The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

im on the supposed list but since all the allocation this year has the 50 on the rotor and its limited for 2022, all of them are pretty much allocated to their bigger clients

so whatever i am on the list for, my allocation is going to be pushed back at least a year so all i could really do is just sit on the sidelines and watch until its my turn

such is the game we play

Speedy is :smokin. Congrats!

The legibility is so good. I’ll know I’ll have to get one eventually.

Just got back from Dallas. I visited the Rolex store at Highland Park Village, and I was shocked to see women Rolexs in stock. Every store I’ve hit since last summer has been completely empty.

Speedy is :smokin. Congrats!

The legibility is so good. I’ll know I’ll have to get one eventually.

thanks, its one of those watches thats easier to appreciate when worn

only complaint is for the price and since they already updated the bracelet, they should have added a quick adjust

the new chronoscope has the exact same bracelet and buckle but it has a built in quick adjust so now people are buying just the buckles and switching them up

thanks, its one of those watches thats easier to appreciate when worn

only complaint is for the price and since they already updated the bracelet, they should have added a quick adjust

the new chronoscope has the exact same bracelet and buckle but it has a built in quick adjust so now people are buying just the buckles and switching them up

That's the one complaint i have with it. They already had easy adjust on the SMP, why not add it to the speedy... good to hear there's an easy (but somewhat costly) fix though.

I love the look of the Ed White but I just wouldn't want to park $14k into older technology when the 3861 can be had at less than half the price.

That's the one complaint i have with it. They already had easy adjust on the SMP, why not add it to the speedy... good to hear there's an easy (but somewhat costly) fix though.

I love the look of the Ed White but I just wouldn't want to park $14k into older technology when the 3861 can be had at less than half the price.

yah omega is doing some cutbacks, mine didnt come with the wallet the warranty and metas comes with and the SA said omega doesn't offer it anymore, its dumb

as for the speedy, i actually want the snoopy, that fun little rocket ship in the back is awesome

Might belong in the unpopular opinion thread but to me, the Speedy Pro is the single best watch out there. Timeless design, goes with anything, an unbeatable history, and zero pretentiousness around it.

I limit myself to a 3 watch collection and it’s stuck around the longest and will probably be the only one that will stay with me permanently except for the extremely unlikely scenario where I somehow land a Lange Zeitwerk.

Looking to add to the collection and open to suggestions. Something I can throw on a rubber/leather/nato strap. Was thinking the Tudor Pelagos or BB, Omega Seamaster 300, or in that price range.

Might belong in the unpopular opinion thread but to me, the Speedy Pro is the single best watch out there. Timeless design, goes with anything, an unbeatable history, and zero pretentiousness around it.

I limit myself to a 3 watch collection and it’s stuck around the longest and will probably be the only one that will stay with me permanently except for the extremely unlikely scenario where I somehow land a Lange Zeitwerk.

All comes down to personal preference but yeah I don't think you're wrong. It's right there. That Ed White is near perfection... wish it wasn't 321 manual wind.

if you want something that has a more vintage look, the black bay 58 is probably the best choice under $5k

if its more modern is your style, you cant go wrong with the seamaster or pelagos if its not too big on you

looks like a diver is your preferred choice so ill stick to that for alternatives

first, a seiko, the solar diver SNE573 is a good grab and go watch, retail is $475 but can be had on ebay for $300

Seiko_prospex_SNE573_001_CROP-v1630523371961.jpg

i really like the new aquaracer 200 that is now 40mm and they removed the off putting magnifying glass on the date

TAG-Heuer-Aquaracer-Professional-200-Smokey-Black-Blue-1.jpg

oris aquis date for somewhat more modern and then the sixty five for something more vintage-y

if you're wrist is on the bigger side, take a look at the breitling superocean lines too, they got 42mm, 44mm and up to 48mm iirc, the superocean heritage for a vintage reinterpretation

All comes down to personal preference but yeah I don't think you're wrong. It's right there. That Ed White is near perfection... wish it wasn't 321 manual wind.

i think there are a few things that omega is being stubbron about that could take the watch to the next level

first - stop making a billion limited editions

second - make the WR higher than 50m, its not a diver but its still a sport watch that people would love to wear anywhere and everywhere including jumping in the pool once in a while, with the advances in tech these days that should be easy for them to do even without putting a screwdown crown and i doubt anyones going to be against it

third - quick adjust clasp, again they already updated the bracelet... just add a new clasp you already have on another speedmaster model

fourth - stop making a billion limited editions

fifth - there is no fifth because the watch is already great and classic and you just want to make incremental upgrades that doesn't change the watch itself, the two small changes doesnt seem much but it makes a ton of difference in wearability

if i was in charge though and i am selfish, i would make a smaller version in 38mm, collectors are gon' be mad at it but i think it will still sell

Looking to add to the collection and open to suggestions. Something I can throw on a rubber/leather/nato strap. Was thinking the Tudor Pelagos or BB, Omega Seamaster 300, or in that price range.

I'll give my vote for the SMP 300. Absolutely love mine. There's so much to it. Never boring and works great on OEM rubber strap. Plus choose your color...

Up until recently I was 80% going for the Pelagos. But the more I look at the 300 the more I’m adjusting my list.

Thanks for the input!

Agree. It’s my favorite watch and I even prefer it over my no date sub.

LOOOL they really got my man wearing the 300, in a reasonable sweater, yamming on the outdoor double rim.

I'M SOLD.

Back
Top Bottom