The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

two tone sub with the blue bezel is killer. I don't get the sky dweller, I know it's an newer Rolex & all but it's fairly boring. maybe long term watch fanatics who are about the movements know what they're looking at when they see it & it's an innovative Rolex but nothing about the design piques my interest. it's possibly my lost cause it's neat how the bezel actually serves a purpose other than being decorative & it looks good in all silver w/ a blue dial but you can get that color combination in many other Rolexes.

Last edited:
Can't believe my friend sent me this from halfway around the world. Insane. :wow::emoji_flushed:
DSC00638.jpg

4x5 watchoniste.jpg

He even had the artist put my name at the 12 o'clock minute track. Damn.
4x5 watchoniste zoom.jpg

Last edited:
SIHH Becomes Watches & Wonders Geneva

1571327960454.png

A New Format for SIHH

For its 30th edition in April 2020 in Geneva, Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie (SIHH) makes the biggest change in its history. With a new format, new name, new dates and new audiences, SIHH becomes Watches & Wonders Geneva: an unprecedented concept, now in association with the City and the Canton of Geneva.

Watches & Wonders: a name, a brand, a global concept. "Because it's about more than watches, we chose a name that conveys a sense of wonder, excellence, openness and discovery; a different way to experience watchmaking. Watches & Wonders becomes the focal point for the exceptional talent, creativity and infinite innovation of the world's leading watch and jewellery maisons," announced Fabienne Lupo, Chairwoman and Managing Director of the Fondation de la Haute Horlogerie.

Watches & Wonders is a global concept that celebrates fine watchmaking worldwide, with Geneva as its first destination.

From April 25th to 29th, 2020, Watches & Wonders Geneva will bring the entire international watch community together. This will also be the first time the event opens its doors "In the City", by inviting a wider public to venues throughout Geneva.

"With its new name and format, Watches & Wonders Geneva strengthens its international and interprofessional vocation. This is essential for Cartier watchmaking with respect to its partners and its end customers," noted Cyrille Vigneron, CEO of Cartier International SA.

Since 1991, Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie (SIHH) has set the standard for watch fairs, offering the world's leading retailers, journalists and VIP guests from around the world a level of service beyond compare. Already, recent editions have opened up to new audiences and created an authentic community of watch collectors and enthusiasts.

Watches & Wonders Geneva continues this transformation with its arrival in Geneva's city centre, where "In the City" will engage all types of visitor not just professionals. For the public, and young people in particular, this will be a first-ever opportunity to discover and experience watchmaking differently.

"SIHH's transformation into Watches & Wonders cements a crucial rapprochement with end customers and watch connoisseurs. For an artisan brand such as MB&F, this broader concept gives us a platform for reaching new audiences. We are very proud to be part of this project which begins in Geneva and extends around the world," commented Maximilian Büsser, CEO of MB&F.

The Salon, hosting some thirty of the most prestigious watch and jewellery maisons, will take place at Palexpo. More outward-looking, more experiential, more interactive and more connected, it will deliver a wealth of original content and experiences. This is also where exhibitors will give exclusive previews of their new collections to professionals, journalists, VIP guests and other enthusiasts.

Building on the previous year's success, the Lab will showcase even more of the latest technological innovations from the exhibiting maisons, as well as from start-ups of interest to the industry. The Live will offer world-first access to international product launches and exclusive announcements. Keynotes by influential speakers will complete the programme.

For the first time, Geneva itself will be part of the experience. "In the City" goes behind the scenes and showcases the fabulous expertise of the most prestigious names in watchmaking. Exhibitions, walking tours, initiations to watchmaking and visits to manufactures, along with boutique presentations, museum open houses, conferences, conversations with industry players and more will make up a rich and varied programme that is open to everyone a truly inclusive and immersive event which enjoys the support of the City and the Canton of Geneva.

"Hermès welcomes this ambition to open up the Salon. It gives a wider audience the opportunity to discover our exceptional watchmaking savoir-faire both in Geneva and internationally," declared Laurent Dordet, CEO of Hermès Watches.

For Patrick Pruniaux, CEO of Girard-Perregaux and Ulysse Nardin, In the City is "a fabulous opportunity to connect the magic and excitement of a temporary event with the powerful, permanent presence of the brands in the world capital of watchmaking, Geneva. As is the case with Ulysse Nardin, and its new lake-front boutique. The prestige of Geneva is further enhanced by the constant innovation, in design and technique, of an industry whose products remain endlessly fascinating and highly desirable."

Already, Watches & Wonders is set to become the hallmark of excellence; a place for professionals to meet and be inspired, and for the public to learn more about, and marvel at, watchmaking and its countless wonders.

Got a new watch case...

20191016_174544.jpg
I like the Satellite Wave, it wears pretty large on the wrist or no? you have any idea what the case size lug to lug is? that is actually the most important size to me in considering a watch.

I like the Satellite Wave, it wears pretty large on the wrist or no? you have any idea what the case size lug to lug is? that is actually the most important size to me in considering a watch.

Not sure of the exact mm size... but if I had yo guess, maybe 48mm. It's fairly thick, but I don't think it looks too big, and I have skinny wrists

hello all.

Im thinking of purchasing a pocket watch sometime soon, silver or gold. Not sure yet.

Does anyone own a pocket watch?

Post some pics if/when possible.

to be honest, not too impressed with how it looks, my mind would probably change once i see it in person and hold and try it on but looks almost too bland and despite the blue dial which i usually love, it looks matte-ish but not in an amazing way

reading about the bracelet also sounds more impressive and interesting than it looks

i am curious if this is an instant classic and if its gon instantly sell out for $28k, i wouldnt be surprised but it doesnt scream "must have" for me

to be honest, not too impressed with how it looks, my mind would probably change once i see it in person and hold and try it on but looks almost too bland and despite the blue dial which i usually love, it looks matte-ish but not in an amazing way

reading about the bracelet also sounds more impressive and interesting than it looks

i am curious if this is an instant classic and if its gon instantly sell out for $28k, i wouldnt be surprised but it doesnt scream "must have" for me
I think your right. To be honest this kind of reminds me in some ways of an old tissot. In the world of high end steel sports pieces this really doesn't compete aesthetically in comparison to the main competition - the Nautilus and Royal Oak.

its always going to be a challenge going against classic designs like the nautilus and ro that has mostly been unchanged for decades especially i you're trying to create something new and unique and standout these days

it does look like a lange through and through but just not "lange" enough if that makes sense :lol:

its always going to be a challenge going against classic designs like the nautilus and ro that has mostly been unchanged for decades especially i you're trying to create something new and unique and standout these days

it does look like a lange through and through but just not "lange" enough if that makes sense :lol:

If you flip it over, it's definitely Lange DNA. Their link adjustment system is like piecing together Lego. :wow: :lol:
Bracelet and lugs need a bit of work. Looks dope on a rubber strap, though.

Back
Top Bottom