The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

dj2 is discontinued, get the dj41 with the new and improved movement (longer power reserve is always a plus)

I used to love the date just, even had one..

Now, not so much.. I think the new Pepsi is the only jubilee bracelet I would want right now

whitestick.jpg
m126334-0004.jpg

I like the dark rhodium dj41 w the jubilee bracelet. I have no idea whether to buy that or a 114060, i think i need to see both on wrist to make my decision. I think the sub fits me more but I think i may like the dj a little more.

I like the dark rhodium dj41 w the jubilee bracelet. I have no idea whether to buy that or a 114060, i think i need to see both on wrist to make my decision. I think the sub fits me more but I think i may like the dj a little more.

From my personal experience with the 114060 it's the only watch you'll ever need if you want a one watch collection. It's my favourite watch and I can't see a point when I'll ever get rid of it. Are you in formal settings a lot? I assume by us chatting on here that most of us tend to dress down a bit and I would say the sub works in both worlds.

From my personal experience with the 114060 it's the only watch you'll ever need if you want a one watch collection. It's my favourite watch and I can't see a point when I'll ever get rid of it. Are you in formal settings a lot? I assume by us chatting on here that most of us tend to dress down a bit and I would say the sub works in both worlds.
Only time i wear a suit is for a wedding or funeral, or the rare event i need to for work. In my line of work i wear jeans and sneakers to the office everyday, which is why i think the sub is a better fit for how I dress.

in some regards, the roman numerals without lume is more dressy, i mean you really only need the lume on the hands to know the time but really most dress watches has no lume

rolex also does romans really, really well

i went with the white dial on mine so that the date blends in a bit more, lessen the contrast as much as i can help

but if you don't have a blue dialed rolex yet then go with that

i mean come on with the come on!
Rolex-Datejust-41-steel-2017-ref-126334-oyster-5.jpg

Rolex-Datejust-41-steel-2017-ref-126334-oyster-1.jpg

this aint nothing to scoff at either, someone gives me one i ain't gon say no
Rolex-Datejust-41-steel-2017-ref-126300-jubilee-3.jpg

Rolex-Datejust-41-steel-2017-ref-126300-jubilee-1.jpg

How much does case thickness impact y’alls view on a watch?

I’m in no position to spend $10k on a watch, but if I was I’d buy the Blancpain FF 5015. I am slightly concerned that a 15.5m thickness might be too much, as I wear a 12m thickness daily and love it.

i already have to limit the case size because of my tiny wrist so the thickness plays a major factor, not just to be able to fit in a sleeve (shirt or jacket)

it just has to fit with your proportions, if you're forearm looks like a sequoia trunk then 15mm+ thickness won't be much of an issue

15.5 is a little crazy for me. I have a 7 inch wrist but I find myself noticing the height of the seamaster in comparison to the sub and I think there's only a mm difference in height. I think if it's already a concern before you have the watch your only going to focus on it when you have the watch in hand.

every mm count but subs case thickness counts the protruding/raised crystal so its not really as thick as it seems

i believe the seamsters crystal is flush to the bezel so its the full ~13.5mm while the sub while measure at ~13mm is probably more like ~11.5mm-12mm

every mm count but subs case thickness counts the protruding/raised crystal so its not really as thick as it seems

i believe the seamsters crystal is flush to the bezel so its the full ~13.5mm while the sub while measure at ~13mm is probably more like ~11.5mm-12mm

Happy New Year to all! Just hit in the UK.

I always thought the crystal was flush with the sub too? The only Rolex with a raised crystal was the sea dweller right? I might be wrong though.

you might be right and i might also be thinking of the explorer

too lazy to check right now :lol:

happy new year!

AP in Vegas called me for one a few days ago at retail, I was going to pm you about it, is that watch from there?

How’s the ceramic feel in person?

wasn't from vegas. feels very light , but knowing that its made out of all ceramic makes you feel cautious in breaking it.

Going to grab a brown gator Everest Strap to swap onto my Datejust... Best tool to remove the old bracelet???

A beregon strap tool is the best quality bracelet tool. Saying that you can get a cheap kit off eBay for about £10.00/$12.50 (Don't know the exchange rate to be honest) or even less for just the tool. These tools can often be used about 3x max before they start to break.

Back
Top Bottom