The WNBA is officially on life support Vol. Sponsors on jerseys

[h2]Mercury to have sponsor onjerseys[/h2]Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Following the lead of international sports, the Phoenix Mercury have become the first WNBA team to put a sponsor's name on theirjerseys.

Under the three-year deal with LifeLock announced Monday, the identity theft protection company's name will replace the "Phoenix" and"Mercury" across the road and home uniforms, respectively. The team's logo will appear above the "LifeLock" on the left side.

The Mercury are the first team to finalize an agreement under the league's new initiative aimed at increasing revenue and marketing opportunities. WNBApresident Donna Orender said she expects more teams to reach similar deals.

In addition to its name on the jerseys, LifeLock's logo will also be on the Mercury's home court.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

pimp.gif
it has begun.

Whoever at LifeLock signed off on that deal should be fired on the spot, taken to a room and be forced to watch WNBA games for the rest of their pathetic life.

it's weird but they've been doing this forever in soccer....why not....next thing you know there will be advertsing on the court floor

I remember when they were going to do this with the bases in baseball.

The league should have been gone long ago.

WNBA is trash, NBA needs to stop feeding them dollars under the table and let the +*@@ poor project die already. Now softball is another issue, get theseladies in the WCWS a professional league quick fast.

How long till Lifetime Network gets a team?

Seriously though to me this is pathetic. Im not well versed in soccer but to me if you got a sport where you dont even have your team's name on your damnuniforms you gotta change things up.

Then again anyone in sport will sell out anything if they are able to.

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

WNBA is trash, NBA needs to stop feeding them dollars under the table and let the +*@@ poor project die already. Now softball is another issue, get these ladies in the WCWS a professional league quick fast.

Yeah, honestly, does anyone even watch the WNBA. How are they getting their revenue, and from where?

And why is ESPN paying to broadcast these games
laugh.gif

I knew it was bad when they started GIVING away free tickets.
smh.gif

I guess they're relying on concession revenue to pay these arenas.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

I knew it was bad when they started GIVING away free tickets.
smh.gif

I guess they're relying on concession revenue to pay these arenas.
QFT

i was wit my girl on a lil weekend excursion sumwhere the one time n sum homely lookin dude rolled up on us like "two tickets to the game tonight?"

me: game?
nerd.gif

bum: yea 2 tickets to the *insert bummy WNBA team here* ten bucks...
me:
indifferent.gif

my girl:
eek.gif
OMG its only ten bucks itll be fun, lets go, blah blah blah

me two hours later n 40 bucks poorer(concessions):
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif