The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

I noticed that watching them play today. Very precise Rodgers is. LFC struck gold IMO

I noticed that watching them play today. Very precise Rodgers is. LFC struck gold IMO
Yea Rodgers was under Mourinho's wing during his time at Chelsea, just kinda saw a little bit of that Mourinho style in him. A great coach, did a splendid job for Swansea as well

Yea Rodgers was under Mourinho's wing during his time at Chelsea, just kinda saw a little bit of that Mourinho style in him. A great coach, did a splendid job for Swansea as well

Definitely was a good hire for Liverpool...Swansea played a really attractive style and Rodgers is a big proponent of the "tiki-taka" style that barca plays....his tactical awareness is really great, I saw a breakdown of it and it was really next level type stuff :lol:

Rodgers' football resembles Mou's in that his forward attackers utilize quick exchanges and fluid interchanging of positions in the final third. But Mourinho's style is counterattacking at it's core ( though his current Real side can play either depending on the opponent); Rodgers prefers a possession game.

San Francisco bros, help! I need a good bar to watch the South Korea vs Japan game tomorrow. I'm rooting for Korea since it matters :smile: Please help. Tomorrows a pretty big deal for me.

I'm not sure what the environment will be like for this game, but look up Mad Dog in the Fog or Maggie McGarry's. They're owned by football fans who usually have all the games playing side by side

Anyone know if the Italian Supercup will be televised tomorrow morning? Gotta watch my boys stompout juve again!

• Luka Modric is being forced to train on his own at Tottenham's training ground, but Real Madrid could be cooling their interest in the 26-year-old Croatian midfielder. - Daily Mirror
  • Manchester United chief executive David Gill is set for more negotiations with Arsenal this weekend over the possible transfer of striker Robin van Persie, 29. - Daily Telegraph
  • Chelsea are looking to sign Napoli centre-forward Edinson Cavani, 25, after Zenit St Petersburg made a move for 26-year-old Porto striker Hulk. - Daily Star
  • Spurs hope to sign Inter Milan goalkeeper Julio Cesar, 32, on a free transfer. - the Sun
  • However, the Italian club have asked that Spurs right-back Kyle Walker, 22, be included in part-exchange for the Brazil international. - the Times (subscription required)
  • Dutch international Wesley Sneijder is urging Inter Milan to buy his team-mate, 27-year-old midfielder Nigel de Jong, from Manchester City. - Metro
  • Chelsea are looking at Juventus right-back Stephan Lichtsteiner, 28, after their move for 22-year-old Spanish defender Cesar Azpilicueta of Marseille stalled. - Daily Mirror
  • Middlesbrough hope to finalise a loan move for Chelsea's 19-year-old midfielder Josh McEachran. - Daily Mail
  • Celtic midfielder Ki Sung-Yeung, 23, is now a target for Atletico Madrid as well as Arsenal. - talkSPORT
  • Caen striker M'Baye Niang, 17, is set to disappoint Arsenal, Manchester City and Tottenham by joining AC Milan on loan. - Evening Standard
  • John Guidetti's proposed loan move from Manchester City to Sunderland could be in jeopardy because the 20-year-old Swedish striker is struggling to shake off a virus. - Daily Mail
  • Birmingham have decided not to sign defender Lee Naylor, 32, after an unsuccessful trial period. - Birmingham Mail
  • West Brom manager Steve Clarke hopes to add to his new club's defensive options during the remainder of the transfer window. - Express & Star

^ 95% of that news is bs, summer is the worst time for football, journalists will write anything with no factual basis:smh:

Anyone know if the Italian Supercup will be televised tomorrow morning? Gotta watch my boys stompout juve again!
http://beinsport.tv/ will have the live stream tomorrow morning.

Conte has been suspended for 10 months, not sure if he will appeal (don't think he has a good chance with that). Seems to be a lot of politics around all of this.

Bellamy reported took 50% of the wages he would have gotten at QPR to go to Cardiff. Maybe they will finally break the mold and deservedly get to the EPL.

Braga v. Udinese seems like a very good tie for the UCL playoff. Rooting for Di Natale to make the CL proper this season.

Can't wait for Ligue 1 today, it's on Univision Deportes for those interested.

I have it confirmed that Carlos Vela did have a bust up with De La Torre. Vela told De La Torre straight to his face (in Spanish) "Me caes mal" which in English means ' I don't like you.' Thats why Vela may not be called up from now on while De La Torre is still there

Arsenal have agreed a deal with Olympiakos for Defender Sebastien Squillaci (SSN)

Sky Sports: Squillaci in talks with Olympiakos over 3-year deal. Greek club seeking replacement for Mellberg, who has joined Villarreal #AFC

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!

Rodgers' football resembles Mou's in that his forward attackers utilize quick exchanges and fluid interchanging of positions in the final third. But Mourinho's style is counterattacking at it's core ( though his current Real side can play either depending on the opponent); Rodgers prefers a possession game.

this.

liverpool's tiki taka wont resemble barca's and it seems impossible to get the long ball out of some of these players minds, but the much quicker exchanges will make for some exciting football.

I have it confirmed that Carlos Vela did have a bust up with De La Torre. Vela told De La Torre straight to his face (in Spanish) "Me caes mal" which in English means ' I don't like you.' Thats why Vela may not be called up from now on while De La Torre is still there

But why? And the way things look like now he wont step down or get fired anytime soon. Plus he was a beast with Toluca :smokin

Vela :smh:

So whats up with N. Castillo?

