The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Still kind of upset my madrid lost today, would have been nice to win away. La liga just doesnt do it for my outside of real - barca , BPL is where its at, going to be a great season go blues or should i say go hazard :lol:

Navas is over the anxiety issues he did have, That is why he is now playing for the Spain NT team - Although don't think he would leave Spain fulltime though

Chelsea wrapping up their summer business now. Cesar A. from Marseille is in.

Just need to clear out Benayoun, Malouda, et al in the next week now.

Chelsea wrapping up their summer business now. Cesar A. from Marseille is in.
Just need to clear out Benayoun, Malouda, et al in the next week now.

Malouda is still on Chelseas books? i thought he was long gone...

• Barcelona will test Chelsea's resolve with a £30m offer for 25-year-old defender David Luiz before the transfer window closes on 31 August. - the Times (subscription required)
  • Manchester City still hope to sign Athletic Bilbao midfielder Javi Martinez after Bayern sporting director Matthias Sammer admitted their deal for the 23-year-old was "nowhere near being completed". - Manchester Evening News
  • Tottenham are open to offers for 29-year-old midfielder Rafael Van der Vaart and are still keen to sign 25-year-old Porto midfielder Joao Moutinho. - Evening Standard
  • Tottenham look set to rival Manchester United for Fulham midfielder Moussa Dembele, 25, with Andre Villas-Boas prepared to trigger a £15m release fee for the midfielder. - talkSPORT
  • QPR are believed to have entered talks to sign Inter Milan's Brazil international goalkeeper Julio Cesar, 32. - Daily Telegraph
  • Swansea City boss Michael Laudrup is hopeful of completing the signing of Celtic midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng, 23, this week and bringing in Pablo Hernandez from Valencia. - Goal.com
  • West Brom and Everton are battling it out to sign FC Copenhagen left-back Bryan Oviedo, 22. - Daily Mail
  • Tottenham are working hard to bring in Shakhtar Donetsk attacking midfielder Willian, 24, but no longer want Internacional striker Leandro Damiao, 23. - the Guardian
  • West Brom have made a move to sign Blackburn defender Martin Olsson, 24, as left-sided defensive cover. - Birmingham Mail
  • Southampton manager Nigel Adkins aims to bolster his defensive options with the £2m signing of 23-year-old Japan captain Maya Yoshida. - the Sun

Swansea have confirmed the signing of South Korean midfielder Ki Sung-Yeung from Celtic - ESPN FC

Last edited:
Third Chelsea kit

Last edited:
Couple Thoughts:

- I wouldn't be shocked if Jesus Navas finished out his football career for Sevilla. It's not just the anxiety issues (cue Royce White) but also an extreme case of homesickness. It's highly unlikely Navas leaves Spain for the Premier League, ever.

- RDM and the Chelsea board must have loved what they saw from Moses in the season opener. Lots of creativity and dangerous balls in wide-play for Wigan against Chelsea last weekend.

- Supercopa: Alexis doesn't fail to cement his recent reputation for diving. As a Madridista, I'm actually content with the result. Two valuable away goals despite horrible play and no influence on the style of the match. Barca controlled tempo, possession, and all the significant build-up play. The Di Maria goal was a lucky break heading into the home-leg on Wednesday. We'll have to play a lot better to secure the Supercopa on aggregate. I could realistically see a 2-1 result in our favor, only if we improve. Marcelo in for Coentrao, Pepe in for Albiol (if he's fit), and Di Maria in for Callejon. I'm okay with Benz up top, Pipa off the bench. Not opposed to playing Coentrao out-of-position at RB just to keep him on the pitch and see Arbeloa off.

Dortmund won 2-1 at home against W. Bremen in the opening game of the season...Reus and Gotze got the goals for the champions...

she should play the wing, give the attack some width. it was getting congested in the middle last game

Ok good to know, it was, hopefully we can get some goals off of crosses

Question, Do you guys watch all the BPL games they show on the weekend or only your teams?

Last edited:
Ok good to know, it was, hopefully we can get some goals off of crosses
Question, Do you guys watch all the BPL games they show on the weekend or only your teams?

BPL?

I'm assuming that's for "British" Premier League?

If so, I watch approximately 4-5 games per weekend. Not just for fantasy reasons lol

I really enjoy watching 4 or so clubs even though I'm a fan of United.

If it were up to me Moses would play striker with Mata behind him and Ramires and Hazard on the wings. Unfortunately its not up to me so Torres will be unchallenged at the striker position for the forseeable future. :rolleyes

Really interested to see how Oscar and Marin figure into this as well.

Back
Top Bottom