The White Savior Industrial Complex.

Bet you that Uncle Tom in your Avi knows exactly why the sudden out-rage sprouted out of no where.

Fools still think race is the motive. That 1% that controls all of this only see's one color, and that color is green, baby.

Divide and Conquer was/is the plan and it's obvious that as of today, there are no signs of their plan failing anytime soon.

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

Would one agree that white people "operate" The Prosperous Savior Complex? Own, operate, run, allow, dictate, seed, construct, mass program, etc.

That's it right there....The "Prosperous Savior Complex" is synonymous with the "White Savior Industrial Complex" because prosperity (as we have been conditioned to think of it in this day and age) is controlled and manipulated by one group of people. White people. Whites rule the world and have done so for at least the last 2,000 years. It's not coincidental that the ratios of those who live above the "prosperity line" all happen to look a certain way in comparison to those who live under the poverty line. It's not mere coincidence that Europe as a whole would be considered a first world continent whereas Africa as a whole would be considered third world. A lot of the issues in third world countries stem from exploitation from first world countries. Who provides the machinery and ammunition for Africans to even have wars? When there is civil unrest, a lot of times there is a corrupt government that caters to the West (Europe/US) and angry common people that have simply been fed up (in African countries primarily). While I don't agree with the tactics that many subject themselves to use, you can see where it makes sense. Was Kony wanting to train kids as soldiers, just to play G.I. Joe?

All I'm gonna say is...where can I go to cash in on this "White Privilege"?

Do they mail it out to us? Maybe I was at work and they didn't pay for delivery confirmation
frown.gif

Originally Posted by illadelALLDAY

Do they mail it out to us? Maybe I was at work and they didn't pay for delivery confirmation
frown.gif
 1. I can, if I wish, arrange to be in the company of people of my race most of the time.

2. If I should need to move, I can be pretty sure of renting or purchasing housing in an area that I can afford and in which I would want to live.

3. I can be pretty sure that my neighbors in such a location will be neutral or pleasant to me.

4. I can go shopping alone most of the time, pretty well assuredthat I will not be followed or harassed.

5. I can turn on the television or open to the front page of thepaper and see people of my race widely represented.

6. When I am told about our national heritage or about civilization, I am shown that people of my color made it what it is.

7. I can be sure that my children will be given curricular materials that testify to the existence of their race.

8. If I want to, I can be pretty sure of finding a publisher forthis piece on white privilege.

9. I can go into a music shop and count on finding the music of my race represented, into a supermarket and find the staple foods that fitwith my cultural traditions, into a hairdresser's shop and find someonewho can deal with my hair.

10. Whether I use checks, credit cards, or cash, I can count on my skin color not to work against the appearance of financial reliability.

11. I can arrange to protect my children most of the time from people who might not like them.

12. I can swear, or dress in second-hand clothes or not answer letters without having people attribute these choices to the bad morals, the poverty, or the illiteracy of my race.

13. I can speak in public to a powerful male group without putting my race on trial.

14. I can do well in a challenging situation without being called a credit to my race.

15. I am never asked to speak for all the people of my racial group.

16. I can remain oblivious of the language and customs of persons of color, who constitute the worlds' majority, without feeling in my culture any penalty for such oblivion.

17. I can criticize our government and talk about how much I fear its policies and behavior without being seen as a cultural outsider.

18. I can be sure that if I ask to talk to "the person in charge" I will be facing a person of my race.

19. If a traffic cop pulls me over, or if the IRS audits my tax return, I can be sure I haven't been singled out because of my race.

20. I can easily buy posters, postcards, picture books, greetingcards, dolls, toys, and children's magazines featuring people of my race.

21. I can go home from most meetings or organizations I belong to feeling somewhat tied in rather than isolated, out of place, outnumbered, unheard, held at a distance, or feared.

22. I can take a job with an affirmative action employer withouthaving coworkers on the job suspect that I got it because of race.

23. I can choose public accommodations without fearing that people of my race cannot get in or will be mistreated in the places I have chosen.

24. I can be sure that if I need legal or medical help my race will not work against me.

25. If my day, week, or year is going badly, I need not ask of each negative episode or situation whether it has racial overtones.

26. I can chose blemish cover or bandages in flesh color that more or less matches my skin.
http://ted.coe.wayne.edu/ele3600/mcintosh.html

i'm sure you benefit for many things on this list...probably not all but most
happy.gif

Originally Posted by TheFoteenth

Bet you that Uncle Tom in your Avi knows exactly why the sudden out-rage sprouted out of no where.

Fools still think race is the motive. That 1% that controls all of this only see's one color, and that color is green, baby.

Divide and Conquer was/is the plan and it's obvious that as of today, there are no signs of their plan failing anytime soon.

So, why did you post again?

frown.gif

I know it's hard, but some things are more abstract than others, does not make them any less prevalent. 

Originally Posted by kix4kix

frown.gif

I know it's hard, but some things are more abstract than others, does not make them any less prevalent. 
People act like it's so hard to grasp that concept.
 "I'm white and my life sucks" is a white person's biggest rebuttal to the White Privilege.

^that's because it destroys that little "argument".

If I'm white, and those things don't apply to me...then your point falls to pieces. I'm about to clock in for work so I'll respond more in depth tonight.

^that's because it destroys that little "argument".

If I'm white, and those things don't apply to me...then your point falls to pieces. I'm about to clock in for work so I'll respond more in depth tonight.

Please, illuminate all of us on how white privilege doesn't exist.  Or how none of its benefits apply to you personally.  (I'm not sure which one you're "arguing")

laugh.gif
at the notion that, for any white person, none of the listed benefits or countless other benefits of white privilege "apply to you."

The ability to ignore or deny your privilege... another great benefit of white privilege
ohwell.gif

Half the stuff on that list is just a bunch of noise. There are like 3 legitimate points on there.

You see a large amount of white people on TV and in the media because there is alot of white people in the U.S. More Caucasians means a larger percentage. Would you be shocked if you went to China and there was a lack of black people in the media there as well? I wonder why their media is predominantly Asian? Its because there are more Asians that live there.... It is basic numbers, you appeal to the largest audience you can.

Glad my white privilege allows me to get band-aids that match my skin....hooray!

Im not denying "white privilege" I think its a touchy subject, but the examples given are extremely week.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Half the stuff on that list is just a bunch of noise. There are like 3 legitimate points on there.

You see a large amount of white people on TV and in the media because there is alot of white people in the U.S. More Caucasians means a larger percentage. Would you be shocked if you went to China and there was a lack of black people in the media there as well? I wonder why their media is predominantly Asian? Its because there are more Asians that live there.... It is basic numbers, you appeal to the largest audience you can.

Glad my white privilege allows me to get band-aids that match my skin....hooray!

Im not denying "white privilege" I think its a touchy subject, but the examples given are extremely week.

How did you feel about the article OP posted? http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/03/the-white-savior-industrial-complex/254843/

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

Would one agree that white people "operate" The Prosperous Savior Complex? Own, operate, run, allow, dictate, seed, construct, mass program, etc.

I think I can refute this blanket statement just from personal experience. 11 years ago, a massive earthquake hit my parents' home state of Gujarat. Because infrastrucutre in most places in India is a sick joke, there was a lot of devastation. As many other well-off Indian immigrants in America, they decided to contribute to their local temple's Earthquake Relief Fund. How you may ask? Straight cash homey. That's all they did. Did they investigate into what the victims really needed? Did they see which charities were best? No. Being well-off, they thought that just throwing money at this problem would save the poor and devastated people in Gijarat. Guess what happened? Widespread corruption. A lot of the donated money never reached the victims. My Dad still curses that episode. So can you tell me what exactly is "white" about all this? But didn't this episode have all of the hallmarks of this complex? See and learn of a problem but don't investigate or question. Just save those poor folk by doing what "we" think is best (Money to local temple funds). And of course, that's that. They continued to live their lives and in the moment, felt good about what they did.

