The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

only thing that interested me with rolex is the 40 explorer.

need to see the new GMT in person though. Rolex looks a lot better in person than stock photos.

i was really hoping for a white explorer. everything else from Rolex is meh.

also, i guess omega isnt participating at W&W?

i know they got the “omega day” but last year it was at the end of march and it looks like they really havent announced anything about it yet

weird

I didn't even know that Rolex released the new models today until this evening. They get more and more boring with each passing year it seems. The Daytona upgrade is lame and so were the other announcements but I'm glad that they didn't discontinue the BLNR because that's the only watch I am trying to get from an AD.

In the meantime my "Fatboy" Sub will do.

Attachments

• IMG_3751.jpeg
    IMG_3751.jpeg
    246 KB · Views: 141
with the new daytona design, pract6ically all of the old daytona has been discontinued including the meteor dials that just released last year

so if you're looking for something that's gon' be pretty rare and its offered to you, those meteor dials including the green and blue dials are the ones to go after and if you already got one, perhaps hold on to it a little longer

3.png

2.png

1.png

I’m seeing an influx of daytonas on the grey market now. Slightly increased price due to older modes being d/c

rolex, cartier and omega stays on top

rolex now up to 1.2 mil units, up from 900k

still baffles me longines makes/sells 1.7 mil units

and richar mille really found their niche and price point to only have to sell 5k watches to be on top

1680106675426.jpeg

and richar mille really found their niche and price point to only have to sell 5k watches to be on top

1680106675426.jpeg
Longines has their niche. A lot of older people as their brand value was a lot higher in the past. As of late they have been making some good pieces in the heritage range as well as the Spirit line.

I wish they would use indices this size on Submariner. This is my favourite of all the pieces they dropped.

1680106675426.jpeg

never understood the hype for Cartier watches. I guess people only get them for aesthetics.

Craftsmanship-wise, they are junk compared to Rolex and Omega… which is weird considering they have a longer watch history than Rolex.

Yea Cartier has never done it for me

Just not of a fan of what they got going.. but I’m also kinda out on breitling

never understood the hype for Cartier watches. I guess people only get them for aesthetics.

Craftsmanship-wise, they are junk compared to Rolex and Omega… which is weird considering they have a longer watch history than Rolex.

quality is there actually, onpar with both rolex and omega, they just tend to be on the polished, jewelry aesthetic so its not seen as a tool watch hence not as “tough” but it is

the santos for example is at least 100m wr without even a screwdown crown and id argue finishing is a little bit more sophisticated on the cartiers(?)

with that said, women and the chinese/asian markets love cartier and thats where they can be viewed as both a timepiece and jewelry be beneficial because then their quartz pieces moves despite other brands struggling to sell them as well despite the price range

they were smart enough to change their tactics and why their lines like the calibre de cartier and roadster has been discontinued they were strictly aimed for men, they know their market and caters to them

quality is there actually, onpar with both rolex and omega, they just tend to be on the polished, jewelry aesthetic so its not seen as a tool watch hence not as “tough” but it is

the santos for example is at least 100m wr without even a screwdown crown and id argue finishing is a little bit more sophisticated on the cartiers(?)

with that said, women and the chinese/asian markets love cartier and thats where they can be viewed as both a timepiece and jewelry be beneficial because then their quartz pieces moves despite other brands struggling to sell them as well despite the price range

they were smart enough to change their tactics and why their lines like the calibre de cartier and roadster has been discontinued they were strictly aimed for men, they know their market and caters to them

we can agree to disagree.

the steel and bracelet of the santos feels like something I can crush with my bare hands if I wanted to. it just feels too flimsy for me.

but maybe thats your point regarding Rolex and Omega being tool watches.

also their mechanically, they are behind Rolex and Omega.

I just feel like with their history and price they could be doing more with the santos.

mechanical-wise, cartier is actually above omega and rolex too, most of their thin handwound movement are piaget movement (which ate very highly regarded) and rolex would never attempt something like the mysteriuse, i still dont know how the hell that thing works :lol: and they tend to come out with stuff like that every year

1680136733717.jpeg

1680106675426.jpeg

Crazy AP made more money than Patek selling fewer watches.

mechanical-wise, cartier is actually above omega and rolex too, most of their thin handwound movement are piaget movement (which ate very highly regarded) and rolex would never attempt something like the mysteriuse, i still dont know how the hell that thing works :lol: and they tend to come out with stuff like that every year

1680136733717.jpeg

correct me if im wrong but I thought their piaget movement was mostly only on their XL models?

correct me if im wrong but I thought their piaget movement was mostly only on their XL models?

its on some large models too but those watches tend to be less than 10mm thick?

but to me, i love rolex and how boring they are and they are great but they do tend to rest on their laurels more than anyone else so they can move at a snails pace

like cartier created and patented a quick switch and quick adjust system on their bracelet while rolex cant even curved, integrated rubber straps

but you know, i get it too, if your behind you got to try harder and offer more to get those buyers away from the king

they changed the shade of green on the kermit/cermit as an ode to 70 anniversary on the sub which is weird because it marked the first release of the green sub 20 (or 30 years) ago and that everyone else usually capitalize on such things but rolex is like “eh”

if this was omegas seamaster, they’d have 50different limited editions of the seamaster and probably rope in a limited edition speedy inspired by the seamaster :lol:

Back
Top Bottom