The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Looking to buy a 116610 on chrono, anything I should be looking out for? Saw it reco’d here, assuming all positive experiences?

If you had to chose one of these two, all else equal, which would it be? BLNR or ceramic Blusey?

If I didn’t own a Rolex, I’d get the bluesy. To a non-collector it looks way more expensive than it is, the watch is so flashy and everything you could hope for spending over 10k on a watch. People will compliment you and don’t even know that it’s a Rolex until you tell them.

Now you’ve made even more money in the past few years and now have a few watches in your collection. The bluesy no longer has the same allure as it once did, and two-tones are frowned upon by all the up tight watch purists and don’t demand the same resale retention as their SS counterparts. You choose the BLNR because the “scarcity” makes it more beautiful.

I had a bluesy as my first Rolex and traded up to a BLNR eventually. I still have it, I don’t daily wear it anymore but I still love it and plan on keeping it.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the new day date rolex 40mm comes with a bark finish or just the 18078 36mm?

know I'm late but blue >
If I didn’t own a Rolex, I’d get the bluesy. To a non-collector it looks way more expensive than it is, the watch is so flashy and everything you could hope for spending over 10k on a watch. People will compliment you and don’t even know that it’s a Rolex until you tell them.

Now you’ve made even more money in the past few years and now have a few watches in your collection. The bluesy no longer has the same allure as it once did, and two-tones are frowned upon by all the up tight watch purists and don’t demand the same resale retention as their SS counterparts. You choose the BLNR because the “scarcity” makes it more beautiful.

I had a bluesy as my first Rolex and traded up to a BLNR eventually. I still have it, I don’t daily wear it anymore but I still love it and plan on keeping it.
1st Rolex I ever really noticed sum1 wearing was the bluesy, this was long before I knew anything about watches like that. the guy wearing it was in fact at least 65 years old & likely had ties to Florida so flyknitlvr isn't off IMO.

know I'm late but blue >

1st Rolex I ever really noticed sum1 wearing was the bluesy, this was long before I knew anything about watches like that. the guy wearing it was in fact at least 65 years old & likely had ties to Florida so flyknitlvr isn't off IMO.
Lmao same experience here. I was still relatively young at the time as well but the image stuck with me. That’s a grail for me

Anyone here have the new version of the Cartier Santos? Was going to pull the trigger on the two tone over the weekend, but wanted some feedback.

Now I can’t decide between sub no date and dj41 rhodium fluted jubilee. Help me out here!

The only watch you'll ever need.
20170412_163105(0).jpg

That being said it kinda depends on your current collection and what your dress sense is. A sub i would say is more versatile than the dj41. The datejust your thinking about getting is beautiful though and definitely something I would want to add to my collection eventually.

The only watch you'll ever need.
20170412_163105(0).jpg

That being said it kinda depends on your current collection and what your dress sense is. A sub i would say is more versatile than the dj41. The datejust your thinking about getting is beautiful though and definitely something I would want to add to my collection eventually.
I’m a sneakers and jeans every day guy (even at work) so I think the sub fits my style much better. I just love that damn dj though, it’s probably just too much (shiny/flashy) for me to wear every day. I think I’m gonna go sub.

my only othe “nice” watch is a speedy moonwatch.

I’m a sneakers and jeans every day guy (even at work) so I think the sub fits my style much better. I just love that damn dj though, it’s probably just too much (shiny/flashy) for me to wear every day. I think I’m gonna go sub.

my only othe “nice” watch is a speedy moonwatch.
Yeah that was the case for me too. I avoid wearing a shirt and dress shoes on all occasions so for me thats why I went with the sub. I had the new seamaster for a while but it really didn't get worn much as I loved the sub too much. I still want to get a first omega in space speedmaster as well.

Yeah that was the case for me too. I avoid wearing a shirt and dress shoes on all occasions so for me thats why I went with the sub. I had the new seamaster for a while but it really didn't get worn much as I loved the sub too much. I still want to get a first omega in space speedmaster as well.
I bought the 114060. I told my wife I’m gonna sell my speedy and she thinks I’m nuts, but I know I’ll never touch that watch again. Why would I? :lol:

I bought the 114060. I told my wife I’m gonna sell my speedy and she thinks I’m nuts, but I know I’ll never touch that watch again. Why would I? :lol:
If your like me brother you won't be disappointed. Good way of justifying it to the wife. I look down at mine after more than five years of daily wear and still smile. Similar to yourself I was coming from an omega chronograph but the seamaster.
images.jpeg

Last edited:
so are ADs negotiating over the phone to make sales?

sales are supposedly down for ADs but i figure they’ll just move ‘em to grey market instead of doing a huge discount

might be a good time to try and ger something now if they’re more than willing to talk about discounts than ever for non-rolex/ap/pp...

I just picked up a 114060 from a gray for damn near close to retail+tax.

I didn’t even bother calling Either of the ads by me because they dicked me around for almost two years. Even after buying a decent amount of jewelry for my wife over that span

Has anybody here tried modding their Seikos? Been watching Lume Shot’s channel on YouTube and it looks doable to the average person. Got a Seiko 5 SRPD for cheap and wanted to change the bezel insert and put a sapphire dome crystal.
How cheap? Which model

Back
Top Bottom