---The "Unbiased" ZKIII Review---

6-2 SG. 155 lbs. GRCC #21

For starters, the ZKIII is not as ugly as I thought. I recently copped on the employee appreciation, and I'm glad I took advantage of the deal. This isan unbiased review!!! I have hooped in these twice. Full p/u games to 15...about 10 games so far. Here's my review.

Comfort 9/10
The inner bootie feels really good. This shoe is great to hoop in, and my feet were stable in the shoe (no movement within). Although I couldn't reallyfeel the "responsiveness" of the full length Zoom Air unit. I think you need to put a few miles on this shoe to actually feel the ZA. For thisreason, I gave it a 9/10

Ankle Support 10/10
Coming from recently hooping in the Foamposite 1's (Dr. Doom's), which had NO ankle support at all, I felt that the ZKIII's offered great support. I had sprained my ankle a week ago in the Dooms, and I needed some good ankle support to stabilize my ankle...and the ZKIII did just that. The thin tonguealso helps in my opinion. Don't ask me how, but I like the thin tongue!......no h0m0

Traction 8.5/10
Personally, I like to hear the "squeeky" sounds from the sole of the shoe when I'm on the court. Like the sound of a Pro-Model sole or the soleof the XI's. Although the ZKIII does not "squeek", it offers a different type of traction. Don't get me wrong, you're not going to besliding around the court and you won't break your leg when you come to a complete stop, but just know that you won't hear the squeek when you stopquickly. I played at my old high school, and its a new gym with great floors (springboard)...I occasionaly had to wipe the dust off the bottom of the sole,but that is common with almost every shoe. I wasn't impressed with the traction, but it is workable...8.5/10

Flexibility 10/10
These feel great on my feet, and they are not stiff at all! Even when you first try them on, there is no stiffness present...meaning that a "break inphase" is unnecessary. 10/10 for me.

Overall Performance 9/10
Usually you have to break a shoe in to get that perfect feel on your foot. I know this because this Foamposite 1's KILLED my feet the first time playingin them. However, with the ZKIII, theres not really a "break in phase". I just laced them up, went on the court and went to work on cats. I alsonoticed that it is really hard to sprain your ankle in these, because of the extension on the outer forefoot part of the sole, and the great ankle support atthe top of the shoe. I am impressed with the ZKIII because the ZK2's killed my toes because my foot would slide around in them, however there was nosliding while playing in the ZKIII. The only downfall is the traction for me personally. As I said before, I like the squeeky noise.

Conclusion
I would highly reccommend this shoe for anyone who is looking for comfort and a light shoe to do work in. Higher reccommendation to a SG or SF. Im not toosure about the PG position, a PG might want to try out the Trash Talks that Steve Nash wears lol!

Any more questions? Hit me up with a message.

100% spot on. Great lining comfort with less than stellar traction and forefoot responsiveness. A good shoe, yes, but not a GREAT shoe imo as the other"review" would suggest.

^ BB2 kills them in traction and cushioning, while the Sphere lining and the outrigger are strong points of the Kobe.

Then again....BB2 is $30 less also.

Unbiased, maybe in the sense that you're not a huge Kobe or Laker fan.

But no review is unbiased.

Good stuff though, you can tell when someone knows about performance shoes. I hope you're not just reviewing these by comparing them to Foams,because I don't think foams are that great for ball, aside from the visual appeal. I liked how they felt when I tried them on, and I agree, they are readyto go right out of the box. I felt the responsiveness right away though, I usually do when I try on new Zoom-based shoes.

My only issues are the colorway and the price. As soon as I find a good colorway at a cheeeap price, I'm copping.

^^ im a huge kobe fan. so this review was tough because i had to humble myself as a fan, and review the shoe, not who plays in them...because we all know thatkobe is the best player in the NBA right now....

"unbiased" was a joke referring to the last review done by a Kobe finatic...he gave the kobes a perfect 10/10 in every category........and he onlywore them once!

Originally Posted by jphizz07

^^ im a huge kobe fan. so this review was tough because i had to humble myself as a fan, and review the shoe, not who plays in them...because we all know that kobe is the best player in the NBA right now....

"unbiased" was a joke referring to the last review done by a Kobe finatic...he gave the kobes a perfect 10/10 in every category........and he only wore them once!

It really seems like an honest review. Thanks for the input.
Oh and BTW how do they fit?

True to size Greg!
wink.gif

"unbiased" was a joke referring to the last review done by a Kobe finatic...he gave the kobes a perfect 10/10 in every category........and he only wore them once!

wrong! that last dude gave them an 11 in at least one category
roll.gif

edit: sorry, he didnt give them an 11 but he wanted to and asked permission.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kaczalas

^^ im a huge kobe fan. so this review was tough because i had to humble myself as a fan, and review the shoe, not who plays in them...because we all know that kobe is the best player in the NBA right now....

It really seems like an honest review. Thanks for the input.
Oh and BTW how do they fit?

I wear an 11 in all of my J's and a 10.5 in forces...I originally copped the sz 11, but it wasn't working...so I went with the 11.5 and it was coo. So go a half size up if you're planning on hooping and being comfortable in them

^Ooh, I disagree with you there.

My opinion is that sizing should never be addressed, because most of the time people prefer their own sizing, and everyone has differently shaped feet. Peoplehave to try them on. When I tried them on these things were true to size for me length-wise.

^ You're completely wrong. They're sold out at multiple outlets.

When you say stuff like that out of your butt, do you think you're right, or you do realize you're making it up?

^ I'm sorry for your job, but around my way they're hard to come by and the ZK3 thread has many people mentioning sold out stores

good to hear another positve review about these. I want to pick these up so bad. Cant wait till i start workin againg. Ill be ballin in these in no time
pimp.gif

im thinking for getting a pair of zk3s for balling but my experiences with the zk2 ( black/maize Ultimates) have been horrible, they screw up my pinky toeseverly and i dont like how they fit around the ankle. will i have the same problems with the zk3 or have these issues been resolved? i ve heard nothing butgood about the zk3 so i have high hopes. can someone give me a breef review on this ASAP? help will be appreciated

^PPPENG, i had the same problem wit the zkII...i had the black and maize joints too. i hated them so much, i sold them to my boy for 20 bucks!

I dont have the same problem with the toe in the ZKIII...i cant guarantee that it'll be the same for you, but they have been working for me so far

Im still hesitant on the traction issue.

Going through 3 pairs of 2K4's I feel as if my standards are high. The 2K4 is an ultimate shoe.

jphizz07 thanks bro, im probably gonna cop a pair now. too bad theres no white based color right now
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom