the Vans thread...

I've worn these maybe 10-12 times.

I guess I'm going to have to wear them more to see any leather change.

Are they actually veg tan material or the color used is veg tan?

Compared to my wife's LVs, it's just a cheaper leather used on the vans.

I do think they are actual vachetta leather.

I believe someone posted a well worn pair and they looked good.

I watched a video on YouTube about the difference between "Vachetta" and "Veggie" and it seemed like there were some color differences at the start and they probably wouldn't change over time like the "Vachetta", or have the "patina" look. Lol, I'm not sure. I would an glad for someone to school me.

Last edited:
I watched a video on YouTube about the difference between "Vachetta" and "Veggie" and it seemed like there were some color differences at the start and they probably wouldn't change over time like the "Vachetta", or have the "patina" look. Lol, I'm not sure. I would an glad for someone to school me.

Same properties - both patina.

The vachetta leather is a much higher grade of leather than the "veggie".

Same properties - both patina.

The vachetta leather is a much higher grade of leather than the "veggie".

Oh ok. Repped. I'm just getting in to other shoes. Mainly been into Nikes and stuff. Trying to make some changes

Last edited:
I've come to the conclusion that my veg tans aren't gonna get much age by wearing them every so often.. So I moved them to the front door and wear them every morning and night when I run out to move the car, hit the bodega, chuck the garbage, etc.. It's been about a week now and I'm looking forward to seeing that they evolve into lol

I've come to the conclusion that my veg tans aren't gonna get much age by wearing them every so often.. So I moved them to the front door and wear them every morning and night when I run out to move the car, hit the bodega, chuck the garbage, etc.. It's been about a week now and I'm looking forward to seeing that they evolve into lol

I'm taking this approach as well [emoji]128517[/emoji]

I'm taking this approach as well [emoji]128517[/emoji]
Haha nice. For years I've kept a pair of old vans by the door for this reason so figured why not the veggies. They're easy to clean and they've actually finally broken in nice to the point I can just slip them on and off now. In the beginning they were mad stiff

Back
Top Bottom