The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
LMAOOOO my order already changed

Privilege would be higher if it wasn't the outro and could be longer. Def a contender on its own though

1. Call Out My Name
2. Try Me
3. Wasted Times
4. Privilege
5/6 Tie

I threw that Down Low remix at the end of this.

noah.png

Underwhelming just like most of his music has been to me in the past few years.

I see yall discussing my boy kellz in here now :pimp:
I was bumping 'I can't sleep remix' earlier :smh: don't make no sense how hard that joint is after all these years.

Wait, so are his first week sales good or bad???? I need answers because this might influence his next project's direction

I think he's really on a different wave right now. He's not even promoting how to buy the album. There's a shirt bundle and physical copies available on his site. Not a word about it anywhere unless you look yourself.

The numbers look good to me considering there was no single boosting the first week numbers and no promo before or after it dropped.

When Starboy dropped it was plastered all over the home page of Apple Music for a week. This is nowhere to be found on any type of promo unless you search for it on there :lol:.

Underwhelming just like most of his music has been to me in the past few years.

My sentiments as well upon the first few listens. If I’m realistic with myself, I could probably play it enough to where it would grow on me but the ambition isn’t really there. I always felt if he was gonna go back to the trilogy vibes it should be an organic inspiration. I can’t speak for another man’s state of mind, but what ever it was that inspired songs like wicked games and Montreal etc made you feel like what ever he was going through touched him to the core. Where as this, it feels like he picked from the current themes in his life to try and recreate the sound even if the inspiration was not necessarily there.

He set the bar too high on his first projects

Ain't nothing gonna compare to trilogy and kiss land

Which is why I was cool with the pop lane. It would be impossible to make that type of music again unless he was back in that life style. Ironically due to the money and fame he’s afforded now I don’t think he could ever recapture those moments.

I personally think this is how he felt at the moment so he put it on paper, lay the vocals and put it out for his day-oners. Hence zero promotion. This isnt meant to be a BBTM/Starboy seller. It’s just “let me get my OG fans what they want while i feel this way.” I also dont think it’s sustainable with his new fanbase so i expect him to go back to the pop vibe on the next joint.

Saying that, this is a SOLID album. I can bang with every song. I Was Never There is prob my favorite. I can envision how the video SHOULD look. Hopefully he blesses us with a reckless one for that. I’m assuming he’s dropping a vid for every track.

Thank you Selena & Bella.

I’m curious to see if this is the build up for something bigger later in the year...

Back
Top Bottom