The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

My team Santos Laguna just lost to Real Madrid, it was a great game. Proud of my team for keeping it 1-1 through the whole game, luck was on Madrids side, the goal khedira made :rofl:
Santos Laguna :pimp:

The Sun says "Harry Redknapp has revealed Tottenham promised Luka Modric he could join Real Madrid a year ago. Spurs have rejected Real's £30million offer and will not let Modric go for less than £40million. Hugo Lloris' father and agent expects the Lyon goalkeeper to join Spurs for around £12million once Modric is sold to Real."

Cash is Moura's motivation right now. Manchester being a boring city is kind of true, but let's be honest, it's money talking right now.

I don't exactly blame him with how short footballers careers are, you got to maximise. I guess for his career, the major thing to look at, is which manager will he be under. I can't remember Ancelotti being a great mentor of young players (maybe I'm wrong). A kid with his potential I would want to see at a club where he starts weekly, and is looked after by someone like SAF, Carlos Queiroz, Jose or Pep. The issue with oil money clubs is that, if they don't see you having a breakout season immediately, they sign someone else next season to come in and do your job (see Dzeko), often not realizing that it takes time for a player to truly develop (see C Ronaldo and T Henry). Clubs like this often kill potential of players.

I saw an interesting comment on a United site that said "seriously...a kid who couldn't even start on the U-23 side isn't worth 30m"

Man...No Ocean, but damn this dude is handsome :lol:
He's my favorite athlete in the world, and when people say Ronaldo > Messi, I always tell them, if Ronaldo looked like ugly dude, you wouldn't say that :rofl:.
It's funny though, none the less, if he comes to MLS down the road, that'll be dope

Nice video man :smokin

Ronaldo my favorite athlete too, Was a pleasure getting to watch him play his art at Manchester United and I enjoyed every game I went to that he played

Anderson (Man Utd) signed up to Instagram - His name @andowlove

Seems he a Kobe fan :lol:

fifa.com had confirmed both the Cazorla to Arsenal and Rondon to Kazan transfers but then removed the Cazorla bit.

I'm sure it is done, guess Arsenal just want everything to be 100% before any announcement is made.

Cash is Moura's motivation right now. Manchester being a boring city is kind of true, but let's be honest, it's money talking right now.
I don't exactly blame him with how short footballers careers are, you got to maximise. I guess for his career, the major thing to look at, is which manager will he be under. I can't remember Ancelotti being a great mentor of young players (maybe I'm wrong). A kid with his potential I would want to see at a club where he starts weekly, and is looked after by someone like SAF, Carlos Queiroz, Jose or Pep. The issue with oil money clubs is that, if they don't see you having a breakout season immediately, they sign someone else next season to come in and do your job (see Dzeko), often not realizing that it takes time for a player to truly develop (see C Ronaldo and T Henry). Clubs like this often kill potential of players.
I saw an interesting comment on a United site that said "seriously...a kid who couldn't even start on the U-23 side isn't worth 30m"

:lol: @ the spin job. You've only been talking up the signing for the last 20 pages or so, but now that there's a hint of him going elsewhere he's a money grubber who may not be worth the fee? Stop.

FYI, Ancelotti has seen some of the greatest modern players reach world class status under his eye - Pirlo, Buffon, Cannavaro, etc. You named four managers who fit under your standard of being a "great mentor," yet two of them aren't even managing club sides, and one of those two isn't anywhere near Carlo's league in any aspect. So Utd and Real are his only options if he wants to become great? LOL.

As far as "oil money clubs" go, Chelsea and City both have young players who have been or will be there for a long time. You gave the Dzeko example (though he had already reached his potential), but why are United trying to signing RvP? What does that mean for young Chicharito? He ever gonna reach his potential as a fourth string striker? Besides, better an "Oil money club" than a club owned by money leeches like at United.

Oh, and Manchester being boring isn't kind of true, it's very true. Compared to Paris it may as well be the boonies. Nothing wrong whatsoever with the kid going to PSG at this stage in his career - if he does go. Worked well enough for Ronaldinho.

:lol: @ the spin job. You've only been talking up the signing for the last 20 pages or so, but now that there's a hint of him going elsewhere he's a money grubber who may not be worth the fee? Stop.
FYI, Ancelotti has seen some of the greatest modern players reach world class status under his eye - Pirlo, Buffon, Cannavaro, etc. You named four managers who fit under your standard of being a "great mentor," yet two of them aren't even managing club sides, and one of those two isn't anywhere near Carlo's league in any aspect. So Utd and Real are his only options if he wants to become great? LOL.
As far as "oil money clubs" go, Chelsea and City both have young players who have been or will be there for a long time. You gave the Dzeko example (though he had already reached his potential), but why are United trying to signing RvP? What does that mean for young Chicharito? He ever gonna reach his potential as a fourth string striker? Besides, better an "Oil money club" than a club owned by money leeches like at United.
Oh, and Manchester being boring isn't kind of true, it's very true. Compared to Paris it may as well be the boonies. Nothing wrong whatsoever with the kid going to PSG at this stage in his career - if he does go. Worked well enough for Ronaldinho.

