The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

I see Neymar going to Chelsea when its all set and done. Who knows but thats my gut feeling.
That was the old rumor with prodding from Luiz and Ramires, even Oscar now. Barca is allegedly the front-runner. Madrid in second. Chelsea in third.

I don't see Villa finishing his career (or prime) at Camp Nou.

How is Moutinho a better fit for AVB's system? He's not, Modric would have been a perfect fit had he been willing to stay. AVB desperately wanted him during his spell at Chelsea, and they were willing to pay ~40 million.
Maybe they couldn't work out a loan in time for Lukaku? He signed a few weeks before the transfer window closed if I remember correctly, and it's likely difficult to secure a loan agreement as you've got to work out how much the loaning club is going to pay in wages. Not too many teams that late in the window keen on paying a teen striker with no league experience. Besides, at Chelsea he had like 50 bigger problems than getting PT for an 18 year old. :lol:
Playing Sturridge over a 50 million pound striker, and Drogba would have made his trouble with the senior players worse, and gotten him sacked in even faster time. They had no pace out wide (a key system component) which is why he was played there with limited success.
:rofl: @ Rayo fans sabotaging the lights before the Madrid match. Apparently, it was in response to the club making the fans pay a surcharge. :smh:
Those United supporters :smh:
Luka a perfect fit for AVB's system? We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. A perfect fit that AVB couldn't wrangle from Spurs and (mostly) Levy, despite a war chest granted by Roman. No reconciliation in preseason for Spurs either, AVB just decides to allow a Luka move to Madrid.

Nah, man. Can't honor that. Blues knew Lukaku was coming months in advance. Pen to paper.

A 50m pound striker that was in putrid form and bagging less goals than a nerd gets women. Sturridge deserved a chance in the ST role whether you see it or not. The first-half of the 2011-2012 campaign, I believe Sturridge was Chelsea's leading goal scorer. Tremendous form, which I admit he didn't follow up the second-half of the Blues campaign.

I love how Wenger doesn't acknowledge Clichy at all, just walked straight past him
laugh.gif
Wow, that was an oddly fascinating video, I watched every second. Don't support City but will be looking out for these in the future. 

Levy/Redknapp convinced Modric to stay w/ a promise to grant him a move the following summer, and he then signed a new contract so they could get max value. Nothing Chelsea could do to get him as Spurs weren't willing to sell, and he was willing to stay a season longer. AVB's system is based on utilizing width in possession, patient build up, and a high defensive line with quick pressing. Modric would have been ideal as he can organize play and maintain possession, act as a central pivot to help in the the slow build up, and make those penetrative passes inside the opposing FBs. Seeing as how Moutinho is an inferior player, and does none of these things better, he isn't a better fit.

A player has to agree to a loan move, they couldn't have consulted him and made a move until he was officially signed. Could be any number of reasons Lukaku wasn't loaned immediately, I was merely speculating. Regardless, getting him PT wasn't a primary concern, and certainly wasn't one of AVB's main problems. On form, Sturridge may have deserved a look in over Torres, but not over Drogba. Starting him in that CF spot would have worsened his reputation with the senior players. DS was played where he was needed. Besides, when you manage for Roman, and he purchases a big money striker, you have to play him even if his form is lacking. See Mourinho and Schevchenko.

Last edited:
vidic out 2 months smh

:frown:

He has made five appearance since his comeback but was left out of the 2-1 victory over Liverpool this weekend after complaining about the problem,with Sir Alex Ferguson saying at the time:"He felt a bit tight around his knee and we decided to give him a break."

He has now had surgery to rectify the issue and is likely to return in late November.

A club statement read:"Nemanja Vidic has had a meniscus operation on his right knee and will be out for around eight weeks.

"Sir Alex,as a precautionary measure,rested Vidic at the weekend,after he complained of tightness in his knee;however,further medical investigation revealed the underlying problem.The central defender was operated on this week and will be sidelined for about eight weeks."

i guess they had to do it,better now than later on in the season...
Utd are already missing Jones and Smalling,so my only hope is for the rest of the squad especially the defenders to stay injury-free...

Was his right knee the previously-injured knee?  Yeah, better now than later, where it could get worse... I guess. Gotta think big-picture.

And is the Capital One Cup the Carling Cup now???

Was his right knee the previously-injured knee?  Yeah, better now than later, where it could get worse... I guess. Gotta think big-picture.

And is the Capital One Cup the Carling Cup now???

Yes
Chelsea 6-0 :x
Everton is looking sloppy
Good chance Walcott might start as CF tomorrow

Last edited:
Yes
Chelsea 6-0 :x
Everton is looking sloppy
Good chance Walcott might start as CF tomorrow

With us playing Coventry at home and with the game on the weekend, don't expect Wenger to put anything close to a good team out there.

I would imagine that he would come on as a sub with the game on the weekend. He never really does. I mean that he uses a lot of the youth players, with the first game around it's kind of hard to say if they will be good or bad...but we'll see. Should be a good game

According to ESPN, United's playing Newcastle on the 7th. Regardless, that'll be a good game, too. Another game to throw in: Portland vs Seattle :pimp:

And Spartak vs CSKA if anyone gives a **** about the Russian league (I do not).

According to ESPN, United's playing Newcastle on the 7th. Regardless, that'll be a good game, too. Another game to throw in: Portland vs Seattle :pimp:
And Spartak vs CSKA if anyone gives a **** about the Russian league (I do not).

Yeah, schedules change without it really making "the news". So I guess, there was a shuffle around after that image was made. Nonetheless, still a good day for football...

Vidic out for 8 weeks :smh:

De Gea, Vermijl, M Keane, Wootton, Buttner, Fletcher, Cleverley, Anderson, Rooney, Welbeck, Chicharito

nerd.gif

ARSENAL TEAM: Martinez, Miquel, Djourou, Angha, Yennaris, Santos, Coquelin, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Arshavin, Giroud
SUBSTITUTES: Shea, Squillaci, Bellerin, Frimpong, Eisfeld, Gnabry, Chamakh

Glad to see Frimpong back....Jack is back in training :pimp:

I wonder if OX and Arshavin will be switching positions

Back
Top Bottom