The WNBA is officially on life support Vol. Sponsors on jerseys

TrueshotAura:
Who cares! Women's (insert sport) sux!
TraSoul, responses like this one speak largley to what I'm talking about. If there were a WMLB,you think this guy would give it a shot, see if he could find any entertainment value in it?

In my opinion, "I gave it a fair shot, and it's just not entertaining to me, so I'm done with them " is nowhere near "I gave them achance to remove my doubts, and they failed to do so, so I'm done with them."

And as mentioned before, I have found there to be VERY, VERY few men for which it can e said that they gave a fair, 'clean slate' shot. There are menthat say that, but it only takes a little dialogue with them to see that they approached with the same mentality shared by Trueshot, whether they admit it or not.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

TrueshotAura:
Who cares! Women's (insert sport) sux!
TraSoul, responses like this one speak largley to what I'm talking about. If there were a WMLB, you think this guy would give it a shot, see if he could find any entertainment value in it?

In my opinion, "I gave it a fair shot, and it's just not entertaining to me, so I'm done with them " is nowhere near "I gave them a chance to remove my doubts, and they failed to do so, so I'm done with them."

And as mentioned before, I have found there to be VERY, VERY few men for which it can e said that they gave a fair, 'clean slate' shot. There are men that say that, but it only takes a little dialogue with them to see that they approached with the same mentality shared by Trueshot, whether they admit it or not.

nah I used to go to Monarch games for free and the gameplay was so incredibly lame.

Originally Posted by 4thand10

Good deal for the WNBA:

The Mercury's deal with LifeLock is for three years and will be worth at least $1 million per year.

Link

Wow, 1 mill a year. That will help get them out of debt quick, that pays for all the players salaries with a lot left to spare. Hopefully otherteams can get similar deals.

Originally Posted by FoShizzle

Good deal for the WNBA:

The Mercury's deal with LifeLock is for three years and will be worth at least $1 million per year.

Link

Wow, 1 mill a year. That will help get them out of debt quick, that pays for all the players salaries with a lot left to spare. Hopefully other teams can get similar deals.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

a mil. wow that just sounds sad. I can see some NBA player like Shaq getting bored and having the jersey redesigned around them. Man that's cheap. I meanStarbury made like 220mil this year. really.

[h1]Sparks to have sponsor name on jersey front[/h1]Posted Jun 5 2009 5:08PMLOS ANGELES (AP) -- The Los Angeles Sparks are joining the Phoenix Mercury as WNBA teams putting a sponsor's name ontheir jerseys.

Under the multiyear deal with Farmers Insurance Group announced on Friday, the Sparks will feature the company's name and logo on the front of theirjerseys and warmups. The company's name and logo will also have major visibility in Staples Center during home games.

The Phoenix Mercury have a three-year deal with LifeLock, an identity theft protection company whose name will replace the team's full name on home androad uniforms. The team's logo will appear above the LifeLock on the left side.

The Sparks will wear the newly branded jerseys for the first time in their season opener against defending WNBA champion Detroit on Saturday.
5nt9nq.jpg

Originally Posted by belle155

Good deal for the WNBA:

Link

Wow, 1 mill a year. That will help get them out of debt quick, that pays for all the players salaries with a lot left to spare. Hopefully other teams can get similar deals.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

They are still probably making more than you in a year...and they are playing basketball... for 4 months.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

i have no problem with this...i assume it'll happen in the NBA eventually.
if it ever does hopefully it never does. it wouldnt be to the extent of the wnba were they take up the whole chest and you dont even see the teamsname.
i can see the nba or nfl putting a patch on the jerseys but hopefully nothing as big as the wnba has done

Good deal for the WNBA:

Link

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
They are still probably making more than you in a year...and they are playing basketball... for 4 months.

wrong. unless they got massive raises i know i make more than all of the players. im not counting overseas money or shoe deals for the few thathave em, im talkin straight WNBA money. its not much at all. if you work enough hours at mcdonalds youd make as much as a WNBA rookie

belle155:
FoShizzle:

wrong. unless they got massive raises i know i make more than all of the players. im not counting overseas money or shoe deals for the few that have em, im talkin straight WNBA money. its not much at all. if you work enough hours at mcdonalds youd make as much as a WNBA rookie
minimum salary last year: $34500
maximum salary last year: $95000

So there's your range.

Good deal for the WNBA:

Link

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Did you do the math?

Raw numbers based on $1Mil:

11-player roster = $90,909 average salary with nothing left to spare

+ 4-member coaching staff (15 people total) = $66,666 avg with nothing left to spare

Those numbers are as raw as it gets, and it only gets worse when you factor in stadium rental, plane tickets, bus rentals, fuel, hotel rentals,uniforms/equipment, advertising etc. Obviously, there will also be a couple of executives who will pull from the pot. Not to mention this is all before taxes.

Basically, $1 Million is not that much for a business of this nature.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Good deal for the WNBA:

Link

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Did you do the math?

Raw numbers based on $1Mil:

11-player roster = $90,909 average salary with nothing left to spare

+ 4-member coaching staff (15 people total) = $66,666 avg with nothing left to spare

Those numbers are as raw as it gets, and it only gets worse when you factor in stadium rental, plane tickets, bus rentals, fuel, hotel rentals, uniforms/equipment, advertising etc. Obviously, there will also be a couple of executives who will pull from the pot. Not to mention this is all before taxes.

Basically, $1 Million is not that much for a business of this nature.

The average player salary is probably $50,000 x 11 = $550,000. That leaves plenty left to pay the coaches and still have left over $$. Obviously a new dealthat pays for your entire team including coaches with money left over is going to HELP you get out of debt.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Same concept with tennis, but because of the short skirts and tight tops (
devil.gif
), your average fan will know a few more names. I'll say your average fan knows 15 males and 4 females.
There was definitely a time period when women's tennis was more popular than men's tennis.

Is Becky Hammon playing this year? I was watching a San Antonio game and didn't see her at all.

Back
Top Bottom