I think the disconnect between the haves and have-nots plays a far more central role to the problems in charitable giving than race does. So for the term to single out a skin color is ridiculous because it excuses my parents of their actions and I for one won't ever do that. White privilege allows for this complex to be more prevalent amongst white people but this complex isn't necessarily white in nature.

if Trayvon was white would he have been shot?

/whiteprivilege

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

if Trayvon was white would he have been shot?

/whiteprivilege

Did you rock your hoodie with pride today?

And to answer your question, probably not, but he isnt the first or last kid who will be killed for no reason at all.

You see a large amount of white people on TV and in the media because there is alot of white people in the U.S. More Caucasians means a larger percentage.

So then that means you have an advantage don't you? It means you are seen more and you are more represented in every aspect of American life. When you are more represented and in fact dominating in every facet of life from the beginning (laws, courts, government), it means you have more access.

It is not impossible for other minorities to get into the these intuitions over time but since they were started by White elites and incorporated those who looked like them from the begining of the institutions,  others were not even considered human and or equal ( slavery, suffrage, etc), It means that you have an advantage over the rest. NOBODY is saying you have it easy. That would be foolish, middle class whites have been exploited since the beginning but it still does not deny that a white male has advantages over other people since well, it was started by them.

Can't believe its 2012 and we're still arguing about white privilege..mind blowing...

You're not grasping the concept of privilege homie...

And there are countless other ways (many of them much more severe) in which white privilege manifests itself...

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Reminds me of this comment I came across on the net one day:[/color]

"They REFUSE to acknowledge the truth, because they benefit so VERY much, from the lies"

What demographic would you say that this phrase applies to the most accurately? 

I do not even NEED to tell you, because it is just that incredibly obvious.

But of course, this very same particular demographic will pretend that they either don’t know the answer, or they will add more lies on top of their already mountainous base of lies, distortions, and blatant hypocrisy. 

They profit far too much from the lies, to ever be honest about what’s been going on for decades now, and what the REAL goals of these lies are intended for.

They live in total denial, every day of their manufactured and propped up artificially created lives. They live in a world created for them by incessant propaganda, and mind control, by people who ultimately really DON’T have their best interests at heart, and who will pull the rug out from under these millions upon millions of dupes, when the time is right, and it suits their purposes best.

Until that time, they will continue to milk their temporarily cooperative Big Brother, for all he can do for them. They will continue being the happiest demographic on earth, thinking that life is grand, riding high on another demographic’s misery and expense, and thinking that they’ve got the world by the tail, with all the advantages, benefits, and perks that a politically “correct

it's always nice to know there are people out there who are still capable to critical thinking. I said it before, but man, I got so much "facebook hate" because of my criticisms of Kony 2012
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by red mpls

You're not grasping the concept of privilege homie...

And there are countless other ways (many of them much more severe) in which white privilege manifests itself...
Like I said, Im not denying it, but the examples given in that cute little list are terrible examples.

On another topic, whats the difference between Kony and people posting pictures in their hoodies all day?

Wait, are people really arguing whether whites have an advantage/privilege in American society?

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

http://ted.coe.wayne.edu/ele3600/mcintosh.html

i'm sure you benefit for many things on this list...probably not all but most 
happy.gif

Excellent job sista.  

pimp.gif
 @ Minny
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I remember reading something someone on here posted. It was a social research paper. It interviewed 30 random white people and asked them why are they proud of being white. The answered ranged from, "I won't get discriminated against." "Police won't randomly stop me." "I won't be followed around stores." Basically anything that happens to Hispanics/Blacks.

Now when the same question was asked to Blacks/Hispanics, their answers actually spoke on culture. Things their people do and how they do it.

So that should tell you something right there. Generally speaking, whites will never understand their advantage until it is gone (if that ever happens). Because life is just "normal" now so of course they don't view it as an advantage.
PS: I do agree with Hank when it comes to Haves vs. Have-Nots being more of a battle than Whites/Blacks. Two different battles going on there but if you let "them" tell the story poor whites > poor blacks. 

Where is that "Whiteness" speech someone posted a while back when you need it

Back
Top Bottom