The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

It'll would be hard for someone with dirty money to amass the collection I have.
I buy 90% of my watches from an authorized Rolex dealer.
I'm almost 40 years old who's been on and off NikeTalk since 2002. Dreaming about Rolex watches since I was 18 years old.
So i had a lot of time to get my funds up.
Since theres a jewelry thread and timepiece thread on here, thought I share because I'm a NTer that has a interest in watches & jewelry.
Not intended to stunt or make anyone collection look weak. In real life I do not wear any jewelry or watches on the daily.
Just a regular joe with Nikes on my feet.

Last edited:
IMG-20181114-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20181114-WA0001.jpg

I shouldn't have walked into Omega today. The new seamaster 300m may well be on par with the current rolex submariner in terms of quality. Fit and finish are on point. So many years Omega had a problem with small things like this but they seem to really have stepped it up. The change in helium release valve is weirdly not that noticible and the wave dial is stunning.

It'll would be hard for someone with dirty money to amass the collection I have.
I buy 90% of my watches from an authorized Rolex dealer.
I'm am almost 40 years old who's been on and off NikeTalk since 2002. Dreaming about Rolex watches since I was 18 years old.
So i had a lot of time to get my funds up.
Since theres a jewelry thread and timepiece thread on here, thought I share because I'm a NTer that has a interest in watches & jewelry.
Not intended to stunt or make anyone collection look weak. In real life I do not wear any jewelry or watches on the daily.
Just a regular joe with Nikes on my feet.

Cool story, but **** talking about you not here to stunt showing this picture in this thread and other threads. At least be real about it. I feel like you fake bro or super insecure. I'm just calling a spade a spade, not even hating.

Plus, I don't remember you in 2002. "I don't believe you, you need more people."

Nice collection.

End of the day what does it matter what he does? Even if it’s not legit it doesn’t really matter to us and if he gets off on posting such things so be it.

Let him stunt. Buy what you like, buy what makes you happy. For all we know he lives in an apartment with such a collection cause he values watches and it brings him happiness vs other things. Plus sometimes career, location, etc is more of a private matter. Would it hurt your feelings if he said his pops bought him all the watches or something?

Idk why you typed all of this like he’s gonna fly you out.

jelly

I need need need

I love the no date but the more I see with the date I want that too :lol:

The submariner og (I hate it being called the nd) is so classic and I personally love symmetry on a dial which is why I went for it as opposed to the date model. I can live with the Cyclops on certain models but definitely can do without it. I think that's why I think I'm in love with the new omega 300m

Cool story, but **** talking about you not here to stunt showing this picture in this thread and other threads. At least be real about it. I feel like you fake bro or super insecure. I'm just calling a spade a spade, not even hating.

Plus, I don't remember you in 2002. "I don't believe you, you need more people."

He posted a photo of watches in a thread about watches.

IMAGINE.

He posted a photo of watches in a thread about watches.

IMAGINE.
Yeah I’m not sure why SAINIDIIvIIAINI so mad. I appreciate the pic.

IMG-20181114-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20181114-WA0001.jpg

I shouldn't have walked into Omega today. The new seamaster 300m may well be on par with the current rolex submariner in terms of quality. Fit and finish are on point. So many years Omega had a problem with small things like this but they seem to really have stepped it up. The change in helium release valve is weirdly not that noticible and the wave dial is stunning.
Just found my next watch! Thanks for posting, absolutely beautiful.

Damn, cool out. Not that serious and it probably is his jewelry.

Here are the watches I wear the most. I've had a lot of nice watches but the Hublot Big Bang is my favorite. The other one is a Tag Heuer 500m Aquaracer. I was never a huge Tag fan but this one is a gold bezel diver that I rarely see. It caught my eye and I copped.

20180315_123628.jpg
20180426_140148.jpg

No problem brother

The value you get from the 300m is crazy. I mean if price is no limit and you have the choice between this and a rolex submariner I would still choose the sub for a couple of reasons. 1. The sub will hold it's value a lot better. 2. Brand recognition - It's internationally known so if you were ever in any drama your wearing money. 3. The design is timeless with minimal changes since its introduction so you know looking at the first subs for 1954 other than various updates technologically, aesthetically it's pretty much the same. It works well with both smart and casual wear (which I think would work well for most of us on NT)

All that being said.....