Far from a spin job.

I merely mentioned my opinion, coupled with others that I've read.

I did clearly state, I wasn't too familiar with Ancelotti, because I only really knew him from his Chelsea days. Sadly enough, under Roman, even if he performed well, that job just comes with too many owner issues. As for managers "not managing clubs", maybe I didn't make it clear when I said "and is looked after by someone like". The reason why I mentioned Carlos, was not as a manager, but as a coach/assistant manager. If you read up about his creative ideals, and more importantly about how he looked after players of latin descent during his time at OT, you'll see why I mentioned him. I mentioned those managers off the top of my head, they're not the only ones. Hell, even Wenger could probably mould that kid into something special, probably the same with AVB and a few others.

"As far as "oil money clubs" go, Chelsea and City both have young players who have been or will be there for a long time." - About this statement here. Those players often get shifted to the side. We've seen this countless times. So what, you're at the club for a long time, but when was the last time you got a full 90? Big clubs with HUGE cash reserves often do this. They stack hard, and when key players begin to shine, it becomes hard for others to get in. The reason I say "oil money clubs" is because generally, they're the ones with insane cash reserves, and are buying the fastest to build mega squads.

Being at an "oil money club" is better than being at United? Debatable. I genuinely would think being at a club where I get to start everyweek, receive a VERY healthy paycheck and actually have a shot at league and CL titles would be better than being at a club where I ride the bench or only get to play 15min a game. But like I said before, a footballers career is so short, that it's hard to blame them when that big(ger) paycheck comes calling. In Moura's case, with players like Bastos and Nene ageing, he's probably more likely to get a full 90 though. But then that begs the question, how come he couldn't get a full 90 at U-23 Brazil?

• Sir Alex Ferguson missed Manchester United's goalless draw with Valerenga on Sunday so he could push through the signing of Arsenal captain Robin van Persie, 28. - Daily Mail
  • Ferguson now heads the queue to sign Van Persie after Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini admitted for the first time that he does not expect to sign the Dutchman. - Daily Mirror
  • Manchester United are also hoping to take advantage of Malaga's financial crisis to sign Spain Under-21 international midfielder Isco, 20. - Metro
  • Chelsea defender Ashley Cole, 31, has ruled out a move to big-spending French giants Paris Saint Germain after insisting contract talks over a new deal at Stamford Bridge have not stalled. - Daily Mail
  • Liverpool are set to miss out on signing Clint Dempsey, 29, this summer as boss Brendan Rodgers is not impressed with Fulham's £10m asking price for the USA forward. - Metro
  • Chelsea are hoping to tie up a deal for Wigan forward Victor Moses, 21, before Sunday's Community Shield against Manchester City. - Guardian
  • Nottingham Forest are attempting to sign Norwich City's Spanish youth international central defender Dani Ayala on a season-long loan. - Daily Mirror
  • Tottenham are reassessing their next move after 22-year-old Malaga striker Salomon Rondon, a key target, opted to join Russian side Rubin Kazan. - the Sun
  • Blackpool have failed to agree a deal with Emile Heskey, 34, who has been training with the Seasiders after leaving Aston Villa. - Daily Mail
  • Birmingham are attempting to beat Huddersfield to the signing of Norwich striker James Vaughan, 24. The Terriers have already lodged a £1m bid. - the Sun
  • Birmingham are also set to sign West Ham midfielder Ravel Morrison, 19, on a season-long loan, while former West Brom midfielder Somen Tchoyi has joined the club on trial. - Birmingham Mail

Has any player ever won league titles in EPL, La Liga, and Serie A?

I know:
Robben has won EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga.
Beckham EPL, La Liga, MLS :lol:

Last edited:
can't think of any.. pretty sure Juventus didn't win the league when Thierry was there. Milan was average while Becks was there.

Do you all think these guys speak diff languages? IE do you think Ozil speaks german and spanish (since he plays in madrid)..Was talking to a friend about it today and i think they do, or at the least should speak enough to communicate on the pitch

I can't really even think of anyone who has won the EPL and Serie A at all except for Patrick Viera.

As for the languages, I think most try to learn the language of the country they play in, but a lot of times, English is the language that binds, since it is taught in a lot of Europe, especially for the younger guys coming up now.

Back
Top Bottom