The Wire....sucks. (The Shield is wayyy better)

The wire is the best 60 hours of entertainment ever...

^ This.*

And that's not to discredit the other series, because I haven't watched them...yet. I just can't believe that any regular cable show would have the depth and realism of The Wire.

Just my $0.02. 

^ This.*

And that's not to discredit the other series, because I haven't watched them...yet. I just can't believe that any regular cable show would have the depth and realism of The Wire.

Just my $0.02. 

it gives us an in-depth view of some of the key politcal and social institutions in baltimore. everything is intertwined. racism is still alive. the money is the motive. drug war ain't never gonna end. politicians will be politicians.

the only thing going for the wire is its realistic portrayal of urban america. I realize that most americans won't like the wire because the subject matter is something they don't want to acknowledge. like joe galvan said, it's not entertaining like the shield.

the shield has an excellent equilibrium between reality and entertainment that makes it a better tv show than the wire.

but please, go watch the shield in its entirety and then come back.

I've seen both. the shield is just consistently better.

it gives us an in-depth view of some of the key politcal and social institutions in baltimore. everything is intertwined. racism is still alive. the money is the motive. drug war ain't never gonna end. politicians will be politicians.

the only thing going for the wire is its realistic portrayal of urban america. I realize that most americans won't like the wire because the subject matter is something they don't want to acknowledge. like joe galvan said, it's not entertaining like the shield.

the shield has an excellent equilibrium between reality and entertainment that makes it a better tv show than the wire.

but please, go watch the shield in its entirety and then come back.

I've seen both. the shield is just consistently better.

^ This.*

Just my $0.02. 

^ This.*

Just my $0.02. 

i have not seen arrested development. so can't say anything on it.

but LOST? its mysteries and GREAT characters and storylines just compelled you to watch it. it does suck a lot that they didnt answer all the questions and mysteries. but while you were watching it, you have to admit that every episode had you begging for more.

but please go watch the shield, it would be a great disservice to yourself if you don't.

i have not seen arrested development. so can't say anything on it.

but LOST? its mysteries and GREAT characters and storylines just compelled you to watch it. it does suck a lot that they didnt answer all the questions and mysteries. but while you were watching it, you have to admit that every episode had you begging for more.

but please go watch the shield, it would be a great disservice to yourself if you don't.

Omar is probably one of the most complicated characters ever created for tv..

The Wire
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^says the guy who thinks the Wire SUCKS... That alone makes your opinion on this matter void

^says the guy who thinks the Wire SUCKS... That alone makes your opinion on this matter void

Considering the show never won an Emmy, some could make the case it was UNDERrated.

I believe it is the highest-rated show ever on IMDB.

It told an incredibly realistic story about Baltimore, each season focusing on a different perspective (drugs, police, politics, media).

Maybe it wasn't your cup of tea, but to say it was a bad show is completely ignorant and borderline idiotic.

Back
Top Bottom