I think the 300m if you take away the name and heritage and brand recognition I think the 300m might be a better watch. You have a watch with personality and character with the scalloped bezel, wave dial, and see-through case back. The stricter metas certification (although I don't know how much they gain or lose a day through experience but I've heard anything between +/-1 a day). These watches are readily available so no waiting list or at least not as bad as rolex. Also the price of a 300m new is £3600 where as a rolex submariner (without date) is £5750. I own a sub and after having the 300m on wrist there is a negligible/if any difference in quality.

I think before when buying a 300m it was almost a compromise before getting the sub and I feel many people who own one (I was this guy) want to be different but secretly want the sub. After handling this I feel if this was my first high end watch I definitely wouldn't be yearning for a sub.

I hope this helps.

No problem brother

The value you get from the 300m is crazy. I mean if price is no limit and you have the choice between this and a rolex submariner I would still choose the sub for a couple of reasons. 1. The sub will hold it's value a lot better. 2. Brand recognition - It's internationally known so if you were ever in any drama your wearing money. 3. The design is timeless with minimal changes since its introduction so you know looking at the first subs for 1954 other than various updates technologically, aesthetically it's pretty much the same. It works well with both smart and casual wear (which I think would work well for most of us on NT)

All that being said.....

I think the 300m if you take away the name and heritage and brand recognition I think the 300m might be a better watch. You have a watch with personality and character with the scalloped bezel, wave dial, and see-through case back. The stricter metas certification (although I don't know how much they gain or lose a day through experience but I've heard anything between +/-1 a day). These watches are readily available so no waiting list or at least not as bad as rolex. Also the price of a 300m new is £3600 where as a rolex submariner (without date) is £5750. I own a sub and after having the 300m on wrist there is a negligible/if any difference in quality.

I think before when buying a 300m it was almost a compromise before getting the sub and I feel many people who own one (I was this guy) want to be different but secretly want the sub. After handling this I feel if this was my first high end watch I definitely wouldn't be yearning for a sub.

I hope this helps.

20181114_210719.jpg

Also if you a chance to go down to an AD you can pick up one of these for free. It contains the history of the seamaster also specs and processes for the construction of the new model. I picked one up because I think I'm gonna buy one.

The submariner og (I hate it being called the nd) is so classic and I personally love symmetry on a dial which is why I went for it as opposed to the date model. I can live with the Cyclops on certain models but definitely can do without it. I think that's why I think I'm in love with the new omega 300m

For me I have to have the cyclops on a Rolex otherwise it just doesn't seem like a Rolex. It's one of the reasons why I dislike the daytona.

Agreed. The absence of the cyclops on the ND Sub is part of the reason why I consider it one of the most beautiful sport model watches Rolex has ever produced. I wish I never sold mine.

Here are the watches I wear the most. I've had a lot of nice watches but the Hublot Big Bang is my favorite. The other one is a Tag Heuer 500m Aquaracer. I was never a huge Tag fan but this one is a gold bezel diver that I rarely see. It caught my eye and I copped.

20180315_123628.jpg
20180426_140148.jpg

Off topic, but is your wedding band too loose? I just tried mine on and can’t tell how it’s supposed to fit. It’s not uncomfortable persay, but just feels weird wearing it in general I think.

Off topic, but is your wedding band too loose? I just tried mine on and can’t tell how it’s supposed to fit. It’s not uncomfortable persay, but just feels weird wearing it in general I think.

Pushed against the steering wheel most likely.

Yeah I don't like to wear it too tight. I could have gone smaller sizing, but it gets annoying to me when it's too tight. My knuckles are big so the ring doesn't fall off. Took me like 6 months to get used to wearing a ring.

lmao. this a watch thread. so heres another watch pic i stole from instagram. peace
koleone.jpg

Back
Top Bottom