The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

On Frank's watch, you can see the rehaut from above, which is weird because you should only see it from an angle. We need more pics.

The winding crown also looks way too big.

Last edited:
So I walked throughout the LA jewelry district through vendors trying to find the DJ2 but this guy was selling this for dirt cheap. It's a Day Date II and we negotiated a cash price which was well below what they're going for. I call this a come up. Just wish it was yellow gold.

Frank, we type out all this stuff to look for when buying a Rolex and what do you do, you ignore everything we said to look for and blow $20 racks without checking what we told you to check. Smh.

I’m hoping Frank knew he was getting a fake and was hoping It would pass NT inspection. Otherwise I’d be sick AF finding out I dropped multiple racks on a fake.

So I walked throughout the LA jewelry district through vendors trying to find the DJ2 but this guy was selling this for dirt cheap. It's a Day Date II and we negotiated a cash price which was well below what they're going for. I call this a come up. Just wish it was yellow gold.

Main issue I see is that the "Swiss Made" on the bottom of the dial should be exactly centered between the 5-6 and 6-7 markers. We could just be dealing with an aftermarket dial here, and hopefully that's it.

Rolex_date_date_2_black_dial_watch_5_l.jpg

If you would like, send me info of the person who sold it to you and I may be able to vouch for the watch. I'm pretty familiar with all these guys and who is/isn't legitimate. In general, I tend to avoid buying downtown unless I know the seller or the watch is brand new and checks out. I know these things pretty well, so I know what to look out for. You can get a great deal downtown, and unicorn deals do exist. Just make sure you know what you're buying. Aftermarket parts don't bother most Rolex buyers that are looking for a too good to be true deal.

As far as the cyclops magnification goes, there was a point in time where Rolex was producing watches with the wrong magnification. This watch fits the timeline of when this was occurring. Refer to this thread here for more info on that.

i dont own but handled it a lot because its been on my "next purchase" list

its great and you have a choice of medium or large size so it can accommodate more wrist, definitely try it on

quality is top notch

quick release bracelet/straps are amazing (it comes with a leather replacement) and the easy adjustable bracelets spectacular

it does have a polished bezel and if an imperfect bezel after a wear bugs you, then it might not be for you but if you can get over it then you cant go wrong

at least give us a reason why

:lol:
Sorry dude. Yeah I like the watch don't get me wrong. Size wise it's nice, haven't seen how it runs but my bezel was misaligned which I can't live with and to be honest I don't know if I can be bothered to find a watch shop to fix the issue. Also the way the knurling kinda comes away from the bezel (almost like flower petals) is weird to me.

Anyone owns the Cartier Santos watch and could chime in on the quality or thoughts.
i dont own but handled it a lot because its been on my "next purchase" list

its great and you have a choice of medium or large size so it can accommodate more wrist, definitely try it on

quality is top notch

quick release bracelet/straps are amazing (it comes with a leather replacement) and the easy adjustable bracelets spectacular

it does have a polished bezel and if an imperfect bezel after a wear bugs you, then it might not be for you but if you can get over it then you cant go wrong

on a similar note, i like the cartier santon skeleton. just sucks its a manual watch.

I’m back in the market for a new piece. I’m leaning towards the Rolex 116613LN or should I get the pre-ceramic?

Back
Top Bottom