The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

The latest on Bale is that RM have officially offered £90 million + Coentrao. I love Bale, but we'd be crazy to turn that down.

They better accept this offer before RM change their mind. Bale wants out and they have funds to buy more players to add to the squad. Only problem, I don't think the Spurs know what to do with all that money. One thing is for sure, they better upgrade their stadium because it looks a little shoddy compared to the big boys.

I know what I would do, I would go after some more young creative midfielders like Erikson. I just don't want them to end up like ManU right after the Ronaldo transfer which was stagnant until they finally splashed the cash to get RvP.

Wenger...

I agree that RM would benefit from Bale
but dude Bale will not play DiMarias position better. Bale is a number 9 goal scorer....DiMaria is not.

Bale is not a number 9 striker, stop that. He's easily better utilized on the wing instead of his back to goal..

As for Coentrao, he better not go. He's a beast. I doubt Tottenham want him anyways, they'd rather take the money to splurge.

Last edited:
Bale is not a number 9 striker, stop that. He's easily better utilized on the wing instead of his back to goal..

As for Coentrao, he better not go. He's a beast. I doubt Tottenham want him anyways, they'd rather take the money to splurge.

Whatever dude if you like him as a winger good for you. I bet RM want to pay all that money for a guy who can center the ball for Ronaldo header.

Whatever dude if you like him as a winger good for you. I bet RM want to pay all that money for a guy who can center the ball for Ronaldo header.

Dude is right. Bale is not a 9. Bale is not even a 10. Bale doesn't even belong in the centre.

Dude is a classic winger who is very good at his job right now.

Last edited:
Playing Bale or even Ronaldo at postitions other than the wing is like putting oil you would put into an civic, into a lambo.

Bale played centrally in the hole for large chunks of this season, though, and that's where a lot of the goals came from. Obviously he's better on the wing, and Ozil should play the 10 role, but I think the interchanging wings between Ronaldo and Bale would be interesting to watch. Honestly, as much as I want him out of England, I wouldn't want to see him go because I feel like he would eat Isco minutes, and I really want to see that kid play more.

where do you guys expect Isco to start even if the Bale stays at Tottenham?

there's no way he immediately takes Ozils place in the starting XI which is his natural position.

It seems like their attacking personnel of Ozil, Ronaldo, and Benzema basically forces them to play a 4-2-3-1.

benz
cr---ozil ----?

I don't think he'd start over di maria either, and nor do I think he can play in one of the 2 holding roles.

I don't know Isco's game too well though, only seen him a few times in the CL.

Isco's natural position and best fit is occupied by Mes. He's also blocked by Luka off the bench, unless Ancelotti drops Modric to a deeper holding role.

Isco can comfortably play wide right but probably not over Di Maria, if Madrid keeps the Argentine and doesn't secure Bale.

I'm excited to watch Illarramendi play at the Bernabeu. Had a stellar campaign for Real Sociedad.

Isco's natural position and best fit is occupied by Mes. He's also blocked by Luka off the bench, unless Ancelotti drops Modric to a deeper holding role.

Isco can comfortably play wide right but probably not over Di Maria, if Madrid keeps the Argentine and doesn't secure Bale.

I'm excited to watch Illarramendi play at the Bernabeu. Had a stellar campaign for Real Sociedad.
Even if Bale doesnt come to RM, the midfield is very crowded as is. Isco's main position is occupied by one of the very best in the world in my opinion in Ozil. He will likely be interchangeable with Di Maria for at least this season.

Reminds me of Chelsea signing Marko Marin last year. He had no shot of getting into Chelsea's log jam of a midfield. Same with Victor Moses, who in my sincere opinion can be just as good as Oscar on his day 

The addition of Schurrle and KDB won't help their cause.

I'd like to see Moses reunited with Martinez at Goodison.

I've always held a modest valuation of Marin. He's purely average to me.

All this talk of positions is making my head hurt.

I know I've asked this before, but can someone go in depth about all the positions?

WTF is a number 9 and 10? What about the numbers before that? :lol:

All this talk of positions is making my head hurt.

I know I've asked this before, but can someone go in depth about all the positions?

WTF is a number 9 and 10? What about the numbers before that? :lol:

11 = usually a midfielder or a forward/winger--> think Bale, Robben (Dutch), RvdV (Spurs)

10 = Second Striker/Creative Mid (or best player on team) --> think Messi, Mata, Gotze (Dortmund), Ozil, Hazard (Belgium)

9 = Striker/Center Forward/Goal Scorer --> think Ibra, Torres (Liverpool days), Drogba, Balotelli (Italy), Falcao, Eto, Benzema

8 = another # for Creative Mid --> think Iniesta, Eriksen, Xavi (Spain), Nasri

7 = not really fixed to a certain position but could be for wingers or midfielder--> think Ronaldo, Di Maria (Argentina), Walcott (England), Ribbery or Ramires, Milner, Fernandinho (Shaktar)

6 = usually midfielder or defender --> think Xavi, Alcantara, Kheirda

5 = usually midfielder or defender --> think Essien or Puyol, Contrao, Vermaelan

4 = usually defender --> think Luiz, Metesecker, S. Ramos, J. Martinez (Spain)

3 = usually defender --> think Pepe, Pique, Bocanegra, A. Cole

2 = usually defender --> think Fabio, T. Silva, Varane

1 = goalie --> Buffon, Cech, Lloris, Howard

Last edited:
The addition of Schurrle and KDB won't help their cause.

I'd like to see Moses reunited with Martinez at Goodison.

I've always held a modest valuation of Marin. He's purely average to me.
Just more additions into the log jam 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom