The Wonder Years appreciation post

used to watch it all the time growing up.
great show

Easily one of the top shows of my lifetime, it was ahead of it's time. Love that show.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

I remember back in the day when I saw it, I was like..."wait a minute, Kevin got his girl stolen by that kid from saved by the bell"
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif

anybody know why they can use the original theme on the hub showings but not on netflix?

my dude def. should have gotten w/ madeline ... she was all over my dude ... also that chick that he met on vacation ...
pimp.gif
30t6p3b.gif
@ him going back up there that 2nd time after not keeping in touch w/ her ...

winnie
indifferent.gif
during the last season

favorite tv show of all time

i loved this show. i just didn't like the way the series ended.

also one of his classmates in the older episodes was Screech, keeping that SBTB connection.

Because of this show and the Christmas Story, I have a personal narrator in my head. It's been that way since I was a kid.

This show is the truth.

Spent two weeks watching a marathon in like 96, taking care of my little brother.

Never finished the show. I thought him and Winnie would make it, but of course they didn't. The show was too realistic.

I think the saddest episode was when Kevin went to work with his dad. He realized why his dad was the way he was.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by NobleKane

anybody know why they can use the original theme on the hub showings but not on netflix?

????
I believe it had something to do with them not getting the rights for it, so they had to record a different one (which SUCKS, dude sounds like he is squealing)

Kevin rockin heat lol. The ending of this show seemed too soon which is likely because there was supposed to be another seaon. With Season 5 going the way it did I think that's what caused it to end sooner than later. First four seasons were memorable though

is all the music from the show removed or just the Intro?

Music was awesome. "When A man Loves A women" ...
frown.gif

Originally Posted by outbackbob24

is all the music from the show removed or just the Intro?

Music was awesome. "When A man Loves A women" ...
frown.gif

I watched the first episode again just to check if the song was still intact. It's still there
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

I loved this show.
I stopped my Mom at Kenny Shoes and begged for the OG 3s after I saw this episode.

celebrity-shoe-sightings-air-jordan-edition-27.jpg

- episode? stop lying, that aint even from the wonder years. thats from Little Monsters.....  and why the Hell would a Kevin Arnold from the 60's and 70's have on shoes from the 80's?

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

I loved this show.
I stopped my Mom at Kenny Shoes and begged for the OG 3s after I saw this episode.

- episode? stop lying, that aint even from the wonder years. thats from Little Monsters.....  and why the Hell would a Kevin Arnold from the 60's and 70's have on shoes from the 80's?

30t6p3b.gif

QFT

Dude just ruined the thread with that nonsense 

Regarding the music, this was off wiki:

On October 1, 2011, 115 uncut original broadcast episodes of the series were added to Netflix streaming. The clip show from the end of Season 4, which was released on DVD, has not been included,[sup][24][/sup] and portions of the soundtrack have been replaced. The show's opening theme, Joe Cocker's rendition of The Beatles' "With a Little Help From My Friends," has been replaced with a cover version of the same song.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

I loved this show.

damb.  
Victim of the memory blender
30t6p3b.gif
...carry on.

Originally Posted by jayt206

Kevin rockin heat lol. The ending of this show seemed too soon which is likely because there was supposed to be another seaon. With Season 5 going the way it did I think that's what caused it to end sooner than later. First four seasons were memorable though
I think I saw something on Biography about how producers realized all of a sudden that they weren't doing another season, so they quickly wrote the final couple episodes to wrap it up. That's why it was a little abrupt.

Back
Top Bottom