The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

way too much epl love in here........ league is trash!
It's better than the Real Madrid Barcelona league
And it's better than the convalescent home league of Italy :lol:
Plus England is where all the money is at and there's much more excitement

Man City
Man Utd
Arsenal
Chelsea
Tottenham
Newcastle
Everton
(Potentially Liverpool)

>

El Classico Liga

Last edited:

if you say so
nothing more exciting that long ball play!!

Italian, German, Brazilian and Argentine league are much more exciting than the Spanish and English leagues

:lol: you think Dempsey would sign to Arsenal to start on the bench?
That dude wants and DESERVES full 90's.
Lewandowski is notoriously selfish (read Shinji's commentary about him), so you think he's going to feed Podolski?
Not sure but last I checked, Carzola and Arteta should be switched around. And Sahin is better off where you put Lewandowski (who shouldn't even be there).
Dempsey said he wants to play CL.

You think he can start for :
Man City
Man Utd
Arsenal
Chelsea

He can't have his cake and eat it too

**** outta here

And you want him to reunite with Shinji at Utd?

Clint has had to prove his worth every time Fulham has had a new manager, he'd force his way onto the field for Liverpool or Arsenal in more than 80% of the starts...his production has been better than Stevie G over the last 4-5 years with a lot less talent around him

if you say so
nothing more exciting that long ball play!!

Italian, German, Brazilian and Argentine league are much more exciting than the Spanish and English leagues
But honestly bruh it depends on the style of soccer you like, I like watching EPL, German league, Mexican league and sometimes the Spanish league
But nothing beats the champions league. And Italy does have those sick long ball plays, especially with Pirlo, and when Ibra was there he'd give those long balls to cassano or boateng

So do you guys think the rivalry between USA and Mexico isn't just because usa has grown as a team but also because we literally hate each other since way back in the days?
I remember I use to say 'we should resolve the immigration problems with a game between Mexico and USA, if USA would win they'd stop immigration and if Mexico would win then they were allowed to migrate into the US'
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
So do you guys think the rivalry between USA and Mexico isn't just because usa has grown as a team but also because we literally hate each other since way back in the days?
I remember I use to say 'we should resolve the immigration problems with a game between Mexico and USA, if USA would win they'd stop immigration and if Mexico would win then they were allowed to migrate into the US'
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: but yea, honestly there's a lot of external political reasons for it too...with all the immigration crap and the idiots here who go overboard with xenophobia..plus the Hispanic pop. has been growing and growing, especially the Mexican community and there's dual nationals who could play for both teams like Castillo, Jose Torres, Herc Gomez, and even Ponce on the Mex. Olympic team, plus a lot more.

And the USA is getting stronger too, which helps...I think it's a good thing tho and it helps both countries' teams...USA had the edge back in 02 an a few yrs afterwards and now Mexico has the upper hand, excited for the game tonight though even if its not complete A teams

way too much epl love in here........

True. What do you think of Insigne? Looks a class player. Like the depth Napoli have added to the backline/midfield as well. Where do you think they finish? I don't think they land a CL place, but top 5 seems definite.

Most Americans DGAF about soccer

Thats ESPNs fault, they portray it as a foreign game and when they do have the opportunity to shed some good publicity for the sport they blow it with cheezy commentators like Harkes and Lalas and embarassing puff pieces, also they try to make it only about Messi, Ronaldo and the EPL which they have marketing ties to.

True. What do you think of Insigne? Looks a class player. Like the depth Napoli have added to the backline/midfield as well. Where do you think they finish? I don't think they land a CL place, but top 5 seems definite.

Damn, you just brought up a phenomenal talent, (me being a die hard Napoli supporter aside) He just played in an Italy -holland under 23 match and scored in the first minute. He will be much better than Lavezzi and prove it to everyone real soon!

How will we finish? depends on the remaining transfer market if it's true we get Alvaro Pereira, and maybe G Rossi in Jan, with a top defender we won't only be in the hunt for CL but will battle for the scudetto, especially due to our limited calendar, since we will be fielding a youth team to compete in EL, all of our energy will be focused on the scudetto race!

Last edited:
  • Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has beaten neighbours City to the signature of Chilean striker Angelo Henriquez, 18. - Daily Mirror
  • Arsenal are set to allow Robin van Persie, 29, to join Manchester United in a £22m deal. - the Sun
  • But other reports suggest Arsenal want at least £25m from Manchester United for Van Persie. - Evening Standard
  • Barcelona vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu flew to London on Tuesday to try to agree a £15m deal for 24-year-old Arsenal midfielder Alex Song. -The Independent
  • Blackburn have enquired about the availability of Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh, 28, on a six-month loan deal. - Lancashire Telegraph
  • Real Madrid have made a final £25m offer for Tottenham midfielder Luka Modric, and have told the north London side they will not return with a bigger offer if it is rejected. - Daily Star
  • The La Liga giants have turned to Fulham midfielder Moussa Dembele as an alternative target, and the 25-year-old says his agent has been contacted by them. - Guardian
  • Bolton striker David Ngog, 23, is a reported target for Fulham. - Bolton News
  • Croatia coach Igor Stimac is annoyed with Tottenham for not playing Luka Modric ahead of his possible transfer to Real. Stimac wants Modric to play in Croatia's friendly against Switzerland but is worried he may be lacking match fitness. - Evening Standard
  • Chelsea and Manchester City are on alert after Porto striker Hulk, 26, admitted he is ready to leave the Portuguese club. - talkSPORT
  • Manchester City are considering adding more English talent to their ranks after recruiting Jack Rodwell, with Scott Sinclair, Jack Butland and Nathan Redmond being monitored by the Premier League champions. - Daily Mail
  • Vurnon Anita, 23, wants a face-to-face meeting with Newcastle manager Alan Pardew before deciding to quit Ajax for the Magpies. - Newcastle Chronicle
  • Lyon chairman Jean-Michel Aulas says he has rejected a bid from Spurs for 25-year-old France goalkeeper Hugo Lloris. - the Sun
  • Liverpool have sent managing director Ian Ayre to Spain to secure deals for Barcelona winger Cristian Tello, 21, and Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin, 23. - Metro
  • Everton are set to use some of the funds from the sale of Jack Rodwell, 21, to Manchester City by signing Kevin Mirallas, 24, from Olympiacos for £6m. - The Times (subscription required)
  • Manager David Moyes is also interested in bringing 21-year-old Blackpool winger Matt Phillips to Goodison Park. - Liverpool Echo
  • Wolves manager Stale Solbakken says he has agreed to let 29-year-old midfielder Nenad Milijas find a new team. - Birmingham Mail

