The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

I know they had injury problems in the midfield last year but the Spurs need a striker to play up front more than another MF... Not sure that was a smart way to spend money...
I think they have too many midfielders as well. They need to unload some of them or put them ou tfor loan and pick up a striker.

Apparently Joel Campbell and Wellington Silva have been granted work permits (finally). It's been on twitter and Silva tweeted that he'll be in London next season. But Arsenal have yet to confirm anything.

az has a rejected sunderlands bid for Jozy.

Nice I hope he stays or holds out for a better club plus Di Canio is bat**** crazy :lol: I really wouldn't mind him at PSV if he stays in the Dutch league they could get CL, but it's most important he's playing consistently leading up to the World Cup

Highlights from Messi and friends:

Neymar last goal was :pimp:

It's been a bad year of sorts for Messi, losing to Los Blancos like Barca did (& King's Cup no less) , hammy injury, embarrassing exit out of CL, massive tax issues, & now he's not showing up for Messi & Friends in LA. Wonder if he'll show for the one in Chicago?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-lionel-messi-charity-game-20130702,0,5450983.story

Lionel Messi loses friends when charity game in L.A. is canceled

By Kevin Baxter
July 2, 2013, 7:43 p.m.

The event was billed as Messi and Friends. But the Argentine soccer great didn't make many of those in the lead-up to his scheduled charity game Wednesday at the Coliseum.

The match, one in a series of games involving Lionel Messi and more than a dozen top international stars, was canceled Tuesday, about 26 hours before kickoff. And that gave way to a blistering attack from Ralina Shaw, the vice-president of public relations for El Padrino Spirits, one of the event sponsors.

A release from Shaw's public relations firm said the game was canceled when Messi chose not to participate. Messi, who was scheduled to play a charity game Tuesday night in Peru, could not be reached for comment.

"In all the years I've been doing live events, I have never encountered a situation like this," Shaw said. "It's unfortunate because the only losers in this scenario are the fans that were looking forward to the game."

The match appeared to be on shaky ground from the moment it was announced. Promoters held one news conference and did little publicity or community outreach despite the fact tickets had a face value of up to $300 and the game was scheduled during the busiest week of the soccer calendar in Southern California, one featuring visits by five national teams, including the U.S. and Mexico, two Mexican club teams and an Independence Day game with the MLS champion Galaxy.

Messi, it appears, did even less work promoting the game.

"After hours of trying to convince Lionel Messi's management team to fulfill their contractual agreement and come to Los Angeles, it is clear they have no respect for these fans and this market," Todd Graham, CEO of El Padrino, said in a statement.

Ticket purchasers seeking refunds are asked to contact Ticketmaster.com

they wanted Messi to fly in 3 hours before the game and play..aint happenin said Messi lol.

^ This has been planned for months now (possibly longer). I would've thought that was already known. Why did Messi agree to it in the first place? Also with his continuing hammy issues, playing these exhibition games probably isn't the smartest thing anyway so the promoter should've had a contingency plan to make sure other players would play & line up another star in place of Messi...

Jonjo Shelvey to Swansea.

Picturing Rodgers staring out that window in his office with "Careless Whisper" on repeat...

Illarramendi close to being sold to Real Madrid for 30m

The cupboard is getting stocked!

2 assists vs Barca last season

Last edited:
Shelvey is a workhorse, but dude could not finish for his life. Hopefully things workout for him at Swansea. I remember when Rodgers said he would be take Gerrard's spot when he retires :lol:

My man Gotze upset 3 stripes :smokin :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...iling-Adidas-unhappy.html?ico=sport^headlines

Just DON'T do it: Adidas fury at Gotze wearing a Nike shirt at Bayern unveiling
By CHARLIE SKILLEN
PUBLISHED: 10:55 EST, 2 July 2013 | UPDATED: 12:32 EST, 2 July 2013

New Bayern Munich signing Mario Gotze has invoked the wrath of his club's kit-makers Adidas - by turning up to his official unveiling in a Nike t-shirt.

Gotze, who arrived from Bayern's German and Champions League rivals Borussia Dortmund as Pep Guardiola's new signing, proudly held his new number 19 shirt, with a huge Nike 'swoosh' on his t-shirt.

Adidas are the long-standing sponsors of the European Champions, and even hold a 9.1 per cent stake in the club, while the sportswear giant's CEO, Herbert Hainer, is a member of Bayern's board.

But the company have hit back at the pictures of £32million Gotze, as only Adidas should have a presence at what they deem an 'official Bayern Munich function'.

'The pictures from today's press conference with Mario Gotze have negatively surprised us,' confirmed a spokesman. 'Contractually it is not permissible because it is an official function of Adidas partner Bayern Munich. We have already discussed with Bayern Munich.'

Gotze can wear Nike boots as per his sponsorship deal, but for official presentations like his unveiling must wear an adidas Bayern shirt.

The other player to be announced to the press was Mainz defender Jan Kirchhoff - and his t-shirt was also from boot sponsors Nike.
Kirchhoff sported a grey t-shirt with a 'Go Like Hell' slogan, with the Nike emblem underneath.

Last edited:
I was explaining the rivalry of Barca & RM to a co-worker & then got to talking how crazy & funny Jose was during his time at the Bernabeu. Showed him to eye gouge vid & saw these. Couldn't help but laugh... Him slapping Puyol was the funniest though...

Last edited:
^ This has been planned for months now (possibly longer). I would've thought that was already known. Why did Messi agree to it in the first place? Also with his continuing hammy issues, playing these exhibition games probably isn't the smartest thing anyway so the promoter should've had a contingency plan to make sure other players would play & line up another star in place of Messi...

Just find it funny Messi has been this generous saint for so long and CR7 was looked at as the douche.

That Nike "Go like hell" shirt is piff

I was explaining the rivalry of Barca & RM to a co-worker & then got to talking how crazy & funny Jose was during his time at the Bernabeu. Showed him to eye gouge vid & saw these. Couldn't help but laugh... Him slapping Puyol was the funniest though...

People get pissed off at his antics, but I just find them hilarious :lol: He definitely made La Liga more interesting for the past 3 years, and this is coming from a Barca fan. Blaming UNICEF for Madrid's losing :rofl: :smokin

Last edited:
Those Mourinho videos :smokin

Dude is the man. Someone here said it before - if the Dos XX's guy retires, Jose Mourinho should take his place as the most interesting man in the world commercials.

Back
Top Bottom