The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters

Dude was f'd all the way up at sxsw. :lol:

Don't believe the rumors ***** I'm still a user

This vid can't get posted enough.....bruh when the base drops the first time i was so hype when i heard it. This basically had my expectations through the roof.

I remember being at work flipping out on some Jimmy Jr. steeze when I saw that video the first time. :lol:

First time I saw that i did the crunchy face, thought the album was gonna be hard af

Then he goes and puts losers, dark times, angel on it

Was severely let down

Last edited:
The homie QU!K QU!K will never let Abel live this one down. Dude could drop 10 legendary mixtapes/albums over the next year and we'd still hear "Weeknd did the damn thang, but BBTM was hands down the worst body of music ever compiled. The hills was dope, but I was severely let down. I've never felt such soul crushing disappointment than when Angel finished and I realized the album had come to an end."

:lol:

Last edited:

Just wanna say Tears in the Rain is heavily slept on. The feels are too real with that record

She has no recollection,

of the life she had without me,

She let it slip away, aaawayy, aaawayyy,

So sad it had to be this,

She forgot the good things about me,

She let it slip away, awayyyy, awayyyyy

frown.gif
First time I saw that i did the crunchy face, thought the album was gonna be hard af

Then he goes and puts losers, dark times, angel on it

Was severely let down

Dark times is damn catchy.

Crazy yall don't like Losers, that's suppose to be an "old" sounding song. Like something 2011 weeknd wouldve made

I say he does Often, CFMF, Hills, Earned It, Prisoner and one more song. That's 6 songs
depending on how long his set is....could just perform the festival set hes been doing

at Hard he played those tracks and mixed in some older tracks and collabs like crew love, high for this, the morning, or nah ( with interlude), remember you, love me harder....no kl material 
mean.gif

could save bbtm set for the actual tour

The sxsw video will forever sound better then the other versions.

My own big quint first reaction video would've been lit.

When the hats first come in

And then when it drops

Last edited:
i wish dark times had a 3rd verse on it...album is straight in my opinion though...
ain't nothing going to touch the trilogy though...made my son to those discs...

Who is he competing with in best r&b?

Miguel?

I can see him winning best pop single for ICFMF

Last edited:

this gif got me feeling nostalgic,

I take a break and see a lot of stuff on these last few pages def that had me rustled :smh: the NT fam is funny :rofl:

since im feeling nostalgic heres an oldie but goodie, the argument to end all arguments about the Weeknd still relevant today :smokin

Had one of those nights and gave BBTM and KL a fair head to head shot under the influence(s)
It's no where close.
KL is leaps and bound better. Song writing, production, and narrative etc.

With that said BBTM has grown on me. It's a solid album. 7/10. I enjoy it from time to time, but as previously stated, if it wasn't the Weeknd I was never checking for it

Man I really can't stress how good the writing on KL was.

Back
Top Bottom