The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

I for one love that the Daytona has no date function and never will, symmetry is one of the characteristics I love on the Daytona and I really don't want to see it with a cyclops.

And to those who wants a blacked out Sub, Tudor (company owned by Rolex) has a Blacked Out Black Bay. In-house movement, close to Rolex quality for around ~$4k? And this one is easier to get on a discount too? Hard to beat that.

View media item 1954636

Tudor also has a fluted bezel watch, comes in 28mm, 34mm, 38mm and 41mm.
View media item 1954642

Last edited:
I for one love that the Daytona has no date function and never will, symmetry is one of the characteristics I love on the Daytona and I really don't want to see it with a cyclops.

Daytona would look terrible with a cyclops.

Anyone notice Tag is destroying their watches. Not liking anything they have come out with recently.

Need to make that jump to the [emoji]128081[/emoji]

hey guys... ive always appreciated watches, and just recently started reading/researching on forums and hodinkee... so random that i was just reading about the paul newman daytona for the first time 2 days ago and then rolex announces the Daytona-C the very next day
rfx45 rfx45 thanks for the help through PM the other day
hodog16 hodog16 long time... whats up man, how are you?

^ ^ ^ Yes because it comes with an extra leather strap and it'll be difficult to switch if the bracelet were integrated like Rolexes.

And no problem @Three00ZeeX, glad to help if I could.

There's still some tags that sings to my heart, like the Monaco and the Calibre 18 Carrera.

View media item 1954856

The novelties they have at Basel this year does look bad, the skeleton face was just executed badly, it looks like a cheap Fossil but they have some nice ones and they did lower the price on the brand so it is more affordable.

Wasn't there that whole beef a while ago with Omega and Costco? I recently seen a bunch of Omegas for the low at my local Costco. I was tempted!

Really digging this. :smokin

TudorBlackBay36-8.jpg

strap looks good with the watch though, hope you get a new one soon

and that's the Atelier Calibre 111 iirc

I seen Ben Baller on twitter pretty much scared about Costco selling rolexes now and making it seem as if they're about to put all the authorized dealers out of business, anyone know how true that is?

I don't know about that, Costco doesn't have a huge selection plus they aren't considered an authorized dealer so Rolexes new 5-year warranty aren't going to be any good. I'm just an enthusiast though and not on the other side so there might be something going on in that we don't know. If Costco becomes an official authorized dealer and start carrying plenty of stock then I could see it being a huge problem.

Cartier doesn't hold value as well as Rolex, Patek is pretty much the only one that holds value similar to Rolex. Cartier is trying to their best to keep stores from discounting Cartier though to be eventually be like Rolex but I just don't see it happening.

hey guys... ive always appreciated watches, and just recently started reading/researching on forums and hodinkee... so random that i was just reading about the paul newman daytona for the first time 2 days ago and then rolex announces the Daytona-C the very next day
@RFX45 thanks for the help through PM the other day
@Hodog16 long time... whats up man, how are you?
Hey great to hear from you!! Things are good. Family and work keeping me busy. Hope things are well with you. If you want to get into Rolexes the Submariner is classic and usually most people's first.

I seen Ben Baller on twitter pretty much scared about Costco selling rolexes now and making it seem as if they're about to put all the authorized dealers out of business, anyone know how true that is?
Costco's randomly sell Rolexes but not regularly or widespread. Basically a non-issue as it's been the same way for years. If nothing else, Rolex is pulling accounts left and right, so that the number of authorized dealers has decreased dramatically.

Back
Top Bottom