The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
There are certain things that I've come to understand
Expectations can kill a simple man, simple man
I try to master the art, of that far away love
Only so much can keep a woman warm
Now it's times like this that I say to myself
We've been living in a cold, cold world
But at least I have you to rely
Even if for a short time

Too real.

Man, I was living those lyrics last year as I was going through a break up last year. In fact, the show at Radio City ended up just a couple days after the break up.

It was all too real.

eyes.gif
I aint takin off my black boots..

Last edited:
I'm seriously surprised I'm alive today...

It wasn't in my plans but I HAD to go to the Saturday show after hitting that Friday show...
First off Schoolboy Q surprised me and had that joint live, dude legit made me into a fan. The vibes and party atmosphere for the show on friday was unmatchable.

When "HOB/GTG" dropped :smh: :smh: :smh: THIS IS... A HAPPY HOUSE, WERE HAPPY HERE, IN THE HAPPY HOUSE....OH THIS IS FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:... I'm willing to debate that song live in person is the GOAT.

All in all both shows were dope as hell and viewed by me as two separate entities considering Friday I thought it'd be an amazing idea to pop Mollie Mollie for the first time, lawwwwwwwd, @ICE CITY FC came through :pimp: the music was touchin' the kids soul but I couldn't look anyone in the eye for sh**. So despite the ratio of guys/women being way in our favor I was too caught up in my high.

Second night (Saturday show) just did my normal cocktail, handle bars and alcohol... Picture, What You Need transitioning into Professional and two BAD asian birds just right behind you, I damn near wanted to cry because of the man upstairs blessing the kid with this opportunity... Of course I took one of their hands and we hooked up all night with The Gawd's music in the background, at one point I touched the cat and then GONE finished and she moved my hand, I guess she fell out of the tranz that song can put one in. Good times none the less, he stayed on stage a little longer Saturday then Friday, he did an encore of Often and Wicked Games. Truthfully if he did often one more time I might've had a seizure... Oh and yes he did an extended version of Or Nah both nights, going forward it should be illegal to play Wiz's version, dead serious.

Thank You Abel, thank you so much b

Last edited:
I didn't even click play.

Saw "Being The Weeknd", and didn't see Abel in the still; automatically calculated the chance of the video being corny to be at least 95% :lol:

Last edited:

It wasn't in my plans but I HAD to go to the Saturday show after hitting that Friday show...
First off Schoolboy Q surprised me and had that joint live, dude legit made me into a fan. The vibes and party atmosphere for the show on friday was unmatchable.

When "HOB/GTG" dropped :smh: :smh: :smh: THIS IS... A HAPPY HOUSE, WERE HAPPY HERE, IN THE HAPPY HOUSE....OH THIS IS FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:... I'm willing to debate that song live in person is the GOAT.

All in all both shows were dope as hell and viewed by me as two separate entities considering Friday I thought it'd be an amazing idea to pop Mollie Mollie for the first time, lawwwwwwwd, @ICE CITY FC came through :pimp: the music was touchin' the kids soul but I couldn't look anyone in the eye for sh**. So despite the ratio of guys/women being way in our favor I was too caught up in my high.

Second night (Saturday show) just did my normal cocktail, handle bars and alcohol... Picture, What You Need transitioning into Professional and two BAD asian birds just right behind you, I damn near wanted to cry because of the man upstairs blessing the kid with this opportunity... Of course I took one of their hands and we hooked up all night with The Gawd's music in the background, at one point I touched the cat and then GONE finished and she moved my hand, I guess she fell out of the tranz that song can put one in. Good times none the less, he stayed on stage a little longer Saturday then Friday, he did an encore of Often and Wicked Games. Truthfully if he did often one more time I might've had a seizure... Oh and yes he did an extended version of Or Nah both nights, going forward it should be illegal to play Wiz's version, dead serious.

same here, was too gone off some purple pills to even get at any yambs on friday :smh: that extended or nah joint is something serious :x

PS - pics of said BAD asian birds :nerd:

When "HOB/GTG" dropped
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
THIS IS... A HAPPY HOUSE, WERE HAPPY HERE, IN THE HAPPY HOUSE....OH THIS IS FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
... I'm willing to debate that song live in person is the GOAT.

All in all both shows were dope as hell and viewed by me as two separate entities considering Friday I thought it'd be an amazing idea to pop Mollie Mollie for the first time, lawwwwwwwd, @ICE CITY FC came through
pimp.gif
the music was touchin' the kids soul but I couldn't look anyone in the eye for sh**. So despite the ratio of guys/women being way in our favor I was too caught up in my high.

Sounds like you enjoyed! Haha lucky.

hollywood bowl was awesome.
that firework show was a great way to end the show ( it was mad long too)
anyone cop any merch? i copped the KOTF poster tee

hell yeah it was :lol:

Hollywood Bowl was fun as hell - **** was all good until I hit some white boy's weed in the downtime of Q's set and The Weeknd's...

...got a bunch of video in my phone of The Weeknd's performance, but I'd be lying if I said I remembered it all - I do remember singin "Often" at the top of my lungs with these Asian chicks next to us tho - **** was cool cuz they were just as on as we were :lol: .

EDIT:

Seems like me and Larry David had a very similar nite :lol:..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom