The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

hard to blame em, people keep falling for it

like the moonshine hands were smelted during a full moon… so what? was it smelted by werewolves?

like people really believe that bs? :rofl:

i would get the swatch and switch out the strap

but that has killed any desire I had for buying an omega

Went to check out some Grand Seikos today, and ran into the IWC Pilot 36 as well. Here are a few pics on wrist:
IMG_0971.jpeg

IMG_0968.jpeg

IMG_0970.jpeg

I thought I may end up with the 37mm SBGW283, but after trying the SBGY007 on right after… the omiwatari is just incredible. Super light, thin for a GS, spring drive power reserve on the back - def a new grail piece, but beyond my budget rn.

The Pilot 36 was also really nice, I’m a fan.
IMG_0973.jpeg

But in the end… it was this one. The blue is as good if not better than the IWC (almost has a hint of purple, which fits the moonphase / night sky theme), I prefer the applied indices, and the moonphase is my favorite complication. Super stoked to have this momento.

IMG_0985.jpeg

IMG_0983.jpeg

Bonus - gold medallion caseback is a nice touch
IMG_0986.jpeg

Santos / explorer 2 low key enough to not get recognized / be a target? Am looking to openly wear these at bars, during daytime dc, and pretty much everywhere. Maybe changing the straps to make em more casual/ look dif than straight up retail?

Santos / explorer 2 low key enough to not get recognized / be a target? Am looking to openly wear these at bars, during daytime dc, and pretty much everywhere. Maybe changing the straps to make em more casual/ look dif than straight up retail?

You’ll have no issue in DC - I didn’t for years wearing my collection.

Rolex Trolls Omega With Deal to Buy Home of Arch-Rival's Flagship Store​

• Deal means Omega watch brand will pay rent to competitor Rolex
  • Swiss watch companies in battle for customers and real estate

cant read the whole article but thats pretty much what they did with buying bucherer, either omega pulls from their stores or else rolex is gon be making money off of omega and they can also position omega any way they want in their stores to make them look worse/bad but as a business, i dont think they’ll do that as long as they can make $$$ but theyll definitely put tudor ahead of them

i would say around 3k

If you’re just getting started, I’d recommend potentially getting two watches around $1k (or less - Seiko has excellent options below $1k). Try two diff styles (and diff from the PRX) to get a feel for what you really like/what you find yourself wearing most. Wear those three for a year or so while saving up, and at that point make the jump to a Tudor (or Omega, etc) that you know you’ll be happy with for the long run.

If you really want something in that next ‘tier’ right now, I think the Longines Spirit 37 is a great option. Versatile, can easily change straps, 100m water resistance, and can be had for like $1.5k which gives you some leftover for a future big purchase.

Edit - looks like the BW video above says similar things, even down to the Spirit 37 😅

Last edited:
If you’re just getting started, I’d recommend potentially getting two watches around $1k (or less - Seiko has excellent options below $1k). Try two diff styles (and diff from the PRX) to get a feel for what you really like/what you find yourself wearing most. Wear those three for a year or so while saving up, and at that point make the jump to a Tudor (or Omega, etc) that you know you’ll be happy with for the long run.

If you really want something in that next ‘tier’ right now, I think the Longines Spirit 37 is a great option. Versatile, can easily change straps, 100m water resistance, and can be had for like $1.5k which gives you some leftover for a future big purchase.
thank you for this makes sense. I was originally looking at the Citizen Tsuyosa but now that I started looking at Longines I kind of want to go that route

any recommendations on beginner watches? started to get into watches recently but there so many to choose from. I started off with the Tissot PRX as my starter watch
brands? I would start with the cheaper ones if you are looking for something utilitarian. collectors? depending on what you like or want or just want to burn some cash or show off.

things to consider, style, movement, purpose, battery operated?, solar? or automatic? brand? finish?

most watches nowadays are of good quality for good prices. we rarely see watches that have rough finishes and typically you will see them a mile away if they are bad or good. I don't think you can go wrong with any brand choices unless that is your intention or purpose.

for me, as far as looking for something that I really want, it's a Hublot or a Jacob and Co.

Back
Top Bottom