Man U stock exchange debut was a complete fail.

Torres ready to cook this year. Man I hope he can start scoring like his LFC days.

Gone a few days so I need to catch up.

PSG signing Lucas for 45mil is absurd. If they're willing to splash it, cool. I just don't get how an unproven 19 year old is valued like that. He might be the next Ronaldo... or he might not. 45mil on a gamble when there are more proven players that will go for much less just doesn't make much sense to me. Even when he was rumored at 30mil to us I was incredulous.

I'm not really on board with the RvP transfer rumor for United. Goals galore, sure, but with the wages he'll want, his age, and his fragility in mind... I just don't think it will end up well for us. What are the chances he repeats his goal-scoring form from last season? I just don't see it... go get Lewadowski if he's around the rumored 20mil Arsenal want for RvP.

I hope United make at least one more signing in the midfield.

But why? And the way things look like now he wont step down or get fired anytime soon. Plus he was a beast with Toluca :smokin

Vela :smh:

So whats up with N. Castillo?
I really dont know exactly why. No i doubt he wont leave, for mexico in order to move up the ranks and at least go on to the 5th game they desperately want in the world cup they need consistency. and dont remind me of that final :smh: stupid Santos lost in penalties. i was :frown:
i couldnt believe it as well, they had it!! twice to score the winning penalty but vuoso and morales had to miss :frown:
On the case of Castillo, he got injured and he's ready for this weekend. He wasn't ready for the 2010 world cup because his parents both passed in away in a time period of six months and he was going through a divorce. Mentally he's ready but he's gained some weight since the last time he played for mexico in 2007. I hope he gets things together, he seemed like mexico's savior back when he was in form

Last edited:
Gone a few days so I need to catch up.

PSG signing Lucas for 45mil is absurd. If they're willing to splash it, cool. I just don't get how an unproven 19 year old is valued like that. He might be the next Ronaldo... or he might not. 45mil on a gamble when there are more proven players that will go for much less just doesn't make much sense to me. Even when he was rumored at 30mil to us I was incredulous.

I'm not really on board with the RvP transfer rumor for United. Goals galore, sure, but with the wages he'll want, his age, and his fragility in mind... I just don't think it will end up well for us. What are the chances he repeats his goal-scoring form from last season? I just don't see it... go get Lewadowski if he's around the rumored 20mil Arsenal want for RvP.

I hope United make at least one more signing in the midfield.
teams take advantage of financial situations, point in case Manchester City. Everyone knows Manchester City has money, thats why liverpool upped the bid for 24 million pounds for agger (i believe) plus adam johnson on loan for a full year. kinda sad that soccer is over pricing players :smh:
this is becoming ridiculous

I really dont know exactly why. No i doubt he wont leave, for mexico in order to move up the ranks and at least go on to the 5th game they desperately want in the world cup they need consistency. and dont remind me of that final :smh: stupid Santos lost in penalties. i was :frown:
i couldnt believe it as well, they had it!! twice to score the winning penalty but vuoso and morales had to miss :frown:
On the case of Castillo, he got injured and he's ready for this weekend. He wasn't ready for the 2010 world cup because his parents both passed in away in a time period of six months and he was going through a divorce. Mentally he's ready but he's gained some weight since the last time he played for mexico in 2007. I hope he gets things together, he seemed like mexico's savior back when he was in form

Tell me about it, :x copa america

Tell me about it, :x copa america
the goal against brazil though was :nthat:

Both Udinese (Italy) and Granada (Spain) are interested in signing Mexican right midfielder Aquino, reports ESPNDeportes

Both Udinese (Italy) and Granada (Spain) are interested in signing Mexican right midfielder Aquino, reports ESPNDeportes

I call BS especially if it comes from John Sutcliffe. I can see it happening though, now with Barrera playing in the right wing with Cruz Azul. If its true i dont see why Cruz Azul would want to hold on to him. Hope a few other players from this olympic team get signed to Europe clubs this season too.

Nery Castillo is a bum. Me personally I dislike him. Dont see why everybody else still hopes to see a comeback from him. 5 years and only managed to score 8 goals :smh:. Yes his parents passed and was going through a divorce but how did he not manage to even have a good season in the MLS. I'd rather have the u-23 players like Pulido, Fabian, Aquino to be called up for Mexico than him.

Last edited:

I call BS especially if it comes from John Sutcliffe. I can see it happening though, now with Barrera playing in the right wing with Cruz Azul. If its true i dont see why Cruz Azul would want to hold on to him. Hope a few other players from this olympic team get signed to Europe clubs this season too.

Nery Castillo is a bum. Me personally I dislike him. Dont see why everybody else still hopes to see a comeback from him. 5 years and only managed to score 8 goals :smh:. Yes his parents passed and was going through a divorce but how did he not manage to even have a good season in the MLS. I'd rather have the u-23 players like Pulido, Fabian, Aquino to be called up for Mexico than him.
:rofl: Sutcliffe didnt say this news, but hey most of the time he gets everything right. Mexico has a list of many great players they're are a lot who dont get called up and deserve it like Palos the keeper from Tigres, Candido from Santos Laguna, Ivan Estrada from Santos Laguna, Viniegra from tigres, Michel from Chivas, the list goes on. Im certain tho that Oribe will bench Chicharito :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom