The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Lyon gets the final CL spot :nthat:

-PSG, Marseille, and Lyon get CL. Tough break for Lille as they end with nada

-Saw Benfica lost today...they were undefeated a few weeks ago and had a shot at a treble...now they end with nothing :lol: those fans have to be maaaad

Those England red kits are class, simple but really nice.

I've never seen such a collapse in football before, never.

It's not only that Benfica has lost, it's the way they have lost. They lose the league and Portuguese league in stoppage time - and today they let Vitoria score 2 goals in the final 10 mins to win. - Unbelievable.

I've had an amusing time watching all of this, nothing fuels my Porto ego with more Benfica tears. But damn dude - even I feel bad after today.

They fell apart again and at the end of the game Cardoza (Benficas best player) was pushing the manager. It's all over the news and TV. I'd upload a video but I'm on my phone.

Epic Collapse.

I ******g love Robbie Keane 
nthat.gif

Great run by Franklin, better find by Keane 
pimp.gif

ROBBIE KEANE!!!

He's playing like a man possessed, dude is on one tonight 
smokin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Cruz Azul were broken by the time it hit penalties...entertaining stuff, tho.

LA running over Seattle. Get Rogers on early so us East Coast heads can go to sleep... :lol:

Re: Neymar

The best part of this signing to me is that Iniesta can play CM. Not that Neymar isn't good, but there are definitely more pressing needs for them.

Juninho is getting messed up out on the pitch tonight 
mean.gif

Get Rogers in for him 
laugh.gif

I remember reading an article awhile back after he came out saying he was a catholic and a conservative. So yes

I'm a Real fan, but if I were in neymars shoes I'd go to Barca as well. Right now it's the right fit for him.
just out of curiosity how is it a right fit for him? Do you even watch neymar play for santos other than highlights. Neymar is a selfish player, he will need to adjust to the barcelona tika taka play style.

Rook how is neymar not an average player?

I think barca is missing a selfish type player though. They need someone with an eye for goal, and its not like neymar is a horrible passer. I really think barca was the better of the two, Madrid is not known for cultivating talent. Madrid also doesn't seem like a locker room where the stars are willing to help develop their possible replacement.

I'm a Real fan, but if I were in neymars shoes I'd go to Barca as well. Right now it's the right fit for him.
just out of curiosity how is it a right fit for him? Do you even watch neymar play for santos other than highlights. Neymar is a selfish player, he will need to adjust to the barcelona tika taka play style.

Huh? Dude you sound hurt. You seriously think Neymar is average? lol his stats prove you very wrong

Huh? Dude you sound hurt. You seriously think Neymar is average? lol his stats prove you very wrong

I hadn't seen the stats posted in here....so I figure I'll just add this to the pot....

Dude is veeeery far from "average"

Last edited:
I'm not going to say that Neymar is better than Messi or El Saviour Ronaldo.

But I will say, that he is extremely gifted. A really incredible player with a knack for goals and a footballing brain that is rare. To say that he's average is just pure hate and disrespect for the kid.
Granted Europe will be the test (Champions League) because of the different defence systems, weather conditions and physicality of the game will vary between different matches, I think he'll show that he's a cut way above average.

It seems like the usual suspects making the inaccurate almost bombastic statements just for the sake of being contrarian. It would be fine if people said they didn't like Neymar or even say the hype doesn't seem justifiable to them but to say Neymar is average or doesn't have talent is just plain wrong.

As someone whose watched a lot of Serie A, I can tell you Neymar is phenomenally talented. He has everything you would want in a forward & more. He's a natural finisher, superior ball skills, has great passing ability, & creates for those around. He picked the right time to leave because he seemed to have plateaued playing for Santos this past year. Almost like he was languishing there.

He's also a hard worker & willing to do all the things to make him a better player which you often don't see in a lot of young players. For this factor alone, I have faith that he will end up doing very well playing for the Barca side.

He's the latest embodiment of Joga Bonito.

Sure there will be a period of adjustment playing not only in a new system but also a new tougher league. It might even take longer for him to adjust which will surly bring out the haters & the boo birds but in the end, he'll be fine. He couldn't have come to a better club...

I hadn't seen the stats posted in here....so I figure I'll just add this to the pot....

Dude is veeeery far from "average"

LOL "But...but...he's average!"

Give him time, but he is going to become a force in that attack.

-Juventus are interested in signing Manchester City forward Carlos Tevez, 29, and Fiorentina attacker Stevan Jovetic, 23.

-Chelsea winger Florent Malouda, 32, is a target for French side Lyon. Malouda did not make a single appearance for the London club this season and his contract expires next month. (I know he's a bit older, but SHEESH, not a single appearance. Let him goto MLS or something)

-Arsenal midfielder Arsene Wenger has admitted his interest in signing Lyon's 22-year-old midfielder Clement Grenier. (LOL ahh the rumor mill)

-Malaga playmaker Isco, 21, says he may leave the Spanish club. He is a transfer target for Tottenham, Chelsea and Manchester City.

-Spurs chairman Daniel Levy's determination to hold on to midfielder Gareth Bale, 23, is set to be tested by a £65m bid from Real Madrid

-Newcastle have made enquiries about signing Sporting Braga's Portuguese striker Eder, 25.

-Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic is wanted by newly promoted Monaco after they were turned down in a bid to lure Vincent Kompany from Manchester City. The 29-year-old has been recommended by coach Claudio Ranieri to Russian owner Dmitry Rybolovlev.

-Lyon have made an approach to Arsenal to take 25-year-old forward Gervinho on a season-long loan with a view to a permanent deal. (I can hear the celebrations in North London from here)

-Arsenal are set to sign Belgium goalkeeper Simon ­Mignolet, 24, from Sunderland for £10m as Arsene Wenger dips into his £70m transfer fund (I would think Begovic would have been higher on the transfer list)

Back
Top Bottom