The Wire....sucks. (The Shield is wayyy better)

agree. no replay value at all for the wire.

that dvd thread? i just noticed a lot more elitism that is also evident in this thread. i see a lot of people saying the wire's writing is too smart for most people....things went over people's heads...same thing in this thread...

but when i ask for examples...i don't get any....

as for the first critique...i don't know who dirty harry is...so the shield is not redundant to me. even then...the shield is far from simple.

you said i was looking for blatant entertainment....that's not just factually wrong. if you had read my earlier posts...i said that the shield's entertainment plus the realness in it makes it better than the wire.

once again, go watch the first episode of the shield...then come back and talk.

and can you imagine reading a novel without feeling connected to the characters? this is why books like catcher in the rye is loved by so many people. tell me who the best actor in the wire was. sure as hell wasnt mcnulty. not freamon. not greggs. omar? maybe..even then, his performances are nowhere nearly as good as vic mackey's.

someone in the dvdtalk thread said this.

the wire is like a great novel. (should've stayed a novel)
the shield like a great graphic novel.

I pretty much agree with this.

the shield has no bad episodes at all. (ok ok..MAYBE one or two but that's out of 7 seasons) the wire has so many episodes that seem like filler episodes.

and can you imagine reading a novel without feeling connected to the characters? this is why books like catcher in the rye is loved by so many people. tell me who the best actor in the wire was. sure as hell wasnt mcnulty. not freamon. not greggs. omar? maybe..even then, his performances are nowhere nearly as good as vic mackey's.

someone in the dvdtalk thread said this.

the shield has no bad episodes at all. (ok ok..MAYBE one or two but that's out of 7 seasons) the wire has so many episodes that seem like filler episodes.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

ok so we identified the problem. youd rather read a graphic novel over a novel.

i think theres ton of replay value for the wire. it has my favorite acting in a drama so i love to see their work.

if you like replay value then you should watch arrested development. another show where "smart people always like it."  i would say the office is casual (halo/cod) and arrested dev is hardcore (dwarf fortress)

i think theres ton of replay value for the wire. it has my favorite acting in a drama so i love to see their work.

if you like replay value then you should watch arrested development. another show where "smart people always like it."  i would say the office is casual (halo/cod) and arrested dev is hardcore (dwarf fortress)

The Wire is the greatest series of all time. And I have a bad habit thinking that anyone that doesn't agree with me is simply not smart enough to understand what is going on.

The Wire is the greatest series of all time. And I have a bad habit thinking that anyone that doesn't agree with me is simply not smart enough to understand what is going on.

Originally Posted by TheRav4

Originally Posted by TheRav4

Originally Posted by got shoes

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

I watched the whole series and nothing is memorable at all.

one of the most overrated tv shows ever. i hate you NT.

ejg7wp.jpg
perfectly executed
+1
Best part of this thread

Cause OP is on something strong, The shield really SMH

Originally Posted by got shoes

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

I watched the whole series and nothing is memorable at all.

one of the most overrated tv shows ever. i hate you NT.

ejg7wp.jpg
perfectly executed
+1
Best part of this thread

Cause OP is on something strong, The shield really SMH

Originally Posted by bangtcg

Why is this a problem? Is the implication here that a great graphic novel somehow lesser than a great novel? Am I supposed to be more simple-minded because I didn't like the wire?
laugh.gif
at the amount of elitism is this thread by The Wire fans. You guys just keep on quoting the same thing about The Wire going over our heads, but have nothing specific to back it up. I keep on asking, but I get nothing.

If you think the wire sucked there is a good chance a lot of stuff went over your head....

So Simple and Easy=Better. Nice to know feeble minds and lethargy have won.

I firmly believe that no smart person who puts time into The Wire can dislike it.

^says the guy who thinks the Wire SUCKS... That alone makes your opinion on this matter void

eek.gif
at the elitism. Goddamn.
smh.gif
and that's with out the multiple quoted posts by other Wire fans.

"The Wire is the best acting ever." Fine. Who was the best actor/actress? What went over our heads? I still have not received an answer from anyone.

I keep on hearing The Wire is like a great novel. It is should have stayed a novel. The TeleVISION adaptation is boring.

GO WATCH THE FIRST EPISODE OF THE SHIELD THEN COME BACK.

Originally Posted by bangtcg

Why is this a problem? Is the implication here that a great graphic novel somehow lesser than a great novel? Am I supposed to be more simple-minded because I didn't like the wire?
laugh.gif
at the amount of elitism is this thread by The Wire fans. You guys just keep on quoting the same thing about The Wire going over our heads, but have nothing specific to back it up. I keep on asking, but I get nothing.

If you think the wire sucked there is a good chance a lot of stuff went over your head....

So Simple and Easy=Better. Nice to know feeble minds and lethargy have won.

I firmly believe that no smart person who puts time into The Wire can dislike it.

^says the guy who thinks the Wire SUCKS... That alone makes your opinion on this matter void

eek.gif
at the elitism. Goddamn.
smh.gif
and that's with out the multiple quoted posts by other Wire fans.

"The Wire is the best acting ever." Fine. Who was the best actor/actress? What went over our heads? I still have not received an answer from anyone.

I keep on hearing The Wire is like a great novel. It is should have stayed a novel. The TeleVISION adaptation is boring.

GO WATCH THE FIRST EPISODE OF THE SHIELD THEN COME BACK.

OP, what are you trying to prove with your statements? You say The Shield is better because it hooks you in from the beginning episode, that makes The Shield so much better? Is that it? What else are your arguments? I agree Mackey is a real good character, but I think the Shield is highly repetitive, they get into an incident, some other cop gets involved and then Mackey cons his way through to save his team ad his self. Is it just a regional thing being that you from Cali?

Now I've seen all of both shows. I love the Wire, imo the best written series ever, great acting, and I believe there is characters that you would love and actually connect with between Bodie, Michael, Dookie, McNulty, they're memorable characters and everyone has their memorable moments in The Wire. And I do believe that there's much replay value in the series.

The Shield I admit is on full throttle every episode but I don't think that makes it any better. Wire sets up things which is smart and doesn't make it boring but maybe others just don't see that. Just my thoughts...

OP, what are you trying to prove with your statements? You say The Shield is better because it hooks you in from the beginning episode, that makes The Shield so much better? Is that it? What else are your arguments? I agree Mackey is a real good character, but I think the Shield is highly repetitive, they get into an incident, some other cop gets involved and then Mackey cons his way through to save his team ad his self. Is it just a regional thing being that you from Cali?

Now I've seen all of both shows. I love the Wire, imo the best written series ever, great acting, and I believe there is characters that you would love and actually connect with between Bodie, Michael, Dookie, McNulty, they're memorable characters and everyone has their memorable moments in The Wire. And I do believe that there's much replay value in the series.

The Shield I admit is on full throttle every episode but I don't think that makes it any better. Wire sets up things which is smart and doesn't make it boring but maybe others just don't see that. Just my thoughts...

The wire would suck to anyone who has the attention span of a 4 year old

PS Lost is $#$+#@* garbage.  cant believe i wasted time catching up to the finale just for that wack $*$ ending with zero questions answered
indifferent.gif

The wire would suck to anyone who has the attention span of a 4 year old

PS Lost is $#$+#@* garbage.  cant believe i wasted time catching up to the finale just for that wack $*$ ending with zero questions answered
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom