The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
Dark times is literally terrible. Hearing Ed Sheeran talk about fighting and the super cringe worthy line of "you should have seen the other guy" i skip that song all the time. And i think my biggest issue with the album comes down to the softness overall.

Abel never used to talk about falling for girls or getting his heart broke. There is too much of that here.

From Acquainted him saying "you got me touching on your body" no. Girls in the 90s the chorus was solely "i got them touching on their body" i know that is kinda used (i got you touchin on your body). But the grime is in him saying i got YOU touching YOUR body.

As you Are when he says "Even though you break my heart " like no. Man no. Remember the Knowing? She thinks she will but she don't....ever....always 1 step ahead.

Angels. No. Just No. I hope you find some one to love? No you don't. You dont' care. Or you hope she finds some one to love but still thinks about you and isn't happy and wants the fast life back. That would be a better song.

All this to say RIP to the old weeknd that molded my Single Mid 20s Mind frame.

If I wanted to hear someone sing about simpin i would listen to any other r&b artists

Last edited:
the super cringe worthy line of "you should have seen the other guy" i skip that song all the time.

That line and Abel's "Light it up, let me bum a smoke" make me want to press next on this song every damn time :lol:

I like it outside of some of the cheesy *** lyrics though.

Last edited:
It's basically an ed sheeran song.

He plays the guitar and sings

Weeknd is the feature

Same with losers

Last edited:
I actually like the way Ed says his line. Flows a lot better than Abel saying let me bum a smoke

Shameless has been on repeat tho. Might be the best song on the album

Last edited:
I love this thread. I feel like the last four are just him obviously talking to his new girl and maybe saying something to either us the og fans or hell maybe his old girl.

Just that feel combo that hits you.

Just wanna say Tears in the Rain is heavily slept on. The feels are too real with that record

She has no recollection,

of the life she had without me,

She let it slip away, aaawayy, aaawayyy,

So sad it had to be this,

She forgot the good things about me,

She let it slip away, awayyyy, awayyyyy

frown.gif
The feels that this song gives me.
frown.gif
. Man making me sad right now. I love this song

I like the hook of Dark Times and the music behind it. Both verses aren't my favorite lol. It's hard for me to dislike any song cause they're all apart of the story Abel is telling. But if I had 2 to dislike it would be Prisoners and Dark Times.

Miguel and Weeknd both made great albums. I have Weeknd BARELY over Miguel but no way in hell they give it to Miguel over Weeknd. Tyrese might be the dark horse in that category tho.

Last edited:
Bruh i don't care if he was catching bodies or not. I mean 1 Direction probably catches bodies (bodies being non gender specif obviously...yes shots fired)

This man can not get me to believe that he beat up some dude or got in a fight or lives that life. I don't care if he does for real. I mean the look...the songs he makes about falling in love...i can't get with it.

Ed Sheeran is a cool dude :lol:. He just happens to be a short white guy with red hair and a nice voice. I don't get down with his music though.

Last edited:
I mean Ed is speaking for Weeknd on that song so I'm not gonna down it as Ed being fake. But it does sound awkward. I only listen to that song when I'm listening to the album all the way through (most of the time) but I would never go straight to that song

Dark times is literally terrible. Hearing Ed Sheeran talk about fighting and the super cringe worthy line of "you should have seen the other guy" i skip that song all the time. And i think my biggest issue with the album comes down to the softness overall.

Abel never used to talk about falling for girls or getting his heart broke. There is too much of that here.

From Acquainted him saying "you got me touching on your body" no. Girls in the 90s the chorus was solely "i got them touching on their body" i know that is kinda used (i got you touchin on your body). But the grime is in him saying i got YOU touching YOUR body.

As you Are when he says "Even though you break my heart " like no. Man no. Remember the Knowing? She thinks she will but she don't....ever....always 1 step ahead.

Angels. No. Just No. I hope you find some one to love? No you don't. You dont' care. Or you hope she finds some one to love but still thinks about you and isn't happy and wants the fast life back. That would be a better song.

Bruh i don't care if he was catching bodies or not. I mean 1 Direction probably catches bodies (bodies being non gender specif obviously...yes shots fired)

This man can not get me to believe that he beat up some dude or got in a fight or lives that life. I don't care if he does for real. I mean the look...the songs he makes about falling in love...i can't get with it.

Never?

Back
Top Bottom