The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

I move that we start up "The Ultimate Mario Balotelli Thread".

Roberto Mancini declared earlier this season that if Mario Balotelli were his son, he would attempt to stop the player from getting into trouble by giving him "a kick up the @#%!". Now, after newspaper photographs showed the striker leaving a Liverpool strip club at nearly 3am the day before hosting Bolton Wanderers, thereby breaking a club curfew for the second time in a matter of months, the manager suggested it was time to implement a new plan for curbing his compatriot's excesses: "Two kicks up the @#%!!" he trumpeted.Mancini was, of course, joking, speaking with the same mixture of amusement and exasperation that Balotelli tends to arouse. But the manager's intention to punish the player was real – and so, after meeting Balotelli yesterday to discuss his latest breach of discipline following a City career that has also included needless red cards and a notorious misadventure with fireworks, the manager is expected to impose the maximum permissible fine on the striker, docking him two weeks' wages. The sanction will come with a warning that if Balotelli does not mend his ways soon, he risks wasting his talent.

"This [fine] is not so much for me and for the squad – it's for him," said Mancini with almost paternal concern for the 21-year-old whom he regards as a loveable rogue but one whose roguishness must nonetheless be reined in. "When you are a professional player you should have a good private life. You can't stay out until after 2am. He needs to understand this. Now he is young but when you are 25-26 it will be different if you don't have a good private life. You can't play at the top level."

I do feel sympathetic towards AVB. His tactics may have been spotty, but he wasn't half as inept as his players have been. The ones he didn't buy, anyway.

Just observing how Chelsea is run year to year since the takeover, one wonders just how in the world Roman made a cent in business, let alone billions. Then one realizes he "made" most of his money due to his association with the Russian kleptocracy, and doesn't actually have much business know-how. Don't care for Mourinho, but if I was him I'd make Roman outright beg for a second stint when he inevitably comes calling.
Cartoon club.

Originally Posted by wayne looney

laugh.gif

Young is so good at picking out the far post

Dempsey's double...thats 12 and 18 in all competitions
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DLo13

I move that we start up "The Ultimate Mario Balotelli Thread".

Roberto Mancini declared earlier this season that if Mario Balotelli were his son, he would attempt to stop the player from getting into trouble by giving him "a kick up the @#%!". Now, after newspaper photographs showed the striker leaving a Liverpool strip club at nearly 3am the day before hosting Bolton Wanderers, thereby breaking a club curfew for the second time in a matter of months, the manager suggested it was time to implement a new plan for curbing his compatriot's excesses: "Two kicks up the @#%!!" he trumpeted.Mancini was, of course, joking, speaking with the same mixture of amusement and exasperation that Balotelli tends to arouse. But the manager's intention to punish the player was real – and so, after meeting Balotelli yesterday to discuss his latest breach of discipline following a City career that has also included needless red cards and a notorious misadventure with fireworks, the manager is expected to impose the maximum permissible fine on the striker, docking him two weeks' wages. The sanction will come with a warning that if Balotelli does not mend his ways soon, he risks wasting his talent.

"This [fine] is not so much for me and for the squad – it's for him," said Mancini with almost paternal concern for the 21-year-old whom he regards as a loveable rogue but one whose roguishness must nonetheless be reined in. "When you are a professional player you should have a good private life. You can't stay out until after 2am. He needs to understand this. Now he is young but when you are 25-26 it will be different if you don't have a good private life. You can't play at the top level."

This guy...
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Arsenal is about to pull of a miracle.
Benfica has some of the dirtiest players ever. One player tackled the damn goal and did not get a red card and they are flopping for days

3-00000000000000000000000000000000000000

gvjksdfn vjkndfjk.gvnsdfjklnvjklsdngvbjklnsdfkljbndfsjklbnsdfjklb

As a die-hard City fan, I am loving what I am seeing from Arsenal.. placed a bet that there would be atleast 3 goals in this match, as well as the Gunners to win by atleast 1.

pimp.gif
Good looks Arsenal
pimp.gif

I swear arshavin is bad luck. Arshavin was on arsenal when they lost 4-0 and now zenit have arshavin and they are now losing.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

WHAT. A. SAVE.

That was the turning point in the game.
frown.gif
 That goes in there is no way we lose.

GREAT fight guys, made up for the +*+$ display in Milan.

If this game doesnt show that we are a handful if players away from something special I dont know what needs to happen to convince the board they need to invest in quality.We were so close to pulling this off and once Ox was spent and Theo got hurt we turn to Chamakh and Park as game changers.
30t6p3b.gif

I'm sooo proud of the fight they showed I just wish we didnt put ourselves in the hole we did in the first leg.

Back
Top Bottom