The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Why? When
Lewandowski is available (even if it is for next season)
Isco is available
Moutinho was never really chased properly
Teams like Newcastle's are picking up Left Back's that have played in Europe for years for 6-10m, who are young and have some experience (Anita).
Sahin could have been bought, if SAF was aggressive enough.
Llorente is waving a giant "come and get me flag", and he'll cost less.
SAF is seriously expecting RVP to have a repeat of last season?

I agree that I don't think RVP the right option but going through your list:

Lewandowski - Similar to Berbatov a gamble that never worked
Isco - Would love Isco at United but he has signed Kagawa for that role
Moutinho - Would be the one I would be chasing personally if i was him
Newcastle can gamble a bit more as there is not the level of expectation at that club as at United (still think Fabio should of been kept as back up)
Sahin - I agree, still dont know why Fergie hasnt even looked at taking a Year loan for him to phas out Giggs \ Scholes slowly

If the problem is 'VALUE' and money then damn someone like Lassana Diarra could be looked at :smh:

I agree that I don't think RVP the right option but going through your list:
Lewandowski - Similar to Berbatov a gamble that never worked
Isco - Would love Isco at United but he has signed Kagawa for that role
Moutinho - Would be the one I would be chasing personally if i was him
Newcastle can gamble a bit more as there is not the level of expectation at that club as at United (still think Fabio should of been kept as back up)
Sahin - I agree, still dont know why Fergie hasnt even looked at taking a Year loan for him to phas out Giggs \ Scholes slowly
If the problem is 'VALUE' and money then damn someone like Lassana Diarra could be looked at :smh:

I'm saying though... :smh:

He has some good years in him.

Last edited:
What I'd like to see from Arsenal

Out:
Alex Song to Barcelona
RVP to Man Utd (prefer Juventus :rolleyes)
Theo Walcott to Inter/Liverpool/Chelsea
Nicklas Bendtner
Andrei Arshavin
Park Chu-Young
Chamakh (loan)
Francis Coquelin (loan)

In:
Nuri Sahin
Yann M'Vila
Clint Dempsey
Robert Lewandowski

I agree with all of the ones you have leaving, except maybe Song, but if the price is right then no problem.....and I think maybe 2/4 of those you'd want in will happen; Sahin is really possible and M'Vila as well since Arsene loves him some french players...I don't think Dortmund will sell Lewandowski since he's their only real striker right now, and I actually think Dempsey woudl do well there in the withdrawn forward role but he's too old for Arsene to take a chance on (and somewhat of a bias against his relative worth since he's American)

I agree with all of the ones you have leaving, except maybe Song, but if the price is right then no problem.....and I think maybe 2/4 of those you'd want in will happen; Sahin is really possible and M'Vila as well since Arsene loves him some french players...I don't think Dortmund will sell Lewandowski since he's their only real striker right now, and I actually think Dempsey woudl do well there in the withdrawn forward role but he's too old for Arsene to take a chance on (and somewhat of a bias against his relative worth since he's American)

Last I hear Dempsey is basically at Liverpool.

^^ I hope so for his sake, they'd have a pretty nice squad with him, Suarez, and Stevie G on attack...I just don't think they're good enough to get the 4th CL spot

^^ I hope so for his sake, they'd have a pretty nice squad with him, Suarez, and Stevie G on attack...I just don't think they're good enough to get the 4th CL spot

Talk of Walcott joining too (take that with salt)

Could be an interesting summer.

They also are pushing for Tello and Sahin.

But let's see what happens...

Szczesny

Sagna - Metesacker - Vermaelen - Koscienly

Sahin - M'Vila or Santi Carzola - Arteta

Lewandowski - Giroud

Podolski​

Bench
Ox
Demps
Gervihno
Diaby
Fabianski

:x

Last edited:
Szczesny
Sahin - M'Vila - Santi Carzola - Arteta
Lewandowski - Giroud
Podolski​
Bench
Ox
Demps
Gervihno
Diaby
Fabianski

:lol: you think Dempsey would sign to Arsenal to start on the bench?

That dude wants and DESERVES full 90's.

Lewandowski is notoriously selfish (read Shinji's commentary about him), so you think he's going to feed Podolski?
Not sure but last I checked, Carzola and Arteta should be switched around. And Sahin is better off where you put Lewandowski (who shouldn't even be there).

Szczesny
Lewandowski - Giroud
Podolski​

What is this, I don't even...

:rofl:

As for Demps, he's an automatic starter at Fulham, but won't be at Liverpool or Arsenal. Sahin's best position is the passer role in a midfield three; needs someone next to him to do the legwork. Xabi Alonso is a near enough comp.

Last edited:
You guys keep forgetting about Walcott, they're saying he might sign a new contract and stay with arsenal

Szczesny
Lewandowski - Giroud
Podolski​

What is this, I don't even...

:rofl:

As for Demps, he's an automatic starter at Fulham, but won't be at Liverpool or Arsenal. Sahin's best position is the passer role in a midfield three; needs someone next to him to do the legwork. Xabi Alonso is a near enough comp.

wait....I knew something wasn't right......Gunners would be viscious if they were allowed to play the 4-4-2-1 :lol:

It's official!! Luka Modric to Madrid for 22.5£ million pounds
At least that's what sky sports says that Marca (spanish newspaper) is saying

Oliver Kay from the Times is reporting Sahin to Liverpool will be announced later tonight or tomorrow morning. I hope this rumor is true.

Liverpool also still going after Tello, Dempsey and Walcott ( :smh: ).

Oliver Kay from the Times is reporting Sahin to Liverpool will be announced later tonight or tomorrow morning. I hope this rumor is true.

Marca reported that Sahin wants to go to Arsenal but Mou want's him to go to Liverpool since he knows Rodgers.
Is Marca typically reliable or not? I thought it was interesting that they referred to him as Mou.

Marca reported that Sahin wants to go to Arsenal but Mou want's him to go to Liverpool since he knows Rodgers.
Is Marca typically reliable or not? I thought it was interesting that they referred to him as Mou.
I messed around and believed one of their rumors a while back too. They aren't reliable. An ITK that has been right about all of Liverpool's transfer's said it's a done deal. I believe him before I believe any newspaper. I still won't be happy until it's an absolute done deal though. The Gylfi Sigurdsson saga threw me for a loop.

Yes they are reliable, Alonso has also tipped Sahin to go to Liverpool

:lol: you think Dempsey would sign to Arsenal to start on the bench?
That dude wants and DESERVES full 90's.
Lewandowski is notoriously selfish (read Shinji's commentary about him), so you think he's going to feed Podolski?
Not sure but last I checked, Carzola and Arteta should be switched around. And Sahin is better off where you put Lewandowski (who shouldn't even be there).
Dempsey said he wants to play CL.

You think he can start for :
Man City
Man Utd
Arsenal
Chelsea

He can't have his cake and eat it too

**** outta here

And you want him to reunite with Shinji at Utd?

Last edited:
I messed around and believed one of their rumors a while back too. They aren't reliable. An ITK that has been right about all of Liverpool's transfer's said it's a done deal. I believe him before I believe any newspaper. I still won't be happy until it's an absolute done deal though. The Gylfi Sigurdsson saga threw me for a loop.

I want to blame Mou :smh:
The Gunners still need a CM.
Wilshere, not sure when he'll be back.
Diaby...well you know

I want to blame Mou :smh:
The Gunners still need a CM.
Wilshere, not sure when he'll be back.
Diaby...well you know
They also need a keeper, someone who can assure you that no mistakes will ever happen

That's certainly some squad
Try http://lineupbuilder.com/
:lol:
2ujqzk4.png

Szczęsny*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom