The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

man i cant even appreciate that win i honestly KNOW that we saved that match because of howard webb and im shaking my head as i type this because it feels bad to say it

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Case can be made for the first penalty. The second one, not so much
laugh.gif
that was soft as hell. Not complaining though.

That Chicharito header
pimp.gif
DDG making some great saves in the second half (he played pretty well despite the scoreline)
pimp.gif

Freak goal by Sturridge. Just when I was starting to have a little bit of faith in Jonny Evans (he had a string of solid games) he comes out at Chelsea and plays like %+%*
30t6p3b.gif

Juan Mata's volley
eek.gif
great cross by Torres too. A shame he's allergic to goal.

Trying to make a case for the 1st pen would be really stretching it.  The boys were very lucky to day to get that result.
DDG made a few FINE leaping/jumping/diving saves today, but his problem is that when he gets crowded he looks very lost.  Very shaky at times.  Kid needs confidence, and if SAF were to drop him right now, that would shoot him down.  I guess SAF now has to stick with his plans for him... keep playing him.
How about Scholsey?  Controlled the attacking as soon as he got on... 

I just cant even understand why AVB didnt look to pack the game up when they were up 3. Not complaining because as all the space Chelsea left let United back in (as it did for us when we went to Stamford Bridge) but is so un-Chelsea like to keep attacking.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Case can be made for the first penalty. The second one, not so much
laugh.gif
that was soft as hell. Not complaining though.

That Chicharito header
pimp.gif
DDG making some great saves in the second half (he played pretty well despite the scoreline)
pimp.gif

Freak goal by Sturridge. Just when I was starting to have a little bit of faith in Jonny Evans (he had a string of solid games) he comes out at Chelsea and plays like %+%*
30t6p3b.gif

Juan Mata's volley
eek.gif
great cross by Torres too. A shame he's allergic to goal.

Trying to make a case for the 1st pen would be really stretching it.  The boys were very lucky to day to get that result.
DDG made a few FINE leaping/jumping/diving saves today, but his problem is that when he gets crowded he looks very lost.  Very shaky at times.  Kid needs confidence, and if SAF were to drop him right now, that would shoot him down.  I guess SAF now has to stick with his plans for him... keep playing him.
How about Scholsey?  Controlled the attacking as soon as he got on... 
Not gonna lie, I watched the game on a pretty choppy feed but I thought Evra got clipped on the heels by Sturridge. Yes, soft but definitely not as soft as the second 
sick.gif
 I was shocked at that one.
It is true about DDG. I still get pretty nervous when other teams take set pieces.

and yeah, Scholes did his thing. We definitely missed his pin-point passing and control. He makes our attack that much more dangerous.

United got saved by the ref, but our defending late in the game was horrible. I think Chelsea will have to go balls out just to make the champions league. sad state of affairs this season
It was really sad to see two of my favorite players on the team go in split directions. Essien looked brilliant today and I am optimistic he can regain his form of the past couple seasons. Malouda is a different story. He has lost his dribbling ability and was missing in action 99% of the game. Torres needs no analysis whatsoever
indifferent.gif
. Cahill probably needs more time.

There was some positives from this match though. Cech, Sturridge, and Ivanovic played well today. I would like Sturridge to pass more but if he keeps scoring I wont complain. Luiz and Mata were brilliant.
pimp.gif

Guaranteed La Liga and Champions League title if this happens. I've been following Ibra this season and he's definitely a level above Higuain and Benzema, as well as Benz is playing this season. Ibra's stay in Barcelona wasn't exactly a success, but it definitely wasn't a failure like some people are eager to point out. His style of play just fits Real Madrid better than Barca, both in terms of their tradition and how they're currently playing.

Unbelievable performance by Roma. Totti is old, but this team has so many young players that if they develop together in sync, they could really be something special.

Great game between Chelsea and United today. That second United goal was most definitely not a penalty, the first might not have been either but it's not a complete scandal.

[h1]Man City boss Mancini admits interest in PSG defender Sakho[/h1]
Submitted by tribalfootball.com on Sat, 02/04/2012 - 10:05

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has admitted his admiration for PSG defender Mamadou Sakho.

Sakho has been linked with Arsenal and Liverpool this season.

"I watch what's going on in Ligue 1. There are some interesting players, but I won't buy anyone right now," said Mancini.

"There are players for the future, like Mamadou Sakho of PSG, for example, but we have many centre-backs. We watch players all across Europe and we can't sign everyone."

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Guaranteed La Liga and Champions League title if this happens. I've been following Ibra this season and he's definitely a level above Higuain and Benzema, as well as Benz is playing this season. Ibra's stay in Barcelona wasn't exactly a success, but it definitely wasn't a failure like some people are eager to point out. His style of play just fits Real Madrid better than Barca, both in terms of their tradition and how they're currently playing.

Ionno about this.. while I'll agree that Ibra is a beast, I have to think its partly due to the league he is playing in.

Great game today..wanted chelsea to come out with the win (this never happens). but im glad united is 2 points behind..torres is still a tool though

Originally Posted by quik1987

Can Arsenal still sneak into the top 4?

probably being biased here, but i still have faith that Liverpool can sneak into the top 4. massive long shot/ladder to climb i guess, but considering all that separates 7th from 4th is 4 points with 13 matches left. anything can happen. 
didnt do ourselves any favors today against spurs tho 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by codeIVC

Originally Posted by quik1987

Can Arsenal still sneak into the top 4?

probably being biased here, but i still have faith that Liverpool can sneak into the top 4. massive long shot/ladder to climb i guess, but considering all that separates 7th from 4th is 4 points with 13 matches left. anything can happen. 
didnt do ourselves any favors today against spurs tho 
ohwell.gif
Not much separating the four teams fighting for that last CL spot in terms of quality, in my opinion. Perhaps Chelsea are a bit better side among the group, and Newcastle a bit inferior, but it'll come down to the wire. Liverpool  really needs to sort out their attack in the final third. Regarding the game today, Spurs seemed content with the point in the second half, and Liverpool's final ball/crosses let them down again.
The cat > anything else that happened in that game. 

laugh.gif

Kenny should have kept the cat on - definitely seemed more effective in the wide areas than Downing did when he came on..

Guaranteed La Liga and Champions league title if this happens 

1110318_o.gif

New rumours.

Lauren Blanc could end his job as FFF coach after the EM this year and could join his old club Inter Milan.
He could be replaced by Arsene Wenger.

Chatter about Inter & Real Madrid this summer @ Yankee Stadium, not sure if it was posted or not.

Back
Top Bottom