The WNBA is officially on life support Vol. Sponsors on jerseys

Originally Posted by heat23

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I dont see the Mercury logo anywhere let alone "above the "LifeLock" on the left side"
Take a closer look
laugh.gif

From our view, it's on the right side.

That's the WNBA logo not the Mercury logo. The Mercury logo's only on the back
What do we have here??

x4q7n5.jpg

I dont see the Mercury logo anywhere let alone "above the "LifeLock" on the left side"
Take a closer look
laugh.gif

From our view, it's on the right side.

That's the WNBA logo not the Mercury logo. The Mercury logo's only on the back
What do we have here??

x4q7n5.jpg

Opps........I was looking @ this one:

t99xsg.jpg

what is LifeLock?
nerd.gif
and why'd it have to be on the Mercury? not thati watch them, but..
desperation for money

Sell outs. I cant believe thats their main logo now, I thought we would see like a little patch or something, they might as well change the team name.

You guys realize that the rest of american sports are probably on their way to this too right? before you start laughing, you should probably understand thatmost sports teams aren't doing all that well right now and can use a little help like this.

It's not that big of a deal... anybody pretending sports aren't big business to begin with is lying to themselves... at least the europeans don'ttry to hide it.

WNBA makes a move that gets laughed at by a bunch of either amateur or pseudo-athletic male armchair quarterbacks online.

Big surprise.

wnba has been on life support......and if its bad for them

you know it gets worser for the d-league too

those leagues are both bleeding dollars

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

WNBA makes a move that gets laughed at by a bunch of either amateur or pseudo-athletic male armchair quarterbacks online.

Big surprise.
roll.gif
Ska mad.

How long has the WNBA been in the red? Stern should pull the plug on this project.

Not mad.

Just frustrated.

I know the WNBA is on life support, and has never really been an overwhelming success. That's obvious, and denying that would make me naive and...blindthere .

But people are just as naive if they deny that is a direct correlation between the failure of the WNBA (or any professional women's sport) and the factthat women are simply not respected the same as men, in any society.

Not to make it a sociological, cultural, gender related topic, but that's the truth; women in the same position or granted the same opportunity as men asnot received with the same jubilation or granted the same shadows of doubt. They are trusted less, scrutinized more, and criticized more harshly despitesometimes even being... better. Am I saying that the WNBA is better than the NBA? Not at all. Am I say that I have only met one person, online or offline, thatha given the WNBA (and women's sports) a fair shot? Yes. Heck, Kiddin Like Jason posted a reply one that was simply a
eyes.gif
emoticn and the text
'women's sports'. And now, a bunch of people are reading this going 'That's my dude, right there. SO funny, and just tells it like itis.'

I guess he is telling it like it is, though. Men collectively respect women's sports (including the WNBA) as much as they collectively respect women...which is a problem, because collectively, men don't trust, respect, or appreciate women to a degree that allows something like a professional women'sbasketball league to experience success. Denying that is naive and... blind.

The WNBA should make their players wear these type of uniforms with holes cut out where the nipples should be, ratings would skyrocket.

2921604244_6142664f70.jpg

Originally Posted by TeeOh Owens

The WNBA should make their players wear these type of uniforms with holes cut out where the nipples should be, ratings would skyrocket.

2921604244_6142664f70.jpg
there are quite a few WNBA players that you would NOT want to see....
sick.gif

I agree. If they could attract more of the tools that respect women as long as they're hot, then the WNBA would find success.

Definitely.

And have you seen any WNBA players aside from Lauren Jackson (who you have pictured) or Becky Hammon? Sure, you'd see a few cuties in tight spandex, butget back at me when you see someone like Tina Thompson in spandex.
laugh.gif
sick.gif

I seen Tina Thompson in person and trust me you definitely want to see her in spandex.
grin.gif

Smart move by the WNBA. Now if they would just let me do their marketing, I could put together much better commercials.

Originally Posted by FoShizzle

Smart move by the WNBA. Now if they would just take the sponsorship money and fold maybe companies would feel sry for them n they wouldnt sue to get their money back.
fixed.

only way WNBA will ever make money... apart from paying their players in tampons

Originally Posted by Statis22

WNBA was in trouble when the Comets folded

If this is their way to generate extra money coming in then I guess it has to be done
eek.gif
the Comets folded, when did that happen?

I was wondering why Tina Thompson was on the Sparks now.

Sad stuff....

truth be told I love basketball..played varsity in hs..and never watched the WNBA. Just college womens and mens and the NBA.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Not mad.

Just frustrated.

I know the WNBA is on life support, and has never really been an overwhelming success. That's obvious, and denying that would make me naive and... blindthere .

But people are just as naive if they deny that is a direct correlation between the failure of the WNBA (or any professional women's sport) and the fact that women are simply not respected the same as men, in any society.

Not to make it a sociological, cultural, gender related topic, but that's the truth; women in the same position or granted the same opportunity as men as not received with the same jubilation or granted the same shadows of doubt. They are trusted less, scrutinized more, and criticized more harshly despite sometimes even being... better. Am I saying that the WNBA is better than the NBA? Not at all. Am I say that I have only met one person, online or offline, that ha given the WNBA (and women's sports) a fair shot? Yes. Heck, Kiddin Like Jason posted a reply one that was simply a
eyes.gif
emoticn and the text
'women's sports'. And now, a bunch of people are reading this going 'That's my dude, right there. SO funny, and just tells it like it is.'

I guess he is telling it like it is, though. Men collectively respect women's sports (including the WNBA) as much as they collectively respect women... which is a problem, because collectively, men don't trust, respect, or appreciate women to a degree that allows something like a professional women's basketball league to experience success. Denying that is naive and... blind.
Honestly, I think you're the one that's in denial. Do some people bash the WNBA because their chauvinistic sexist pigs? No doubt, butthat doesn't hold true for all of us. At the end of the day, the WNBA is just an inferior product.

Back
Top Bottom