The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
I ain’t got no business catching feelings anyway

0BE7DF80-162C-4C86-9BB3-89BF1F7D8101.gif

The way Privilege ends sounds like it starts transitioning to another song, that fuzzy static sound..hmmm

My impressions after a dozen spins is hurt you and try me are easily my favorite joints off here. They just got that perfect combination of waviness and savagery :pimp:

I’m not understanding all the Call out my Name hype, it’s basically just him screaming CALL OUT MYNAAAME over and over again on an Earned it type beat.

Also not feeling Privilege, it’s has good writing but too slow for me

And I was never there is a good song but it’s not iconic or memorable AT ALL. Like I read the name and be confused to what song that even is. Then I have to go and actually spin it and just don’t see what y’all seeing.That’s is until that beat switch then it starts to hit :pimp:

Wasted times is straight

As a whole I can’t even listen to starboy no mo. This is just on a whole nother level

In the previews there was some chick ... guess that wasn't part of the actual video. Hmm

Edit: Oh wow I see that's not the official video lmao.. I was wondering why there was lyrics

He dropped the call out my name and try me video already, it is on spotify. Both videos were good, I liked the end of the try me vid

Edit: forgot to put my input on the album, I have been spinning this non stop since it dropped. Still pure fire to me.

Abel getting a lot of criticism for not taking risks with MDM, or he's failing at recreating the Trilogy sound. Weirdly contradictory critiques seeing as how wasted times, i was never there, hurt you, and even privilege aren't really sounds we've heard from Abel.

If he does try something new, he also gets critiqued for it (BBTM and Starboy). If he tries to somewhat go back to his old sound (MDM), he's not taking enough risks.

What exactly do these critics want to see from Abel? cause I'm kinda confused here. For those who didn't like MDM, what exactly do you guys want to see from Abel?

I can only imagine a straight up re-creation of Trilogy would sound even more tired, forced, and unauthentic.

It's really just the content and the fact that he gets so much hype. When HOB came out, it was cool to like him. Some guys get a pass for that sort of content. When Weeknd does it, it's not art to them. The Kiss Land reviews were awful and indifferent.

Ofcourse I don’t like everything he puts out, but his voice, lyrics, and production is still top notch to me. Puts you in the right mood.

He kinda carved his own lane with this sound. **** was hot for almost a decade now. Maybe this dark, dirty, drug filled music is no longer the wave? Critics always have something to ***** about anyway. Can’t please everybody.

My impressions after a dozen spins is hurt you and try me are easily my favorite joints off here. They just got that perfect combination of waviness and savagery :pimp:

I’m not understanding all the Call out my Name hype, it’s basically just him screaming CALL OUT MYNAAAME over and over again on an Earned it type beat.

Also not feeling Privilege, it’s has good writing but too slow for me

And I was never there is a good song but it’s not iconic or memorable AT ALL. Like I read the name and be confused to what song that even is. Then I have to go and actually spin it and just don’t see what y’all seeing.That’s is until that beat switch then it starts to hit :pimp:

Wasted times is straight

As a whole I can’t even listen to starboy no mo. This is just on a whole nother level
Is he really just screaming out call out my name lol

If you don't like it it's cool, but I just listened to it again just in case. Not sure if we're listening to same song

Those critics probably don't get any *****

Call Out My Name & Try Me have been getting the most spins :pimp:

Haven't read any reviews and don't care to. I'm enjoying this EP 100x more than BBTM or Starboy.

agreed, **** what the critics say. Just hopefully the fans buy/stream this EP to give him the confidence to continually make this type of music.

Critics are funny. BBTM got better reviews on wiki than KissLand from all those people but KissLand is a WAAAAAYYYYYY better album.

Either way this is a great short project. Hopefully this is a sign that he's getting back to his sound.

I went back and been listening to Kiss Land... I just don’t think it’s as great as some of you are claiming.. I remember back when it dropped, and I started playing it, and I was like wtf is this, just because the TRILOGY was so incredible that Kiss Land didn’t even compare.. I honesty think it might be my least favorite from him... I’m half way through, but I don’t see that changing..

Back
Top Bottom