The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Bought to buy a Brasilian :lol:

I'm sure Leandro just shot to the top of his list...

Spurs were silly for not signing him up asap as possible. Their time wasting may be a real killer for them...

Yup, just said that on twitter...he's prob gonna go after him.
What do you expect, it is the Spurs :lol:
I wonder what is going to happen to Dos Santos. Haven't heard anything about his transfer recently, not sure if it's stalled or fell through. Maybe AVB promised him playing time?
But he has been pretty much on point for all the games he has played for his country this summer.

yeah, Dos Santos needs to get outta there....he gets 0 burn and he's a good young player, he should try and get to a La Liga team I think he'd thrive there, he did well at Racing a yr ago....plus he's already on AVB's bad side I think

I wouldn't be too surprised :lol:
If he doesn't get sold now and things stay the same...smh.

No way Mexico beats Brazil

I bet they do...Mexico look really good, just make sure Gio is good and they will.

I still wish that Vela was on the squad. :smh:

I'm surprised that Vela hasn't been on the Mexican team in a while. I wish him the best of luck in La Liga.

http://www.nextgenseries.com/Clubs/Arsenal?page=1

I wonder if he had a bust-up with a coach or something...it bothers me to see his talent wasted and not put on the national team.

Him & Gio work so well together, both very fast left-footed players.

I'm surprised that Vela hasn't been on the Mexican team in a while. I wish him the best of luck in La Liga.

Vela got called up by Chepo De La Torre to participate in the friendlies and 2014 WC Qualifiers earlier this year and Vela declined to "focus on his club career". I think he's burned all his bridges with the current coaching staff and perhaps will never be called to play for Mexico again.

Leandro Damiao put in work today. 
pimp.gif

Would like to see him in the EPL but I don't want him to suffer the same fate as Dos Santos

Last edited:
yeah, Dos Santos needs to get outta there....he gets 0 burn and he's a good young player, he should try and get to a La Liga team I think he'd thrive there, he did well at Racing a yr ago....plus he's already on AVB's bad side I think
Believe gio only has 6 months left on his contract. Has already said he's gone after that making it nearly impossible to sell.

wore my aba aztec mexico jersey to the daily pick up game today..was stunning on everyone lol

They already have in a friendly before the Olympics....but I'd put my money on Brazil this go round....Mex has a chance though, they neutralized Neymar last time

yeah but Mexico had the majority of their senior squad playing in that game in Dallas. But anything is possible, I really thought Japan was gonna pull this game out, especially after that first goal. It should be a great game come Saturday. Marco Fabian will cause some problems for the Brazilian defense.

God I'm excited to see Santi play for Arsenal!
http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/dr...-league-great-cantona-zola-or-di-canio-178167

My starting XI to start the season

Szczesny

Coquelin- Kos- TV- Gibbs

Song- Arteta

Cazorla

Theo- RVP- Gervinho

Santos is great going forward and he's scored some timely goals but man he's a bad defender :lol: You know he's bad when Karen Giggs is considered a better defender than you. :lol:

If Jenkinson plays at RB until Sagna gets back we aren't going to seriously compete for the league, especially with the teams we're playing at the start of the year. He simply isn't ready for this level yet. I'd put Nico in before him but I'd prefer Coquelin because he played at RB during his loan at Lorient.

The midfield looks damn good on paper. Arteta sitting deep dictating the tempo of the game; Song breaking up play more now that he has a high class creative player infront of him again and Cazorla pulling the strings.

The front 3 the same as last season since we need to hit the ground running and the three know how to play together. Hopefully Gervinho keep his form up and continues to ghost past defenders like he has in preseason. Podolski and Giroud to be eased into the team/subbed on as we're puttiing teams to bed...*Freeway's voice* "early!"

The 18th cant come soon enough!

Last edited:
Llorente wants to leave Athletic Bilbao as he turned down an 4.5mil offer from them. Llorente is one of the best Strikers in Spain and I hope he signs with another Spanish team but I doubt it. He's probably going to end up in England or Italy. He would be the perfect fight for Liverpool up front now that Andy Carroll's been loaned to West Ham. I think he and Suarez would be a good duo up front.

the AC news been dying down on the liverpool end, and havent heard anything about Rodgers rating Llorente like that. i think rodgers is hell bent on playing suarez in the middle tho and id agree with him. then again, im not the biggest fan of llorente.

Only bad thing about the Final on Saturday is if we win silver. The way I see it is you play for bronze (Korea vs Japan), you play for gold (Mex/Bra), but you settle with silver.

I just hope Brazil doesn't win. If they do believe they will over dose with Michelle Tello during the celebration :x

Last edited:
I wonder if he had a bust-up with a coach or something...it bothers me to see his talent wasted and not put on the national team.

Him & Gio work so well together, both very fast left-footed players.
It's a low-key bust up, Vela was kinda pissed he wasn't called up for the gold cup (I believe or some other tournament or qualifiers) so to get back at De La Torre, he said no to the Olympics and his great and reasonable excuse was that he wanted to find a team so he can settle down and try to get a first team spot. So that's the story why he might or might not be called up in future generation and same for jonathon dos santos. Jonathan is getting back at Mexico for not taking him to the 2010 world cup. Gio might stay at spurs AVB might use him (so AVB says) but who knows. Levy is a person who is determined for the prices and will get what he wants. He wants the 10€million for him, it's the same problem with Modric whom is not for sale unless you offer 40€ million for Modric just as levy wants

Last edited:
smfh Timbers just traded Troy Perkins for Donovan Ricketts. Cool, taking an older player, with a higher salary, on the downside of his career... for the one bright spot in our defense team this season, who's bailed the Timbers out of too many terrible situations with unbelievable saves to count.

FIRE GAVIN WILKINSON.

/MLS talk that like 2 people give a damn about.

I don't get this trading thing with MLS. Do they buy players? Can anyone school me on MLS transfers

i thought it was a pointless trade for both teams but now that you mention ricketts makes more money, i hope its not by a whole lot.

seattle trying to get that 4peat US open cup tomorrow night..im not even gonna lie, Eddie Johnson been proving me wrong.

Based on player's salary this year, Ricketts makes about 60K more than Perkins. Ricketts was our man but ever since he broke his arm last year, he's been struggling, he's never been the same since.

smfh Timbers just traded Troy Perkins for Donovan Ricketts. Cool, taking an older player, with a higher salary, on the downside of his career... for the one bright spot in our defense team this season, who's bailed the Timbers out of too many terrible situations with unbelievable saves to count.
FIRE GAVIN WILKINSON.
/MLS talk that like 2 people give a damn about.

Strange trade all around. Ricketts is playing some of the worse ball I've ever seen from him but he's still better than Perkins on his best day. It's not like Perkins was playing for peanuts either, I know he makes over 200k. I think Ricketts makes around 250k. I think it's an upgrade for Portland.

I don't get this trading thing with MLS. Do they buy players? Can anyone school me on MLS transfers

MLS is single entity just like the other major American sports leagues. The league itself owns the individual clubs, in turn the league also owns the players.

To answer your question, MLS buys the players, but it gets confusing when people/media use the wrong terminology, not to mention the rules involved in how MLS clubs can acquire players.

Last edited:
Nah, Perkins has bad games, but 95% of the goals we allow is on the defense. Those 5 goal games, though... some of those are on him. I'd really rather keep him than bring in Ricketts, who as you guys have said already, hasnt been playing nearly as well as the man we saw a couple years ago. If Ricketts can find even 70% of the form he had in 09/10, I completely agree it's an upgrade. But who knows how it'll turn out :\

Regardless, I'd rather keep Perkins at this point of the season. It's almost over, we may as well keep the core group together until we're ready to put Gleeson back there. I just hope Perks is happy about being on a team going up in the world, instead of stuck here at this pit of false hope known as Jeld-Wen Field.

God I'm excited to see Santi play for Arsenal!
http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/dr...-league-great-cantona-zola-or-di-canio-178167

My starting XI to start the season

Szczesny

Coquelin- Kos- TV- Gibbs

Song- Arteta

Cazorla

Theo- RVP- Gervinho

Santos is great going forward and he's scored some timely goals but man he's a bad defender :lol: You know he's bad when Karen Giggs is considered a better defender than you. :lol:

If Jenkinson plays at RB until Sagna gets back we aren't going to seriously compete for the league, especially with the teams we're playing at the start of the year. He simply isn't ready for this level yet. I'd put Nico in before him but I'd prefer Coquelin because he played at RB during his loan at Lorient.

The midfield looks damn good on paper. Arteta sitting deep dictating the tempo of the game; Song breaking up play more now that he has a high class creative player infront of him again and Cazorla pulling the strings.

The front 3 the same as last season since we need to hit the ground running and the three know how to play together. Hopefully Gervinho keep his form up and continues to ghost past defenders like he has in preseason. Podolski and Giroud to be eased into the team/subbed on as we're puttiing teams to bed...*Freeway's voice* "early!"

The 18th cant come soon enough!

Santos :rofl:
The next friendly, we should get a decent idea on how things will be.
I'm really stoked too. And we may also be getting Sahin. Ramsey looked good at the Olympics, Diaby is fit *knocks on wood*, Wilshere is running on ground now. Rosicky and Lansbury should be back from injury soon and OX. Our midfield is looking really good. This will help our defense out a lot.
I guess AW feels that Bartley can really step it up. There was a rumor on twitter today saying that AW is in the market for a defender, which I really doubt.

Defense is still a slight issue but it won't be as bad as last year. Our bench is looking good

http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=8my6

Nah, Perkins has bad games, but 95% of the goals we allow is on the defense. Those 5 goal games, though... some of those are on him. I'd really rather keep him than bring in Ricketts, who as you guys have said already, hasnt been playing nearly as well as the man we saw a couple years ago. If Ricketts can find even 70% of the form he had in 09/10, I completely agree it's an upgrade. But who knows how it'll turn out :\
Regardless, I'd rather keep Perkins at this point of the season. It's almost over, we may as well keep the core group together until we're ready to put Gleeson back there. I just hope Perks is happy about being on a team going up in the world, instead of stuck here at this pit of false hope known as Jeld-Wen Field.

I'm with you. No shots but as bad as you guys have played defensively, Ricketts doesn't help that. Iker Casillas could be brought in and it would still just be a bandaid on a wound.

Either way, you mentioned earlier it's only a handful of us who actually give a damn about MLS, this is how we know the profile of the league is rising. Two of the worse off teams in the league swap keepers and it's actually got people asking questions. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom