The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
I forgot who mentioned it a couple pages ago but im about to put some RESPEK on Die for You. Thats in my personal top 5 for this album.

Better than BBTM imo, but BBTM still has the best song from both these albums.

This album is very groovy, cant help but to dance to some of these songs.

Nothing Without You has the perfect 4 pump + deep stroke combo in the chorus, he knew exactly what he was doing with that :wow: :smokin :lol:

Last edited:
Cmon my dude

This album is Abel at FULL POTENTIAL.

Full potential does not me creating trilogy (HOB) pt 2

This album is the definition of full potential

He's like yeah I can shoot the 3 and it's my go to but let me show you I can pass the ball, drive, dunk, play defense, grab rebounds etc

A lot of you guys are like man, I just wanna see you shoot them crazy 3s, you don't need to show your full game, you good as just a shooter

I just don't understand the people who who are so desperate for someone to just stay the same. Like y'all realize that's how artists fade away into obscurity? Because they can't stay fresh? If you want Weeknd music you should WANT him to evolve.

Not to mention make the same music over and over is corny anyway. If you want to follow someone who does the same music every album goes pop in a Meek Mill CD.

Preach

These dudes dont get it man

That being said I didn't even listen to the full album, but I hope it's even more pop than BBTM :pimp:

Bruh. What are u talking about. The only thing that makes this album listenable is Doc. His production saves most of the songs. Tell me I'm lying. The rest is Max Martin using the same ol formula to make radio songs. Go look at the production credits.

These aren't Weeknd songs. Ol boy should just change his name. There is NO SUBSTANCE. Nothing creative here. These are $$ makers. I don't blame him. I applaud him. The album is gonna be a HUGE success.

And y'all lying to yourselves if you think there is gonna be a KL 2. That Weeknd is long gone.

Not saying it'll happen and yes he's added more structure to his verses, giving it that formulaic pop element. But when you listen to Ordinary Life, that's the empty inside Weeknd we all gravitated towards. Die For You is pure emotion, which he implemented in almost every track. He's still there, it's just been pulled back. Which can be disappointing but I'd rather have hints of it then not at all. A good balance of the two is what is going to keep him popular for a long time. Just enjoy it

A lonely night
Love to lay
All I know (I think 6ft under is just way better)

Are tracks I think I can do without honestly. Maybe I need to read the lyrics with the song but just on a few listens "meh" but everything else is solid.

Last edited:
Just enjoy it

Im trying to my dude. I just can't see past what he has become... Hes the new *NSync. The new T Swift. He's the new pop star. I would be lying if I said I didn't feel a little betrayed.
Betrayed?
:lol:
Dude always wanted to be like the next Michael
You can't be surprised at how his career has been developing with his intentions

Last edited:
Everything from False Alarm up to True Colors is horrible.

Die For You, Sidewalks, Ordinary Life, True Colors [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji] on first listen like it better than BBTM.

Everything from False Alarm up to True Colors is horrible.

Die For You, Sidewalks, Ordinary Life, True Colors [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji] on first listen like it better than BBTM.

Wait you didn't like Reminder

Betrayed?
You can't be surprised at how his career has been developing with his intentions

Not necessarily betrayed by him. But by the industry. Duped might be the better word. We got Donald trumped. :lol:

Dude is being pimped by the industry like the rest of them. He used to make great music. We have been stripped of that great artist and given some shell of The Weeknd. The music he used to make touched my soul. This crap def doesn't. I mean I saw this coming from a mile away. I was prepared for it, that doesn't mean I'm still not salty about it.

I just don't understand the people who who are so desperate for someone to just stay the same. Like y'all realize that's how artists fade away into obscurity? Because they can't stay fresh? If you want Weeknd music you should WANT him to evolve.

Not to mention make the same music over and over is corny anyway. If you want to follow someone who does the same music every album goes pop in a Meek Mill CD.
Some of you guys need to quit it with the "stay the same" type b.s.

Nobody said they wanted him to stay the same, it's impossible to

Kiss Land wasn't anything like the tapes, and it was gawd level. That was evolution by the way. BBTM represented a clear change in direction and intention of what he wanted to present to the world

You can still be different and evolve while keeping the integrity of what fans were drawn to. If you like the new Weeknd that's awesome and great. Just stop trying to make up stuff like "we don't want him to evolve" or "we want him to stay the same". Totally inaccurate 

Last edited:
To be fair it was always clear who he wanted to be and what kind of music he wanted to make. He wanted to follow in his idols footsteps and make tons of money, which he is. I think 2011 he hit rock bottom and there came the tapes.

Betrayed?

Not necessarily betrayed by him. But by the industry. Duped might be the better word. We got Donald trumped. :lol:

Dude is being pimped by the industry like the rest of them. He used to make great music. We have been stripped of that great artist and given some shell of The Weeknd. The music he used to make touched my soul. This crap def doesn't. I mean I saw this coming from a mile away. I was prepared for it, that doesn't mean I'm still not salty about it.
Idk
imo I think he's still making pretty good music /shrug
Yeah it's not as dark and not as "intimate", but I enjoy jamming to his songs still

Back
Top Bottom