The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Watch snobs, help me decide which piece I should
get for Xmas. Recently been looking at a lot of pilot
watches as I really like the big minimal design. Been
considering the Steinhart Nav B Uhr 44 with the B dial

View media item 1262970
BUT I came across a PVD submariner by the same brand,
the Steinhart Ocean Black. I've dreamed about owning the
murdered Rolex diver for quite some time now, and this
probably as close as I can get for a fraction of the price w/o
it being a cheesy copy.

View media item 1262978View media item 1262980
I'll eventually end up owning both at some point, but
which one should I get NOW? Feel like they're both
timeless pieces that can be rocked daily with any &
everything.

^I have them both (although I have the vintage Titanium A dial) , I love them both, but would give a slight edge to the Nav-B Uhr, its just something about that watch that i really like, the simplicity, the versatility, the all around look and feel is excellent imo

Lol sorry bro, yeah my camera skills are no where near decent, so pics do them no justice

Yeah I love the Ocean series I have the Ocean Vintage Military and Ocean 1 GMT also

The only issue with Ocean 1 DLC, the DLC on the bracelet scratches and wears off pretty easy, I have mine on a Hirsch Leather strap right now until I find a better strap that I like,  I have not had any issues with the DLC scratching or wearing off on the actual watch case only on the bracelet.

Just wanted to let you know about that, don't let it deter you from purchasing if you truly love it because it is even more stunning in person than in the pics 

^Thanks, that was a concern of mine as
Well as I figured that would happen with
The DLC. Is there a way to renew the finish
Or any sites that offer DLC bracelets that fit
Aside from Steinhart? If I get the Ocean, I'll
Def interchange between some NATO straps.

Yeah there are places that refinish DLC and PVD finishes but I personally don't think it would be worth it because of the amount they would most likley charge to refinish and based on the actual cost of the watch it just would not be a prudent expense on that particular piece, then you also have to account for the fact that they have to totally disassemble the watch removing the movement and then reassemble it once the refinishing process is done, there are just to many variables involved in that process for it to be beneficial imo.  

If its really going to bother you I would suggest getting the stainless version which will just need a buffing and movement service every few years.

If your interested in finding out more about the process of refinishing the DLC, there are some good threads on WUS forums

As far other sites offering aftermarket bracelets that will fit the Steiny, I am not to sure about but if do a search on the WUS forums I am sure you can find an answer.

Sorry I couldn't help anymore, but good luck with your purchase and wear it often and in good health, can't wait to some wrist shots of it in here

Last edited:
10pbx4i.jpg

That dude is funny, real shame how much fakes are out there on celebrities. It does make me wonder if they are just being scammed or they are well aware they have fakes?

This guy......

:lol:

Got an email today that DavidSW is relaunching his website shortly.

Getting on there might just be the nudge I need to pick up something new.

Just trying to keep the thread alive.

Looking forward to your new pick-up soon. It's the holidays, I think you could use something that shines before the new year.

Awesome photos dude. Just reminds me how much I dislike the cyclops :x

Sucks, too, because up next is a Sub-C LV.

Part of the problem is I can't decide what I want.

IWC Portuguese Chrono
Another Rolex (your "Batman" GMT is killing me. Or a Daytona.)
Maybe Tudor Black Bay instead

Back
Top Bottom