Damn, you just brought up a phenomenal talent, (me being a die hard Napoli supporter aside) He just played in an Italy -holland under 23 match and scored in the first minute. He will be much better than Lavezzi and prove it to everyone real soon!
How will we finish? depends on the remaining transfer market if it's true we get Alvaro Pereira, and maybe G Rossi in Jan, with a top defender we won't only be in the hunt for CL but will battle for the scudetto, especially due to our limited calendar, since we will be fielding a youth team to compete in EL, all of our energy will be focused on the scudetto race!

Yeah, I haven't seen much at all of him aside from youtube stuff, but he has some amazing skill, and I know he was the main reason Pescara came up. You're not the only Italian I've heard saying he'll more than adequately replace Lavezzi as word is he has world class talent, so I'm looking forward to watching. I can def see them fighting for that top three if everything breaks right. Right now I've got Inter, Milan, and Juve. Boring, I know. :lol:

Looking forward to watching Roma too. Lamela, Bojan, and Destro should make for some exciting football. Hoping Michael Bradley can fight for that starting spot. He and DDR would make for a really strong and combative midfield.

Sidenote: The Messiah is in action in 15 minutes. Argentina-Germany on ESPN3.

Last edited:
Most Americans DGAF about soccer

Thats ESPNs fault, they portray it as a foreign game and when they do have the opportunity to shed some good publicity for the sport they blow it with cheezy commentators like Harkes and Lalas and embarassing puff pieces, also they try to make it only about Messi, Ronaldo and the EPL which they have marketing ties to.

ESPN is having a daily show, I believe an hour long dedicated to just footy. I believe it starts next week. It's a step.
Ligue 1 is getting more exposure.
Bein Sports is launching this weekend, check it see if your cable provider has the channel.

Is M'Baye Niang still rumored to be heading to Italy?

Yeah, I haven't seen much at all of him aside from youtube stuff, but he has some amazing skill, and I know he was the main reason Pescara came up. You're not the only Italian I've heard saying he'll more than adequately replace Lavezzi as word is he has world class talent, so I'm looking forward to watching. I can def see them fighting for that top three if everything breaks right. Right now I've got Inter, Milan, and Juve. Boring, I know. :lol:
Looking forward to watching Roma too. Lamela, Bojan, and Destro should make for some exciting football. Hoping Michael Bradley can fight for that starting spot. He and DDR would make for a really strong and combative midfield.

If your up on Roma you know they've signed Zeman as their coach, one of the most brilliant offensive minded coaches ever - led Pescara up from B last year, known for having 4+ goal games no emphasis at all on defense just all out attack, he really gets the best out of young players.

Bradley is class, I don't think he'll have any issues holding down a starting role, he's going to learn a lot from De Rossi too

Inter is crap and Juve are thieves, it should be a good year!

@bbcsport_david BREAKING: Man Utd agree £24m deal to sign Robin van Persie from Arsenal. 4-yr deal, terms & medical in next 48 hours #bbcfootball #afc #mufc

It's on Arsenal.com too

Last edited:
ESPN is having a daily show, I believe an hour long dedicated to just footy. I believe it starts next week. It's a step.
Ligue 1 is getting more exposure.
Bein Sports is launching this weekend, check it see if your cable provider has the channel.
Is M'Baye Niang still rumored to be heading to Italy?

I hope that show does the world justice, not just be a 1 hr commercial for the premier league. Who will host it?
Niang should be coming over, but knowing the way Milan like to do things it should happen during the final minutes of the transfer window to get the best deal.

@bbcsport_david BREAKING: Man Utd agree £24m deal to sign Robin van Persie from Arsenal. 4-yr deal, terms & medical in next 48 hours #bbcfootball #afc #mufc

It's on Arsenal.com too

Honestly that's the smart business move...rvp is never gonna have that year again and he's only gonna decline in value. Other arsenal fans are gonna be pissed but you have to sell when someone offers you a great price for a player with 1yr left and is about to hit 30 and is injury prone...the club will be better for it in the long run, just sucks it had to be united but oh well. Chicarito and welbeck are gonna be riding the pine until rvp gets hurt again but best of luck to him he was a monster last year

Oh and Bayern got Javi Martinez from Bilbao for 40mill :wow:, that's a nice pick up for them but Bilbao got PAID

Last edited:
He's dead to me. I'm so pissed off I cant type out any thoughts on this deal right now....**** you RVP.

He makes Nasri look like a saint.

Back
Top Bottom