The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Interesting technology. Hopefully they offer a piece at a more affordable price point. As it stands, 17k is 5196/Pre-owned Saxonia territory. Quite a few formidable alternatives at that price point. Not to mention a JLC Master Ultra Thin Perpetual Calendar if you want to enter complications territory.

That patek is legit, photo was just taken with this
/s

0A9B0F16-F19F-4D76-AC1D-6DD04EE22EFF.jpeg

I wish the waitlist was a year, they told me I would have one by February (After buying a 7118 for my mother’s birthday so not a new customer), I even gifted the dude an Hermès tie during Xmas. Still nada— and at this point I don’t ever plan on getting it.

Also wanted to add in case you guys wanted to know about the ****ery jewelers are pulling nowadays...they’re buying vintage nautilus watches (ref 3800) and placing the movements into aftermarket bust down 5711 cases. I’m talking, new aftermarket bezel, bracelet and dial. It’s nuts, that’s why sellers like time4diamonds have been burned selling 5711 bust downs with the date slightly out of the minute track. Be careful out there. Thankfully it isn’t my style.

Last edited:
I rock cheap *** watches. Like $6 Wish watches.
I used to rock nicer watches but always damaged or lost them. My most expensive current watch is
a $30 Timex. :D

Last expensive watch I saw that I wanted was a
Ferragamo watch I saw at Costco years ago. But I really appreciate watches for some reason just wont break bread on them.

I used to rock nicer watches but always damaged or lost them. My most expensive current watch is

Ferragamo watch I saw at Costco years ago. But I really appreciate watches for some reason just wont break bread on them.

This is what scares me. I'm always hitting my watches up against a table, door, etc...

I want to start getting into higher end watches, but man. I would honestly cry if I damaged an expensive watch.

nothing wrong with that. I wear a g-shock 5 days a week. Weekend is when I pull out the Rolex’s.

^ I don't own a Rolex anymore, but it's more like anything goes for me these days. Always keep a G-Shock handy just in case it rains. :smokin Monsoon season FTL. :lol:

Currently debating between these 2. Leaning towards the first one...Any opinions? *Not my pics
Resized_2a5wafa5yq731.jpeg
Resized_3csziwg4dzj21.jpeg

i like the first one better, still too busy of a dial for me though. I think hamilton could have some really nice watches if they just toned down the dials a little bit.

Prefer the one on the bottom. Cleaner, more monotone aesthetic. Reminds me of the vintage Type B B-Uhren pieces of WWII

My serviced Rolex 14270 came back today

2rwpxj7.jpg

Turnaround time was 6.5 weeks. Everything's working smoothly again. I requested no polishing and the Rolex people listened :smile: Total costs was EUR 650. This included

- Pre-cleaning, dismantling, replaing all the seals, re-assembling, greasing and calibrating;
- Dismounting and remounting the crown
- Ultrasonic cleaning

It came with a nice little Rolex pouch and 2 year Germany and Worldwide Warranty cards. The repair guy said it was in great condition for a 22 year old watch.

Comments are welcome!

Peace
F Sharp005

Scratched my stainless steel band by the clasp on my Carrera. Do I need to send it to to TAG or can I just go to a watch shop or jeweler to try and buff it out?

Scratched my stainless steel band by the clasp on my Carrera. Do I need to send it to to TAG or can I just go to a watch shop or jeweler to try and buff it out?
It won't be the first unfortunately. You definitely don't need to pay to have it buffed out either.

As of late most watch buyers have tended to develop an attitude that the scratches tell "their story" with the watch. This perspective has become more prevalent with the horror stories of bad refinishing jobs.

There are others who like to preserve the like new appearance and are really bothered by any scratch. I would suggest avoiding the refinishing pads you get on ebay and get a bergeon refinishing block which enable you to obtain a consistent finish similar to a professional finish

I was able to try on a handful of my favorites over the weekend (speedy, hublot spirit moonphase, luminor 1950 ceramic on brown strap, fifty fathoms) and to my surprise, the blue dial Omega Seamaster 300M on blue rubber gave me the best feeling. I put it on and immediately had the, "this is the one" feeling. Joint is too fire.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom