The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Here's my predictions on the Champions League groups:

Group A: Porto and PSG have advance to the round of 16. I haven't watched any of PSG matches from the regular season, aside from their season opener against Lorient, so I have no idea how they've gelled together after that match, but they didn't gel that well together in that match, plus they were playing without Thiago Silva, who's presence on defense can make a big difference, either way they should be able advance in that group.

Group B: Arsenal and Schalke should be advancing here.

Group C: Milan and Málaga who despite all the loses in the transfer window, still have played pretty will in the first 2 weeks of the regular season.

Group D: This is probably the toughest group. I'm torn on who will advance between Real, City and Dortmund. I'm saying Real and City advance and Dortmund goes to the Europa League.

Group E: Chelsea and Juventus advance here.

Group F: Bayern and Valencia advance here.

Group G: Barca and Benfica advance here.

Group H: United and Galatasaray advance here.

Last edited:
  • Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko, 26, has emerged as a shock transfer target for Arsenal, as a potential makeweight in a deal taking 23-year-old forward Theo Walcott the other way. - The Metro
  • Porto have turned down a £39.5m bid from Zenit St Petersburg for Hulk. The 26-year-old striker and winger is also a target for Chelsea. - talkSPORT
  • West Ham will launch a final attempt to sign Liverpool striker Andy Carroll, 23, before the window closes. This would allow the Reds to move for Walcott. - Daily Mail
  • Carroll is set to be left out of Liverpool's Europa League match with Hearts, further fueling speculation he will leave the club. - Daily Mirror
  • Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers wants Carroll to admit his Anfield career is over as he looks to bring in cash to buy Clint Dempsey, 29, and Walcott. - The Times (subscription required)
  • Liverpool want to sign Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente, 27, if they can sell Carroll before Friday's transfer deadline. - the Sun
  • Hamburg say they will do "all they can" to complete the signing of Tottenham midfielder Rafael van der Vaart, 29, before the window closes. - Metro
  • Tottenham and Chelsea are locked in a £15m battle for France and Marseille striker Loic Remy, 25. - Daily Express
  • Manchester City will step up their interest in Inter's 31-year-old defender Maicon before the window closes. - The Guardian
  • Fulham have failed in a bid to sign 25-year-old midfielder Mark Noble from West Ham, as they look for a replacement for Mousa Dembele who has joined Tottenham. - Goal.com
  • Manchester City have made a formal £6.2m bid for Swansea's 23-year-old winger Scott Sinclair. - Daily Mail
  • Meanwhile, Swansea have agreed a record £5.5m deal for Valencia winger Pablo Hernandez, 27, as a possible replacement for Sinclair. - Daily Mirror
  • Swansea have had a new £5.1m bid for Valencia winger Pablo Hernandez, 27, rejected according to other reports. - the Sun
  • Malaga are set to beat Real Betis to the signature of 31-year-old Manchester City striker Roque Santa Cruz, according to reports in Spain. - talkSPORT

Iniesta with the award! He deserves it. Ronaldo straight looked mad the whole time like he knew he was not Gona win it. Group D though dang that's tough. I think city will flop and borussia come in hungry. I think real and borussia advance. Nonetheless, will be looking forward to seeing them play 8) oh and i hope I get to see a Real Madrid vs Man U

Last edited:

Messi :rofl:

I can see City not going through group stages, again. :lol:

We got a good draw though, Schalke will be the toughest opponent.

We start off in France, Giroud returns...go figure. 8)

The Berbatov story. What Italian reports say happened today:
The Italian media can't stop talking about the Dimitar Berbatov story. Many say it's something they have never seen before (and that's saying a lot considering Italian calcio is the top place for strange controversies and occurrences). So after compiling lots of Italian media stories together, apparently this is what happened today:
Berbatov decides he will sign for Fiorentina. The Viola agree a deal with Manchester United and an oral agreement with the player. Fiorentina pay for a flight for Berbatov and his agent from Manchester to Florence (with stopover in Munich) to have a medical in Florence and sign for the club. While stopped in Munich waiting for the connecting flight, Berbatov's agent gets calls from intermediaries talking about a possible interest from Juventus. Fiorentina director Macia and Viola fans are then waiting for Berbatov's arrival at the Florence airport. Sporting Director Daniele Prade' is waiting at the office with the contract and has opened the medical clinic for Berbatov's medical exam. Berbatov never shows up at the Florence airport. He decides to refuse Fiorentina.
Juventus, after hearing of his refusal, decide to make an offer, which Berbatov and Manchester United accept. Berbatov then gets a call from old boss Martin Jol, who convinces him to come back to England and join Fulham, leaving Juventus high and dry.
Moral of the story: Fiorentina, next time pay for a direct flight.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

United's group :smokin

"Bryan Swanson ‏@skysports_bryan
Official - West Ham sign Andy Carroll on season-long loan from Liverpool."

0,,12562~11174019,00.jpg

Last edited:
DEAD at PSV beating zeta 14-0 over both legs

Good lord :rofl: :rofl: Amateur teams might've done better

Looks like Jozy's Europa run is over AZ is getting handled, Boyd and Rapid are doing well though up 3-2 on aggregate against PAOK and he scored a goal :smokin

Gatt and Diskerud are the other young Americans to advance :smokin

Liverpool :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 1-1 aggregate Reina with a terrible gaffe :rofl:

Hearts are so brutal but Liverpool got it back with Suarez...Hearts tried to be Barcelona and were feeling themselves :lol: and Suarez capitalized on the lack of defenders back 2-1 Pool

Last edited:
Can't wait to see what last minute business Arsenal does...
Juventus confirm Nicklas Bendtner has arrived in Italy and will have a medical tomorrow. Will join on-loan with view to £5m deal.
Word is that that Wenger has been looking into Essien and want him on loan...I hope not
Biglia, M'Vila or Capoue rumors would be better :lol:

Last edited:
Rumor is Essien is being looked at as a possible loanee.

Arsenal are taking interest into Dempsey wanting a UCL club...he wouldn't be bad at all. :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom