The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

i can't remember if i asked in this thread, but the pearl on my 16610 (circa 1996) fell off and i'm debating on if i should replace the bezel insert. i bought it a few years ago as a wedding/birthday gift to myself and picked that year for my sister. we're very close and she was actually my best man. what do you all think? keep it all original or fix it?

i can't remember if i asked in this thread, but the pearl on my 16610 (circa 1996) fell off and i'm debating on if i should replace the bezel insert. i bought it a few years ago as a wedding/birthday gift to myself and picked that year for my sister. we're very close and she was actually my best man. what do you all think? keep it all original or fix it?

I would send it to Rolex since it sounds like something sentimental. Aftermarket has it's place, but I don't think I would recommend it in this scenario.

I’d source an insert from the same era to match the patina as much as possible.

The thing is OEM inserts don’t always include the Pearl you’re referring to, but in my experience aftermarket ones do.

rolex might just replace that part only, not the entire bezel.

Have you checked yet?

Last edited:
The thing is OEM inserts don’t always include the Pearl you’re referring to, but in my experience aftermarket ones do.

rolex might just replace that part only, not the entire bezel.

Have you checked yet?

yes, for this reference its one piece, whereas newer subs can have just the pearl replaced.

The wife picked me up a Hamilton Khaki Field "Murph" after I pointed it out to her in one of my favorite movies Interstellar. Glad she shopped around and found it for a good price from an AD.

Screenshot_20221010-042550_Google.jpg
That's awesome. One of my favorite movies and the watches in it being a great part of the plot make it more special

Was offered a naked Hulk for 16k and I'm so freaking tempted :smh:

i'd do it. box and papers is cool, but how much does it really matter if you're going to keep the watch. now if you're going to flip it down the road, maybe a different story.

I've been wearing this John Mayer Gshock way more than I planned on.

20220925_141123.jpg
One day I may pull the trigger on the grey one.

I had early access to the white one, can still be had for damn near retail. I just don’t see myself wearing a white watch really

Back
Top Bottom