The Wire coming back?

So my co-worker just told me that there is talks of making another season of The Wire which would be on Netflix. If this is true, I'm surprised there wasn't a thread on this already. Can anyone shed some light on this?

nah..leave it how it is...maybe a spin off tho 
nerd.gif

Probably not gonna happen, doesn't seem something the producers/creator would do just for the sake of doing. I'm pretty sure they planned only 5 seasons from jump.

If it's better than season 5, I'd be up for it. But it still won't reach the kind of audience Breaking Bad did.

If it's better than season 5, I'd be up for it. But it still won't reach the kind of audience Breaking Bad did.
Doesn't need to reach the audience that breaking bad had. the wire is still better than breaking bad. The realism and just characters overall in the wire makes it better for me. And this is coming from a person who just finished season 5 2 days ago. Ba had so many just unbelievable things while the wire and its characters didn't even seem like a tv show it seemed like cameras showing reality and how life really is. They really showed the hood and what goes in out and around it and how corrupt it can be and how it can turn u into someone u don't wanna be

Breaking Bad vs The WIre thread in disguise?

At the moment, there are NO HBO shows available on Netflix for viewing.

Doesn't need to reach the audience that breaking bad had. the wire is still better than breaking bad. The realism and just characters overall in the wire makes it better for me. And this is coming from a person who just finished season 5 2 days ago. Ba had so many just unbelievable things while the wire and its characters didn't even seem like a tv show it seemed like cameras showing reality and how life really is. They really showed the hood and what goes in out and around it and how corrupt it can be and how it can turn u into someone u don't wanna be

ALL OF THIS!

The Wire was written for 5 seasons only. It was written to end. I highly doubt it's coming back.

but if it did. CAN I GET A WEEBAY.GIF?!! :smokin

No.

And The Wire > Breaking Bad, stop that nonsense.

In the years following the end of the series' run, several colleges and universities such as Johns Hopkins, Brown University, and Harvard College have offered classes on The Wire in disciplines ranging from law to sociology to film studies.
Let me know when that happens for Breaking Bad.

No.

And The Wire > Breaking Bad, stop that nonsense.
Let me know when that happens for Breaking Bad.

Breaking Bad has redefined chemistry. We made and tested ricin for our class final.

RIP to that kid in the 1st seat, 3rd row tho....

Last edited:
I do not want another one. It ended perfectly and besides trying to squeeze more money out of it, it wouldn't make sense.

Probably not gonna happen, doesn't seem something the producers/creator would do just for the sake of doing. I'm pretty sure they planned only 5 seasons from jump.
I'm almost positive they originally wanted to do 6 seasons and dive into the Hispanic community but they scratched the idea because they didn't think their understanding of Baltimore's Hispanic community was sufficient enough to live up to the show's standards of realism. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom