The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

The book this exhibition is based on isn't very detailed in regards watches but there are some really good pictures of pieces that are part of Hiphop history.

I recommend both this and her other book Contact High if you're into Hiphop

Pretty nice in person and would gladly take one for retail, but not worth a penny more IMO. Batgirl is also much nicer (again, IMO)…

IMG_8949.jpeg

(Terrible photo I know - my bad)

I personally would pick Batman/Sprite & Root beer over it but wouldn't hesitate to purchase if offered to me at list lol

Yep only one I trust and have a solid relationship with.

Watches of Switzerland in Soho and the one in Hudson Yards play too many games.
I felt confident after my last conversation with the SA. Gonna try to get back there to follow up in a couple of weeks.

Hoping to eventually get a DJ 36, sub date and Batman over the next couple of years.

things like these shouldnt be happening and it truly is a terrible, terrible thing and sorry it happened but damn you gotta be smarter than jumping on an uber alone if you got hundreds of thousands (to a million) worthof watches/jewelry with you and then have the crazy idea of suing the hotel and uber?

According to police, the rideshare vehicle was approached by multiple suspects who got out of a white minivan. The suspects reportedly punctured multiple tires, broke a passenger window with a bat, and used a stun gun to shock the victim before grabbing a bag full of “high-dollar” watches.

Fox5′s Kim Passoth spoke with a jeweler who was robbed leaving the same show back in 2021 while he was also in an Uber.

In October 2021, the International Watch and Jewelry Guild show was held at the now-shuttered Tropicana. Raimond Irimescu from Sacramento, California says he usually ships his merchandise home and travels with a group, but he was in a rush to leave early that day.

When the robbery crew hit, his Uber hadn’t even left the parking lot. In 45 seconds, the thieves made off with watches worth $1 million.

Irimescu recounted to FOX5, “A small SUV comes up behind us and then one white minivan traps us from the front... masks on, gloves on, bulletproof vests on... Immediately one person broke the window of the driver and one person broke the window where I was in the back and both of those men were threatening me and the driver with weapons, the person on my side had a gun.”

Irimescu is suing Tropicana and Uber for the 2021 incident.

As far as Genta designs go, the new IWC Ingenieur has really grown on me. The titanium one especially looks awesome.

The price is a different story though, unfortunately. Would love to grab a pre-owned one for about 40-50% off msrp in a couple of years.

completely agree. i really like the Ingenieur, but for nowhere close to MSRP. they really should've priced it at $7-8k USD.

As far as Genta designs go, the new IWC Ingenieur has really grown on me. The titanium one especially looks awesome.

The price is a different story though, unfortunately. Would love to grab a pre-owned one for about 40-50% off msrp in a couple of years.

Let me know, I think we DM’d about this but my IWC rep in Bangalore is super easy to negotiate with

things like these shouldnt be happening and it truly is a terrible, terrible thing and sorry it happened but damn you gotta be smarter than jumping on an uber alone if you got hundreds of thousands (to a million) worthof watches/jewelry with you and then have the crazy idea of suing the hotel and uber?

According to police, the rideshare vehicle was approached by multiple suspects who got out of a white minivan. The suspects reportedly punctured multiple tires, broke a passenger window with a bat, and used a stun gun to shock the victim before grabbing a bag full of “high-dollar” watches.

Fox5′s Kim Passoth spoke with a jeweler who was robbed leaving the same show back in 2021 while he was also in an Uber.

In October 2021, the International Watch and Jewelry Guild show was held at the now-shuttered Tropicana. Raimond Irimescu from Sacramento, California says he usually ships his merchandise home and travels with a group, but he was in a rush to leave early that day.

When the robbery crew hit, his Uber hadn’t even left the parking lot. In 45 seconds, the thieves made off with watches worth $1 million.

Irimescu recounted to FOX5, “A small SUV comes up behind us and then one white minivan traps us from the front... masks on, gloves on, bulletproof vests on... Immediately one person broke the window of the driver and one person broke the window where I was in the back and both of those men were threatening me and the driver with weapons, the person on my side had a gun.”

Irimescu is suing Tropicana and Uber for the 2021 incident.

Most people within the trade use armored cars for transport back and forth. But alot of newer guys especially in the watch game, operate out of their apartments/smartphones.

Even with an armored car, things still happen--like the instance where a Brinks truck was robbed and the items were underinsured.

People don't really understand what those in the industry deal with, how high insurance costs are due to theft (or insurance fraud) and will underinsure. Already thinning margins brought down even thinner.

These dudes are selling 40k watches for a 500 dollar profit, and now have to pay for insurance on it too? May as well take a chance.

For the record, pre-covid, none of this was a concern. This is my first year not attending this convention in 10 years. But I am not in the watch biz.

Back
Top Bottom