The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 41.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.7%

• Total voters
Ordinary Life is certainly 
nthat.gif

All I know would be much better without Future. Sidewalks without Kendrick too. All the rap features sucked imo. Need the Abel only versions

When I saw the mini movie F A L S E I knew at that moment I would like this album better that BBTM, I was right. Very nice album hope you all enjoy it just as much as I am

Last edited:
Gonna give the album a couple more spins tomorrow in the gym but for now the verdict is 8/10. Definitely not trillogy or kl good but a great improvement from bbtm and solid all around album.

Maybe bbtm was so bad that makes this seem better than it actually is? Dont know, time and couple more spins will tell

Just got finished my first spin. Right now I feel like the only songs I would skip are Rockin (for sure), Love to Lay and Attention. I **** with this album.

True Colors, Ordinary Life, Sidewalks, Die for You, I feel it Comin, Starboy and Party Monster are all my personal favorites.

Last edited:
Sidewalks didn't need Autotune or Kendrick
Six Feet Under didn't need Future

Last edited:
In the interview he basically said he wants to make pop music cool and that's what he plans on doing with future releases

Last edited:
Really excited to hear the whole thing in the ride. Like all his other albums this is gonna be perfect late night driving music.

On another note if he was gonna have to go pop this is how I'd want it to sound. BBTM was so choppy and forced. This album feels way more cohesive and flows very nicely. I'd love him to do an entire album with Daft Punk.

This is a good album. There are some solid tracks here and there.

I also have to give kudos to his public image team, who've done a great job at "re-branding" him. I dig the MANIA video.

Back
Top Bottom