The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

I like the dark rhodium dj41 w the jubilee bracelet. I have no idea whether to buy that or a 114060, i think i need to see both on wrist to make my decision. I think the sub fits me more but I think i may like the dj a little more.

I'm a big fan of the rhodium DJ41 w/ jubilee as well (I'm a recent convert; I used to hate the watch) but as someone else already said, the 114060 is the perfect watch for a single-watch collection.

Curious what everyone's opinion on the Milguass is? Thinking of picking one up as a daily beater.

Rolex-Milgauss-Blue-Dial-61.jpg

I'm a big fan of the rhodium DJ41 w/ jubilee as well (I'm a recent convert; I used to hate the watch) but as someone else already said, the 114060 is the perfect watch for a single-watch collection.

Curious what everyone's opinion on the Milguass is? Thinking of picking one up as a daily beater.

Yeah it was me that said it.

In regards to the milgauss I think it's a has potential for a strong position in a collection. My concerns would be solely based around colour as I'm not a fan of orange and green. Other than that the overall design is unique/attractive without being garish like the new air king. I think there were some rumours on the forums that this could be getting a black and red update and if that is the case I'd definitely get one. I love a rolex without the date.

The green crystal, the lightning bolt second hand, the amazing dial...

Can’t go wrong.

Why not an OP over a Milgauss if the color is a deal breaker?

m114300-0005.png

Around the same size and comes in more attractive color combinations imo.

The migauss does have a funkier seconds hand tho. That’s a nice touch. Also the numbers on the dial

Also a couple grand cheaper if you want a good beater Rolex

Why not an OP over a Milgauss if the color is a deal breaker?

m114300-0005.png

Around the same size and comes in more attractive color combinations imo.

The migauss does have a funkier seconds hand tho. That’s a nice touch. Also the numbers on the dial

Also a couple grand cheaper if you want a good beater Rolex

Milguass are anti-magnetic watch worn by scientists, engineers and anyone who's around a lot of heavy duty electronics.

Milguass are anti-magnetic watch worn by scientists, engineers and anyone who's around a lot of heavy duty electronics.

Oh I was speaking on looks only based on flyknitlvr flyknitlvr wanting a daily beater and Leebro Leebro ’s concerns about the color

I actually didn’t know that about the milgauss though. Good little fact there

Oh I was speaking on looks only based on flyknitlvr flyknitlvr wanting a daily beater and Leebro Leebro ’s concerns about the color

I actually didn’t know that about the milgauss though. Good little fact there

Yeah my thing personally is it's a lot of colour and could be difficult to have it on wrist without making a statement.

My money isn't that long for 3x+ rolex watches so they have to be versatile. Do you want a modern rolex? There are some older models that could fit the bill

despite the color, the milgauss isn't as conspicuous as it seems in pics

rolex has enough glare on the crystal that half the time you can't tell the color :lol:

but in all seriousness its just slightly more gaudy than a sub due to the polished lugs, bezel and center-links but its no jacobs

its a sight to behold to see the details in person, the green crystal is a very nice touch as well

I would look into the black air king, as it’s pretty understated with the subtle yellow and green on the dial. I was offered one from a friend for 4900 recently and turned it down, I had some regrets and called him back 30 mins later and he already pushed it.

F4704003-0AE6-4310-BA7B-817D18950600.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone know when exactly Rolex went from IV to IIII with their Roman numerals?

i believe they have always used IIII just like/based off the old clocks and watches, cartier does it too

i could have sworn it use to be IV on both, I had Roman numerals on my datejsut but i can't even remember

its been a long on going topic in other forums so i am almost certain it has been like that the whole time, its probably a lot less common to see watches use IV outside of watches with short history

brands would probably claim its to stick to history, i think its to save index molds but overall it is more symmetric with the VII

yup

what rolex needs to figure out is how to integrate the glidelock or at least the oysterlock

Back
Top Bottom