The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Still on top of the table :pimp:

Carrick didn't play well today...and if he doesn't then Utd won't click,just like we saw earlier...
this is a huge concern for them...then again most Utd fans already know that...
Cleverley and Nani played like trash as well

eek.gif
 ~!!!

think they each deserved a point

well...i know Ronnie deserved that penalty, but once it happened i knew it wouldn't be called.

had it been 2-0 and that foul happened, it would have been called.

bale has been trash. **** this match fitness thing. dude just doesn't seem like a skilled footballer. only made to counter attack.

people are going to say Benz should have started, but maybe he needed to come off the bench to light a match under his ***, like Higuain would.

great goal by alexis though. diego lopez will never get up off his line against a south/central american again :lol:

Last edited:
Fun game. Mascherano got away with a clear foul on Ronaldo in the box. That would have made it very interesting.

Alexis with a great chip, Neymar was the player of the game for me. Not too much went on with Messi, but he wasn't playing his normal position.

Anchelotti needs to answer many questions, he's put Isco in the dog house for a while now and I don't understand it.

it's really starting to bug me more and more that Falcao, Suarez, and Cavani were on the market and we lost Ozil to get Bale.

I'm remembering that quote where Mou said Real is about politics, and I always felt a lot of Real's willingness to overspend for Bale was because he just looked like your classic Madrid player.

I do think however that Bale will be much better next campaign after a full season and offseason of working with Real's staff.

Last edited:
don't give a @#$% about that penalty no-call :pimp: Madrid's been getting away with doing @#$% like that multiple times a game for YEARS

That Alexis goal :pimp:

Love seeing Barca actually pressing again. Didn't see half this effort last season

Last edited:
A FEW NOTES FROM THE BARCA/REAL GAME

Fabio Coentrao and Iker Casillas looked miserable on the bench.

Gareth Bale was absolute trash. Can't see him with this club for more than 2 years.

Di Maria was nowhere to be found for 80% of the match.

By far this was Iniesta' best game this season.

This loss is going to stick for awhile.

Bale is such a waste. I can't believe Madrid essentially swapt Ozil for Bale smh. Isco on the bench? That horrible false 9 Ancoletti employed? Cmon bro. I'm tired of this. Ronaldo does everything for this team on the offensive end. Neymar made everyone in that back 4 look silly. Jese and Morata brings more life than Bale does.

**** this

I will add, that alexis goal was pure class

Last edited:
Top of the table :smokin hope arsenal can get another striker in the winter window, just added support and contingency if something happened to Giroud

man just mentioning the coach's name reminds me that I know his son personally and hang out with him. but he kept it on such a down low that only when they did win the African Cup he posted up pics on FB. I don't know where his dad is now living wise but back of my mind I wonder if his dad talks to him since his son is gay... but that's another topic

Dude.. You from antioch? Deer valley?

Today was a great day. Barca won the first Clasico at home & my son’s U10 club team won 8-nil today. He had 4 assists playing left back.

Had to watch the 2nd half from my DVR. Here are some of my thoughts…

- Surprised Barca held CR7 shotless in the first half.

- Ancelotti is proof that just because you have a lot talent doesn’t mean it equates to playing well & winning. His PSG team struggled a great deal last year in Ligue Une so I’m not surprised at his RM side struggling. Ancelotti has always had problems tactically & choosing the right side.

- CR7 should always play his natural role & everyone fits in around him. This should be the standing role until CR7 gets old & his form starts to slide.

- Is Isco hurt? I was just thinking Jese looks really active & will impact this game & BAM!

- Bale is not trash. No way no how. His problem is that it seems RM mishandled his injury. He’s doesn’t look match fit & finding his form is going to take work. I think he should’ve come off the bench & should continue to do so until he starts getting more comfortable. I’m confident he’ll find his form & become the electrifying player he’s capable of being.

- Neymar is a beast! He’s looked like he’s been playing with Barca for years. It makes me chuckle to think people said he’d struggle. I’m excited about seeing this kid develop. My only criticism so far is that he needs to consistently look for his shot. I think he wants to defer to the senior players.

- Glad to see Xavi played well. Ditto with Iniesta, my favorite player. It looks like Iniesta is finally becoming comfortable in Tata’s game plan.

- Speaking of Tata, how brilliant is this guy?!?! From smartly rotating his players & his tactical game plan, this guy has proven to be a great hire. Love this guy & look forward to seeing him on the sidelines for many years to come.

- Finally, that Alexis goal… Wow…

Never really followed Bale's career, but from what I saw today and his highlight reels, I haven't really seen a tremendous amount of close-quarters technical ability. In the Premiere league, he just seemed physically dominant with a solid jump in his first step to create the separation for a shot . Today the quickness of Barca's defenders allowed them to just pick off that first step Bale seems to rely on.

Missed the game but I just caught a replay of that Alexis goal 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Barca 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom