The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 41.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.7%

• Total voters

Seats were great, performance was amazing

^^^ Dope, we weren't far from each other... My seats were in D3, Row 1

Performance and sound were amazing... Belly, Nav, Rae Sremmurd and 6lack came out to perform during his set

Ashanti came out during Belly's set, was dope

This guy is an amazing performer. Went to the Newark show last night.

There were a couple surprise guests so I expect him to do the same for Barclays :smokin

I was in section D6 right by the catwalk.

Last edited:
Copped ticket to the Barclays show on Wednesday

First time seeing him live, so I'm looking fwd to it

Copped ticket to the Barclays show on Wednesday

First time seeing him live, so I'm looking fwd to it
You won't be disappointed. Son's vocals live are A1. I was gonna try to swing that show but I would have to take off work and my girl works both jobs so not even gonna try. I'll wait for Abel's next project/tour.

what time does he come on? going tonight. if the ticket says 730, im guessing hes on at 9? not really interested in openers 

Saw Abel the GOAT at Barclays last night. Show was overall great even though his set was short compared to his shows in previous years.

Mind you, I've seen Abel in concert every year since 2012 and this was definitely the shortest set I've seen him perform.

I'm sure this was due to the numerous cameos he had on stage during his set not to the mention the opening acts.

Belly brought out A-Boogie for "Drowning"

Rae Sremmurd brought out 2Chainz

Abel brought out Rae Sremmurd for Black Beetles, Belly for Might Not, A$AP Rocky for Lord Pretty Flacko Jodye 2, Nav for Some Way, Swae Lee & French for Unforgettable (crowd went nutty for French, dope moment) and Playboi Carti did Magnolia.

Also, I got the venue late but I could've swore I heard Juelz performing when I walked in.

As for Abel, he mostly performed songs from Starboy, obviously, but also a couple records from Trilogy, & BBTM.

I did notice the crowd was much more diverse than his previous shows and there were small children in the crowd.

All in all, certainly not the best Abel show I've been to. I don't think he'll ever top the first time I've seen him in 2012 or 2014 w/ SchoolBoy Q, but I still had a great time.

Went to the NJ show on Sunday bcuz I had the day off the next day + it was way cheaper ($150 for floor) and it was very lit. 4th time seeing him live. First time seeing him in an arena. Def was a totally different vibe since the Terminal 5 GOAT shows but I enjoyed it.

Easily the best part was when Travis Scott came out bcuz I don't think nobody would have thought NJ would have a special guest. The whole arena went nuts. Fun night. Debating going back to Barclays tonight honestly lol

Last edited:
Just came back from the NYC show

- Great experience -- the stage is really incredible and the intro "plane" shapeshifting got the crowd hype

- Good selection of songs and the transitions to the people he brought out were seamless

- Only gripe I had was that he didn't bring out anyone too special to close out the last NYC show -- everyone went crazy for Juelz and French

His band is way too crazy. They killed it. Weeknd looked absolutely exhausted by the end of the set :lol: Wasn't even trying to hide it.

Hope he takes note of the reaction for Wicked Games. But with the amount of love he's getting on this tour, it's hard to see him changing route. He got a standing ovation after one song that damn near made him cry.

Back
Top Bottom