The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

The Cartier tank is meant to be worn small.
We're too used to 40mm+ monstrosities on our wrist nowadays.

Can anyone recommend any good sites to check out some rubber straps for a SMP 300?

Latest pickup

Seiko SARX079 "Sharp Edge" in Tokiwa Green
Screenshot 2022-11-06 013842.jpg

very nice, love it that seikos bringing their dial work down but damn their insistence on putting the damn date

i mean just imagine that pattern with a nice clean dial

That latest watchfinder vid on Breitling is awesome.

Well worth a view, 2 parts, gives you a reminder about a couple of their recent bangers, (pistachio dial for instance) some interesting tech, and how far ahead their lead time is. Like watches theyve designed already wont hit the market for 3 to 4 years. And that could just be colourways or minor changes to existing lines, not necessarily new models.

Very cool vid.

a lot of people do not know how much research and prep goes into watches especially when you’re the one that isnt following

like rolex was getting flack for releasing the new titanium deepsea and copying omega when it was probably in the works at the same time if not even before omega started theirs

breitling been doing great, the new person in charge really raising up the brand like the new 40mm gmt is great and they managed to not make it super thick, something tudor just couldnt do with the black bay pro

breitling pricing just seems a little too high, the pistachio is $8600, just feels steep

Anyone know where I could pick up a Tissot PRX in Los Angeles? I saw some local Macys have stock but not trying to pay full retail. Trying to pick one up tomorrow for an event on Thursday. Always last minute …

a lot of people do not know how much research and prep goes into watches especially when you’re the one that isnt following

like rolex was getting flack for releasing the new titanium deepsea and copying omega when it was probably in the works at the same time if not even before omega started theirs

breitling been doing great, the new person in charge really raising up the brand like the new 40mm gmt is great and they managed to not make it super thick, something tudor just couldnt do with the black bay pro

breitling pricing just seems a little too high, the pistachio is $8600, just feels steep
I agree on the pricing. That was the first was i googled and i thought it was 3k over expected, maybe 4. Gorgeous though. Maybe theyre pricing for a certain market, that can afford it. They dont want the speedy crowd wearing them maybe…and have prices them just over. Who knows.

Also like those coloured sports models. The material and composition was an eye opener.

I agree on the pricing. That was the first was i googled and i thought it was 3k over expected, maybe 4. Gorgeous though. Maybe theyre pricing for a certain market, that can afford it. They dont want the speedy crowd wearing them maybe…and have prices them just over. Who knows.

Also like those coloured sports models. The material and composition was an eye opener.

i think thats the wrong mentality, they definitely need to be competing with omega, for example their chronos that they share the same movement with tudor, tudor is almost half the price and $2k+ more than the speedy... given the choice most would pick the two over the breitling B02

then there's the new superocean, the 36mm is $4800, $1k more than the BB58 and the tudor has a way better movement, the breitling uses a modified eta and only has 38hr power reserve.

some things just doesnt add up with breitling and their pricing

i think thats the wrong mentality, they definitely need to be competing with omega, for example their chronos that they share the same movement with tudor, tudor is almost half the price and $2k+ more than the speedy... given the choice most would pick the two over the breitling B02

then there's the new superocean, the 36mm is $4800, $1k more than the BB58 and the tudor has a way better movement, the breitling uses a modified eta and only has 38hr power reserve.

some things just doesnt add up with breitling and their pricing
Yeah thats why i think theyre trying to appeal to a different crowd. Not the entry level crowd. And theyre pricing them out.

Theyve got Brad Pitt on board, this new design team, cash rolling in, and they want every pilot on the planet buying them.

And theyre pricing out the bar flies.

Maybe…

Yeah thats why i think theyre trying to appeal to a different crowd. Not the entry level crowd. And theyre pricing them out.

Theyve got Brad Pitt on board, this new design team, cash rolling in, and they want every pilot on the planet buying them.

And theyre pricing out the bar flies.

Maybe…

It's not a bad strategy and it's been shown to work. And Kern is friends with Biver so he was probably taking notes.

not sure how well they’re selling, my ADs been begging me to buy the pistachio chrono :lol:

i love it but even at 20% off, its not moving and thats one of the more loved version

as of 2021, theyre still behind tag, tissot, longines and iwc but 11th is better than 15 from a few years back i guess and maybe they;ll crack top 10 this year?

1668028256198.jpeg

not sure how well they’re selling, my ADs been begging me to buy the pistachio chrono :lol:

i love it but even at 20% off, its not moving and thats one of the more loved version

as of 2021, theyre still behind tag, tissot, longines and iwc but 11th is better than 15 from a few years back i guess and maybe they;ll crack top 10 this year?

1668028256198.jpeg

Interesting list. Where can I find info on how these rankings were calculated?

It's not a bad strategy and it's been shown to work. And Kern is friends with Biver so he was probably taking notes.
Yeah i dont think its a bad strategy. Theyre aiming for a niche and as per that video theyre hitting their target.

1668028256198.jpeg

True but they're moving up and out of the ones above then, I think they're really only behind Rolex, Omega, and kind of IWC in their niche (primarily sport watches and starting ~$4-5k and above).

I still don't generally like Breitling but they're actually putting out some decent looking stuff nowadays compared to maybe 5-10 years ago when everything was 48mm+ and extremely gaudy.

Back
Top Bottom