The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

If you can't watch as many games as you wish, download match of the day. It's a BBC program that offers highlights, interviews and commentary on league matches.

AZwildcats: Moses is most comfortable as a left winger or support (second) striker, in a CF capacity. He's not a natural lead striker or center-man. I know Torres was been horrid in his time at Stamford Bridge, but I predict a solid campaign for the out-of-form Spaniard. Something like 15 goals would take one step in satisfying thirsty Chelsea fans, understandable given his exorbitant transfer fee and wage package. His biggest problem is lack of pace to beat the last defender since the injury bug hit.

Borussia Dortmund: Klopp's squad should do well to challenge Bayern Munich for the Bundesliga title. An in-form Gotze will be a nightmare for German sides, Kagawa will slowly be forgotten. Reus is a young star in the making along with Schurrle from Bayer Leverkusen. Speaking of young German starlets, I also like the potential for Holtby, Draxler, and Stegen (MAS).

Madrid: In two competitive matches thus far, I'm not entirely liking what I'm seeing. Not even close to enough service or touches on the ball for Cristiano Ronaldo. We really need to get him more involved early in the return-leg at the Bernabeu. It's a waste to not utilize a top-2 world footballer to the utmost potential and capacity.

I watch my team first( MAN UTD), our biggest threats of the season( Looking like Chelski, and City). But once relegation threats get serious those go to the top of the list, I love relegation games(Moment of reflection on Blackburn rovers...).

If it were up to me Moses would play striker with Mata behind him and Ramires and Hazard on the wings. Unfortunately its not up to me so Torres will be unchallenged at the striker position for the forseeable future. :rolleyes
Really interested to see how Oscar and Marin figure into this as well.

Moses isn't a natural striker. He'll be a right winger since that's where he normally plays and we're already loaded with left wingers.

IF we don't sign another striker it'll be Sturridge and Torres alternating. My guess is we'd call Lukaku back from loan if either of them got injured.

Also...Ramires is terrible as a right winger. If you hadn't noticed he goes invisible when he plays on the wing. He's far more effective when he's playing deeper as the right midfielder in a 4-3-3 so he can make those long runs he normally does.

Unfortunately Ramires is best in the 4-3-3 but RDM prefers the 4-2-3-1 formation.

RDM's preferred lineup will probably be:

Torres
Hazard-Mata-Moses/Ramires
Mikel-Lampard/Oscar
Cole-Terry-Luiz-Ivanovic

^ RDM could/will start Azpilicueta at RB when pace is required, probably the only thing Ivanovic lacks as an unnatural RB. Ivanovic has been on a goal-scoring tear as of late, even better than Torres. :lol: Bagging five goals in his last seven matches, I believe. Grown into quite the complete footballer. Surprised he turned away Madrid's summer attempts to sign him, would have started immediately over Arbeloa.

I suppose a Chelsea supporter's dream conclusion to the summer window would be a Cavani, Falcao, or Llorente-type striker to challenge Torres in the starting XI.

Mo Edu set to join Geoff Cameron at Stoke City 
pimp.gif

Ipswich Town came in with an offer, good to see he'll get a chance in the top flight

Originally Posted by ItzJono  

Question, Do you guys watch all the BPL games they show on the weekend or only your teams?

usually about 5-6...ESPN2 has one Saturday morning game, FSC shows two live on Saturday and then two replays plus the Sunday morning game

Last edited:
Ready for United/Fulham and Chelsea/Newcastle. Let's see if Pardew goes ultra-attacking again with Cisse, Ba, and Ben Arfa on the pitch at the same time. You'd have to believe after Ben Arfa's man of the match performance last weekend against Spurs, he must be included in the starting XI.

I do enjoy a Swansea match. They usually show well against the big sides and they make crap sides like West Ham look foolish. Love Dyer's game.

*Hops on Swansea bandwagon*

I love their style of play. My favorite team to watch so far

nerd.gif

Hmmm.

De Gea; Rafael, Carrick, Vidic, Evra; Valencia, Cleverley, Anderson, Kagawa, Young; Van Persie

I don't remember the last time Rooney didn't start. He used to be my captain in fantasy cause of guaranteed 90s.

But I'm glad Rooney is benched. He looked terrible everton.

Back
Top Bottom