The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by JDB1523

^^Read the same on Podolski...IF this is true...can we grab Goetze or Hazard as well? Those signings plus a top 4 finish should be enough to keep RVP around...

Apparently he has been texting Per a lot asking about life in London and what not
Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

what would the formation be if this were true? podolski CANT be on the bench every game and he isnt a rw, how would they fit the ox into the starting line up? and if they sign hazard? sounds like a mess waiting to happen
Something I've been thinking about also. Obviously something like a 4-1-2-1-2 comes to mind. Song....Arteta, Ox, Ramsey, Frimpong and Wilshere rotating in the mid. I see Rosicky getting cut or benched often, Benayoun, I don't see being offered a full contract and Diaby....well 
eyes.gif
 Now will that work? I have no idea, well I'm really not sure but I think it could be done, a signing like Hazard would certainly complicate things. But at least our bench would look threatening 
grin.gif

so is messi better than ronaldinho?
i don't think so but everybody is already mentioning this guys with pele and maradona.....
ohh how fickle you sports fans are with your short memories

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Originally Posted by engoi

The most hated man in Cologne right now is probably Arsene Wenger:

what's the story?i thought Podolski has been itching for a move away for some time now...
and wasn't he the one who was reprimanded or fined by Cologne for publicly voicing his opinions about the team?

Well, I only wrote it because Podolski is for Cologne like an insurance to avoid relegation.He is their best player and an idol in Cologne.
But leaving his current club was obvious.If he has a good environment and good players around him, he is a fantastic player.
I thought it was his former coach Christoph Daum who said that Podolski were offered more than fighting relegation.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

^^Read the same on Podolski...IF this is true...can we grab Goetze or Hazard as well? Those signings plus a top 4 finish should be enough to keep RVP around...

Götze is different than Podolski.
Dortmund plays CL, Cologne is fighting relegation.
Podolskis contract ends next year i guess and Götzes contract runs till 2014.

what would the formation be if this were true? podolski CANT be on the bench every game and he isnt a rw, how would they fit the ox into the starting line up? and if they sign hazard? sounds like a mess waiting to happen

Quality options throughout the squad is a "mess" I, and most Arsenal fans, would love to deal with. Plus having options will allow us to rotate and not run players into the ground as we have players like Kos, Song and RVP who have played almost every single game for us this season.

The solution seems simple to me as Ox can also play as a CAM so.... 

-------Song(Coquelin)-Wilshere(Arteta)

-------------------Ox(Rosicky)

Podolski(Theo)-RVP (Campbell)--Gervinho (Ryo)

We've shown time and again that although our first XI on paper is a quality side, once injuries start our bench is severely lacking (Chamakh and Park in a CL game that we are chasing). Upgrading the squad quality by selling off the players who just arent good enough is vital as we have a big squad so removing the underachievers will free up cash for RVP contract plus help us bring in quality

Originally Posted by trunks206

Quality options throughout the squad is a "mess" I, and most Arsenal fans, would love to deal with.

Podolski HATES the bench.During his time at Bayern he was anything but happy also because he was sitting
several times on the bench.And Podolski needs confidence by the coach and a "cuddling" atmosphere.

Originally Posted by MartianRefugee

i don't think so but everybody is already mentioning this guys with pele and maradona.....
Clearly i'd say.

Ronaldhino despite having been named worlds best player twice you always feel he should have been much more.

Messi has that aura that a prime fat Ronaldo or Zidane had. He works hard, doesn't whine and does damage consistently unlike the buck toothed wizard you speak of. Plus his current goal output is ******ed, a few years ago that was the one flaw that people would pick out and now he's good for 50 a season.

Messi is probably the best player since Maradona. And !%+% a flamesuit, i aint even going to put on any suncream on for that statement
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Originally Posted by MartianRefugee

Clearly i'd say.

Ronaldhino despite having been named worlds best player twice you always feel he should have been much more.

Messi has that aura that a prime fat Ronaldo or Zidane had. He works hard, doesn't whine and does damage consistently unlike the buck toothed wizard you speak of. Plus his current goal output is ******ed, a few years ago that was the one flaw that people would pick out and now he's good for 50 a season.

Messi is probably the best player since Maradona. And !%+% a flamesuit, i aint even going to put on any suncream on for that statement
pimp.gif
I honestly feel privileged to watch Leo play.  He is the best player i personally have ever seen in a real live game.  It blows my mind how he makes everything look so easy out there.  He brought that chip down perfectly in stride like it was nothing then chipped the goalie....again.

Bilbao finally scores 
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
They've been way too sloppy in the final third of the pitch

Llorente
sick.gif
pimp.gif
Too tall, too strong. 
Giggs
pimp.gif

Great game so far.

The Lion King
pimp.gif

Great game to watch. Well deserved goal; Bilbao have looked the better side. Not surprising though, they've been class this season with Bielsa on the bench. 

Looking so dangerous...
eek.gif

eyes.gif

EDIT ~ This is getting ridiculous... relentless attacking by Bilbao, while Smalling is done... bloody-hell. 
ohwell.gif

de gea has been playing much better ever since they benched him a couple games . well i know he was sick also . bilbalo should have maybe 2-3 by now . united need a quick counter goal to slow bilbao down a bit

You'd think the match is being played at Bilbao with this fan support 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
United fans have been silent in comparison for 90% of the game

It's such a cliche, but Bilbao have been playing like they wanted more... closing down players faster, running the extra yard...

Amazing game. This match was better than most of the Champions League games so far 
pimp.gif
I was afraid United was gonna pull even in the final minutes

WHY does DeGea get the start he is so $*!(ing trash, i have little faith in doing something in spain, especially with him in goal

WHY does DeGea get the start he is so $*!(ing trash, i have little faith in doing something in spain, especially with him in goal
lindegaard should be back soon...seems like the best choice when healthy

on another note, if pogba leaves for juve
mad.gif
, i hope saf gets that situation sorted out

Back
Top Bottom