The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
My first and only listen gave me the impression that this is a follow up to Kissland morseo than a continuation of what we got in 2011. It’s like the progression of someone who was skeptical about love/falling for someone, but he gave it a try a couple of times only for things to not work out. Now this is the tormented recollection of events while embracing the return to the single life.
Yeah this is the real follow up to KissLand. It's cohesive, it's dark but mature, it feels like a natural progression lyrically and production wise. His singing is on point like a mfer too.

Alright, I'm done for awhile. I played this like 7 times and it hasn't even been 24hrs yet.

A lot of new music dropped today, gonna see what everybody else is packing.

Finally got a chance to listen on the commute to work this morning. I'm impressed off the first listen. Gonna listen a few more times today and really dig in, though.

giphy.gif

finally, the feels have come back !

That beat switch on I Was Never There tho :sick:

I feel the album reaches a climax at Hurt You

giphy.gif

The follow-up to Kiss Land might be more of an accurate comparison to this EP. It's just as cohesive.

You guys thinking we get 2 more EPs?

This **** gets better and better with every listen though. I feel like True Colors & Die For You could fit on here

While the production is stripped back and minimalistic, it's not lacking at all. It allows his voice and lyrics to shine by not being over produced.

Digging the deep house vibes on the Wasted Times kick drums. Probably Skrillex influence.

The follow-up to Kiss Land might be more of an accurate comparison to this EP. It's just as cohesive.

You guys thinking we get 2 more EPs?

This **** gets better and better with every listen though. I feel like True Colors & Die For You could fit on here
2 more eps hmmmm

3 eps hmmmmm

They'll both stop on Thursday's hmmmmmmmmmm

the production is definitely basic on the first few songs. But he let's the content and his voice shine which is cool

And house of balloons did drop in March. It'll be dope if he drops two more tapes within the year

Try Me, Hurt You and Call Out My Name are def album highlights. No complaints really, but Wasted Times is prob the worst imo.

Back
Top Bottom